02' Saleen 281 & 02' S2000
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02' Saleen 281 & 02' S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Two nights ago i raced me and my friends went to go race by this one golf course. Its a ...

Thumbs up 02' Saleen 281 & 02' S2000

Two nights ago i raced me and my friends went to go race by this one golf course. Its a long straight road that stretches for more a full mile. We went at around 11:30PM. We had one of our friends flag us and did a lot of runs that night. When i raced the Saleen(oh btw not supercharged) i beat him in the 1/4 mile but later at around 90 mph, it catches me like nothing and burns me. with the s2000, i blow it away from the launch and it has a hard time keeping up but eventually does the same thing as the saleen. but i gotta say that those two guys cannot shift for jack. but hey a win is a win rite? they say they can but if they can, i am not suppose be smoking the both of them in the 1/4 mile. i rev to about 4500 rpm or 5000 rpm and just drop the clutch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh btw the s2000 wins against the saleen. goes to show who is better at shifting. i also have another friend that drives a m3 w/ nos. he has the fastest car in my team. he shifts pretty good too. he smokes, w/o the nos, the s2000 and the saleen and me of course.

DUI
    The Saleens for the most part are not that impressive. The non blown version is merely a GT with suspension, appearance and air package. (might also have intake, but im not sure)

With Saleen you pay for the name. Although if I had the money I would buy one just for the collectability.

-jake

now that i got my boost controller, i think that i could blow him away totally. him and the s2000. i'll let you guys know when i run these guys again

I believe if you pay for a Saleen s281, your paying for the handling and braking improvements. With that shop as well as others, its How fast/How much money.

So to get the extra power, you either go for a S281-E or move up to an SR.

Do they still make the S351?

Originally posted by mhoward1
    I believe if you pay for a Saleen s281, your paying for the handling and braking improvements. With that shop as well as others, its How fast/How much money.

So to get the extra power, you either go for a S281-E or move up to an SR.

Do they still make the S351?
    You can buy a supercharged s-281 or the s281-E....The SR is a serious car, hand made suspension and about 150K.....good run with the s281 and the s2k....I am still waiting to run a WRX off the line, I have run them on the freeway and pulled on them pretty easy but really want to see these SWEET WRX's pull hard off the line

Oh yea the do not make the s351 anymore
    2001 SVT Cobra Vert
    Silver/Black Top/Polished Wheels
    281RWHP/286RWTQ Stock
    100MM Densecharger CAI
    Mobil 1

you guys are a little off on the prcie of the sr the prices start at 150 then you have to add brakes and motor packages i was trying to sell one to a race team when i was working for the dealership and thats what i was telling them then the saleen rep corected me he said to have one to compete it would be around 350-450 somewhere in that range

they dont make 351s anymore but they are the **** i sold a regular 281 to a guy who put twin turbos on his he was pushing around 800hp it was nice

just some info

Question

Originally posted by n2trble111
    you guys are a little off on the prcie of the sr the prices start at 150 then you have to add brakes and motor packages i was trying to sell one to a race team when i was working for the dealership and thats what i was telling them then the saleen rep corected me he said to have one to compete it would be around 350-450 somewhere in that range

they dont make 351s anymore but they are the **** i sold a regular 281 to a guy who put twin turbos on his he was pushing around 800hp it was nice

just some info

The price of the SR is about 160k see the link below....when you mention 350-400k are you talking about the S7??

MSRP

Saleen SR Coupe Base Price:
    $158,000.00

Ford Options not included in the Saleen base MSRP

Convenience Group: $550.00
    Dual Illuminated Visor Mirrors: $95.00
    Defroster, Rear Window: $190.00
    Smoker's Package: $15.00
    Mach 460 Sound System: $395.00

Enclosed transport to dealer: $1,325.00
    Fuel Consumption Tax: $3,000.00

Specifications and price subject to change without notice - effective 3/00
    2001 SVT Cobra Vert
    281RWHP/286RWTQ Stock
    100MM Densecharger CAI
    Mobil 1

im just saying what the saleen rep told me the s7 is not what i was talking about it was about an sr widebody i know i was takeing an order trying to make money it was in the mid 300s

Raced the S281 yesterday. Took it out and just hammered it. He couldn't pull on me at all. I only have a boost controller for mods. ran 15.5 psi i think. Can't wait to race the s2000. I am getting a cat-back hks exhaust next week. maybe it'll help me in top end? don't really know. i'll keep you guys informed. me and my friends do a lot of street racing. our team organize our own street races with people flaggin us.

Oh btw. for those that are curious. i had the s281 by more than two car lengths behind me.

Good run.....What year Saleen? The new s281's have 285hp and should run the 1/4 in 13.9 at 100-101mph on average....not sure what your car would run with the mods that you have.....sounds like it was a good race.....The s2000 is faster on topend then the saleen to the best of my knowledge....I am still looking for my first race with an s2k
    2001 SVT Cobra Vert
    281RWHP/286RWTQ Stock
    100MM Densecharger CAI
    Mobil 1

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.