Raced a 300zx TT bpu

This is a discussion on Raced a 300zx TT bpu within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i raced my friends bpu300zx tt on the highway... We were cruising on the highway, i was in 2nd ...

Raced a 300zx TT bpu

So i raced my friends bpu300zx tt on the highway... We were cruising on the highway, i was in 2nd gear at 4k rpms. He beeped 3 times, then we went. We were dead even when i was in 2nd gear, as soon as i shifted he started passing me... and continued......... and continued.... and continued to pull on me.. I ended up losing by id say 4-5 bus lengths or so. I shut down at 110. All in all im pretty satisfied with the race, i thought it was going to be much worse. My friend that was in the camaro behind us, said he thought i did pretty well too.

The 300zx was a engine swap to TT, and he has full exhaust and boost control.. and some other things i beleive.

Thats my second loss in my wrx..only other one was to a 2k3 cobra, when i was stock.. so im not to upset about those losses.

-nick
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

4 -5 bus lengths not too bad.... I mean your still hanging in there, right? Hehehe.... J/K..... Nice death. I raced my brother-in-laws stock WRX with my BPU'd 03 cobra and I think I ONLY got him by 20+ bus-lengths (conservatively speaking). By the time I reached 140 MPH, he was just a little spec of dot in the rearview mirror (well, not that small, but you know what I mean). I though he HUNG on pretty well.....
    2003 SVT Cobra Coupe, BPU+
    - 14.5 @ 101 MPH
    - Slow snake = STi food (come get some )

That 14.5@101mph was you running in reverse, right?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Yeah, if thats the 2003 cobra it shouldve done way better than 14.5 in the 1/4 mile.......390 HP supercharged engine?
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

14.5? that has to be a joke w/ a BPU 03 Cobra. either that or you really can't drive
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

You guys are too gullable.... hence the smiley wink next to the sig. You guys know what "frag" and "bait" means don't ya?

Anyway.... just for the record... my best ET so far is 12.1 and best MPH was 118 MPH. Both on stock F1 tires. I have only been down the qtr-mile with this car three times!
    - 14.5 @ 101 MPH

Originally posted by Fragbait
    Anyway.... just for the record... my best ET so far is 12.1 and best MPH was 118 MPH. Both on stock F1 tires. I have only been down the qtr-mile with this car three times!

that's more like it! good run, wow.
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Originally posted by Fragbait
    You guys are too gullable.... hence the smiley wink next to the sig. You guys know what "frag" and "bait" means don't ya?

I thought my wink and "reverse" showed I wasn't too gullable

Anyway, nice times...****, that's mid 11s with drag radials, isn't it? Goddamn, I had a Cobra pull a ricer flyby on me the other day (not exactly sure why) but it was fun as hell to watch him come from nowhere and just blast by me. Bad ass car for sure..and now that its summer, I actually see a few of them on the road.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

You guys won't believe this, but I have actually jinxed myself.... I actually ran a 14.x @ 102 MPH today!

Anyway, the details are posted here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...threadid=45086

(and I'm Forbidden Snake over there)
    - 14.5 @ 101 MPH