thoughts on the EVO VII?

This is a discussion on thoughts on the EVO VII? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i would prefer the Sti over the EVO. and besides, the EVO doesn't exactly look all that nice and the ...

thoughts on the EVO VII?

i would prefer the Sti over the EVO. and besides, the EVO doesn't exactly look all that nice and the interior is no where near as nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You mean people buy a sports car for a luxury cars interior? Well comparing the huge price difference on them here in Japan there'd be no way in hell I'd give them that much cash for a STI when the Evo is available. Besides there are replacement from bumpers for the Evo to make it look like the previous versions. I don't see a headlight kit like that for the Subaru.
    No offense but I just like the GC8 model WRX's. I doubt either of the two would win a beuty contest.

Originally posted by RNN14
    You mean people buy a sports car for a luxury cars interior?
    Sports car? Isn't it also 4 doors . But yeah, neither is luxurious.
    2002 Rally Blue WRX - Few mods

My buddy who owns both an EVO VI and a STi says the interior on the Evo sucks. He also said all the EVOs he has owned were built porely compared to the STi. He has owned every version of each up to the 6th generation. He had an EVO VII for a couple of weeks but did not like it and took it back. Just so you guys know this in Thailand where he is from.
    "Work All Day to Drive All Night"

02 WRB WRX Gone But Not Forgotten
    Injen CAI, Turboxs BOV and MBC, Whiteline Springs, 18" ADR rims, Clear Side Reflectors, Kartboy Short Shifter, KB bushings, KB shift knob, Reverse Indiglow Gauges, Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge and A/F, Push Start Ignition, Scooby Sport Down Pipe and Mid pipe, God Speed Uppipe, Turboxs custom unichip, Bosal Muffler

Don't be like the rsx guys and start talking about interior quality..

If the performances of the EVO is what I excepted. I'll have another car in my garage.

Interior?? what a joke buying a car solely on cosmetic appearances.
    Carless

i have to admit that i have been to other clubs (not mentioning any names) and it does get a little boring when they start comparing leather seats and all, but lets not forget that different people look for different things in cars, and you dont have any right to bash on somebody if they like a car because of its interior, or exterior, or performance, or because it has little flames painted down the sides. even though WRX enthusiasts tend to be performance oriented, people spend their money on what they enjoy, so lets allow them to do that in peace...

o-|-<) bryan

I Support ClubWRX
    HMMM....don't get me wishing for an EVO...I'm going to be homeless and sleeping in cars if my obsession gets the better of me.......

Anyways, I adore the EVO VI. The VII seems to be quite exciting as well, though I don't like the idea of depending on an enormous amount of electro gizmos. I would hate to blow a sensor for the center diff (electro hydro)and have the car turned into a FWD. One the other hand(typical double standard), it would be nice to make use of the hand brake is tight U-turns without fear of messing something in the center differential business. Evidently the EVO is sharper steering; not surprisingly so either, as the WRX lays on the same front geometry design that plagued a lourd full of Subarus resulting in lift under acceleration and ultimately UNDERSTEER(not to mention the lack of a front LSD doesn't help much either). The caster/anti lift kit should remedy this significantly however. I don't think there is a EVO in store for me anytime soon(ie the first production North American model) as I live in Canada where Mitsubishis(starting next year only) aren't even sold(apart from Eclipse=Talon, 3000GT=Stealth) and there is no official word when the EVO will even land on our shores.

Got some new info on US Evo VII on car and driver...
    Evo 7 is only gonna have 250hp, due to different intercooler set up for the us spec (probably due to the frontal impact crash tests.)
    Sti is still going to be around 270 or so.. yeah!