Got Owned
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got Owned within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well me and my friends were really bored tonight so we decded to call this kid who owns a 2002 ...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Got Owned

Well me and my friends were really bored tonight so we decded to call this kid who owns a 2002 Trans AM Limited Edtion Auto. Its a neat car...driven with him a couple times, its a nice yellow.

So here is the racing part. We line up in the middle of 22...no cars. We do the 3 horn count and i have a decent launch..at first i thought i killed him and as going to cruise away but when i was around 35-40 mph he bows past me..like i was standing still. Bummer.

So we line up again at a light this time. Im thinking mybe it was a fluke and i can get a better launch. Well the lights turns green and i launch perfectly i am about 2 cars ahead of him and boooooom the same thing happens but at around 50ish. He just blows by me...very sad. He also got some tire spinnage

My conclusion is....i dont know, lol. I thought i would have a chance with him. He didnt have that many mods. I think i comes stock with duel ram airs or something...i dont know pontic that well

As for me i am stock except for a few mods. the two races were a joke...we raced to 100 and he musta been 15 + car lengths ahead of me ...and my friend got it on tape in the TRANS AM car...he was laughing all the way.

::TEAR::

Take it ez guys and drive safe
    Tom
    Last edited by WilliamG; 06-26-2003 at 09:21 PM.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't see how you got beat. There is a Grand Am around here that has nitrous and is still no competition for me even when I was stock
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

well tom, from the get-go he had a faster car, so I guess its time to mod it out. You can always check out www.turboxs.com and buy some goodies. Are you sure you don't mean a trasm am, ws6, auto? Post ASAp. Later

Matt
    Either you got a wicked jump shot or you're slinging crack rock, so I went the white-boy way of selling crack rock. I decided to become a stock broker.

Addicted to boost...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Lol, sorry about that TRANS AM...big differnce...my bad
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

he lie to you, he musta had nos or something...
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

Are you sure you don't mean Grand PRIX? No way a Grand Am could even step to a WRX!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by Jack
    Lol, sorry about that TRANS AM...big differnce...my bad
    OK that makes a lot more sense.
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

Red face

Yea...i should shoot myself for saying that.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

Are you sure it was not the 40th anniversary Grand Prix which also came with hood ducts. If it was you were racing a supercharged 240-260hp car which is pretty fast.

If modded 1/4 mile times can be in low 13's high 12's.

i just asked him again....he says its a 2002 pontiac trans am

Its does have the air ducts on the hood. With the ducts saying RAM AIR. He also as the special edtion decals on it. Is is a convertiable (excuse my spelling, i suck)

He says it runs 0-60 4.9. I thougt he was bullsh!ting..i guess not. And i think it runs mid 13s stck
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

that race sounds right to me, i bet it has a black roof too? i raced one of these in my modded 99 M3 he got me by 2 cars at 90mph. they are very fast. get your pipes opend up and go at him again.
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

Those special editions look nice imo. PRobably one of the few nice looking American cars. But i just dont like the way most of them look
    Is this what his looked like?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trans.jpg  

the yellow one on top is SLOW. JK, thats one fast mofo. theres one at a pontiac dealership by my house, exect same, and the car looks just gorgeous. i think it was like 35K+ for it. dayum!

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Thats it

Yea thats the car...evil little thing. At first i didnt like it but when you see it in ur rear veiw mirror and see it blast by you...i changed my mind. I told hm at the end of summer we shall race again. By then i should have an up-pipe, down-pipe. Maybe i will keep up?

Thomas
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

OK I'm probably gonna get flamed but.... He should have about 300+ rwhp and he's got a 5.7L V8 so top end you will get smoked either way. Basically IMO he's in a totally different class I wouldn't race him again until you get some serious mods hehe

Like Dennis Miller says... "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong"
    2003 Platinum Silver WRX
    Stock Gutted Uppipe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast