Got Owned - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got Owned within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the uppipe and downpipe will help, but i have some advice. you better stock up on vaseline, cuz ur gonna ...

the uppipe and downpipe will help, but i have some advice. you better stock up on vaseline, cuz ur gonna get raped again!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You'll beat him to 60mph no problem. But unless you have a breathing turbo like a VF22, forget top end.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    yup, he has like 320 hp. And his top end is pretty fing good...and yes i went to drug fair and got some off brand vaseline.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Nice death! What did you think when you went up against him? That you actually got a chance? That's like saying I can take on a single turbo supra from a 60-MPH roll... It's just not gonna happen and my cobra traps 118+ MPH in the 1/4-mile.
    2003 SVT Cobra Coupe, BPU+
    - 14.5 @ 101 MPH
    - Slow snake = STi food (come get some )

Well, he thought he was racing a Grand Prix first, so of course he didn't know what he was getting into

Fragbait, I'm glad you have an abundance of humor to share with us...can't hang with a Supra from a roll, please man.

Tell us some Z06 stories or something.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

LS1's are no joke. However, if you get an up pipe and a down pipe, plus a MBC of some sort, you should have a chance from a stop. Without the MBC you wont stand much of a chance.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

yup, he has like 320 hp. And his top end is pretty fing good...and yes i went to drug fair and got some off brand vaseline.
    Yeah he has 320 hp.....At the the WHEELS!!!!! that is why you are going to get raped everytime, that car will run high 12s....STOCK! it makes probably 320hp at around 5800 rpms, but whats really going to kill you is it's 300+ lb/ft of torque from 2300-5500rpms!

My freind has a 2002 Formula, and when he only had 2000 miles on the odo, he dyno'd 307hp, and 326ftlbs.....Dead STOCK! here's his Dyno sheet if you want to see what you are up against.
    http://home.rochester.rr.com/grandpr.../pat002-sm.jpg
    And he also ran 13.1@ 109 dead stock...he is aiming for 12s on a dead stock motor and street tires.
    Stock or something close to it.....

I know that somebody here was in his best freind's brother's WRX that beat a car that beat somebody else's brother's Top Fuel car...whatever; I only know this: My 99 SS Camaro (essentially the same car as the Trans Am mentioned) ran 12.90's @ 106ish stock. My WRX ran 14.20's @ 94ish at the same track and weather. It will take a fair chunk of horsepower to make up 1.3 seconds and 12mph. My $.02 and worth exactly that.
    -Ray

On the track the majority of LS1's I've seen have run mid-high 13's. I've never personally witnessed a LS1 break into the 12's stock, although I've heard of people doing it. It would take a phenomenal launch on street tires for a stock LS1 to break 12's, they really don't have the power from the factory to be running 12's. So assuming the majority of LS1 owners are running mid 13's, a WRX with up pipe, downpipe and MBC should be a good run assuming the WRX owner can drive. The WRX should still lose from a roll however, as thats upgraded turbo territory.
    Last edited by Mad Max 03; 06-26-2003 at 05:05 PM.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

Originally posted by 2fast4uWRX
    I don't see how you got beat. There is a Grand Am around here that has nitrous and is still no competition for me even when I was stock
    It was trans am
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

they really don't have the power from the factory to be running 12's.
    Most LS1s are making a Minimum of 300 hp AT the wheels, and more than 315ft lbs at the wheels......however if you have a 2002, there is little diffrence between the LS1 and the LS6. GM admits that the 2002 F-bodies are the most powerful because it pretty much has an LS6 under the hood(in case anyone wonders and LS6 is the engine in the Corevette).
    Yes most LS1 powered vehicles are running mid 13s....BUT it's not because they don't have the power, it's because the driver doesn't know how to drive! And it wouldn't take one hell of a launch, it would take a 2.0 60' to get into the 12s....like I said my friend ran 13.1@109 and that was with a 2.2 60" if he could manage a 2.0 he would be running 12.9.....STOCK!

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash on WRXs....I love them, but I am a GM loyalist, who is just sick of reliability, but most of all, I am sick of there conservativeness....they could easily make a 500HP Z06, or hell I have even seen a Grand Prix with a Transversly mounted LS1 mated to an AWD system....but GM just doesn't have the balls to make what needs to be done!
    Stock or something close to it.....

Originally posted by soon2BWRXd
    Most LS1s are making a Minimum of 300 hp AT the wheels, and more than 315ft lbs at the wheels......however if you have a 2002, there is little diffrence between the LS1 and the LS6. GM admits that the 2002 F-bodies are the most powerful because it pretty much has an LS6 under the hood(in case anyone wonders and LS6 is the engine in the Corevette).
    Yes most LS1 powered vehicles are running mid 13s....BUT it's not because they don't have the power, it's because the driver doesn't know how to drive! And it wouldn't take one hell of a launch, it would take a 2.0 60' to get into the 12s....like I said my friend ran 13.1@109 and that was with a 2.2 60" if he could manage a 2.0 he would be running 12.9.....STOCK!

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash on WRXs....I love them, but I am a GM loyalist, who is just sick of reliability, but most of all, I am sick of there conservativeness....they could easily make a 500HP Z06, or hell I have even seen a Grand Prix with a Transversly mounted LS1 mated to an AWD system....but GM just doesn't have the balls to make what needs to be done!
    1. 2002's don't have the LS6. 01-02 have the LS6 inatake and a very select few have the block, none of them have cam or the heads.

2. The Corvette has the LS1. The Z06 has the LS6, big difference. In 98, they dynoed a stock Z28 vs. a stock C5 Vette, Z28 Dynoed HIGHER. Not much, like 2 or 3 h orses, but yeah, same engine.

3. Most 98-99 LS1s will run mid to high 13s, 2000s a little quicker, and 01-02 even quicker. The one's running 12's stock are factory freaks and have great drivers. My personal best (and I'm stock) is a 13.8 @103. Thats with a 2.35 60'. I could probably dip into the 13.6s or 13.5s with a 2.2, which is about the best you're gonna get on street tires, without a lot of luck.

Props to your friend on the 13.1, he must be a good driver, better than me atlest.

As to the orginal post, nice death. Go stage 4, race him for slips, sell them both and get an STi
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Personally, I have a hard time believing that you would be beaten that badly from a stop. As the former owner of a '99 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, I am no stranger to their staggering amount of torque. However, my WS6 was a six speed, whereas the one you were racing was an auto. While I have never driven an auto, I have ridden in one, and it seemed completely different than mine. It simply didn't have the same thrust.

I now have a manual '02 WRX with the listed mods, and it feels every bit as fast as my Trans Am, if not faster. True, it doesn't have the same torquey feeling, the speedometer rises just as quickly. I believe that if you get a good launch, you could beat this car if you were merely racing to highway speeds.

I have not gotten a chance to race any Trans Ams since getting my WRX, so I cannot verify this--it is all simply my personal opinion after owning them both. However, I can say without a doubt, that I could have beaten my old Pulsar from a stop por from a roll--and that is saying a lot.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    From a stop i dont think a stock wrx can keep t 90-100 mph with it. I had a good launch...abou 2-3 cars ahead of him...i might ofhad him a 60 but past that i was nothing.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

i have encountered a trans am like that one but i faired a little better. i have a little more mods though. back when i had a stock turbo i raced a 2001 camaro ss and we raced up to 130 from a dead stop and he passed me at about 110 or 115 so i would have made it to the 1/4 mile faster but he probably would have killed me from a nything over 50 or 60 from a roll. the bigger turbo made a big difference.

WRX vs. 30th aniv ws6
    Mods: TurboSpec 20g hybrid turbo, TurboSpec racing downpipe, custom 3" catback, vishnu uppipe, ported exhaust manifold, ported TGV housings, perrin intake, custom inlet pipe, greddy front mount, walbro 342 pump, perrin fuel rails, sx FPR, sx fuel filter, SSR Competition wheels, Carbon fiber hood, gauges galore inside, techedge WB O2 kit, UTEC, greddy profec b, greddy turbo timer.

1982 280zx turbo swap. Ford supercoupe intercooler. crushed stock FPR, crushed 2g dsm bov. stock 99 dodge diesel catback as intercooler piping. electric fan, and intercooler fan. best e.t. 8.22 @ 84.4 238hp 348tq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.