Stock WRX wagon vs. Mustang GT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock WRX wagon vs. Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A few nights ago, a friend and I were in my brother's WRX wagon, out trying to find some other ...

Stock WRX wagon vs. Mustang GT

A few nights ago, a friend and I were in my brother's WRX wagon, out trying to find some other friends. We stopped at a light and a Mustang GT pulled up. The passenger in the GT was staring at us with his mouth hanging open, so I asked my friend, "What the hell does he want?" (Their windows and ours were down.) They revved up at us, so I laughed and told my friend that I'd own the GT, so better not. Light changed, he took off, I decided to take him...so I did, hands down, no problem. We got to the next light so the most hick sounding voice I have ever heard screams, "We got a thousand dollas! Wanna race?" Took a few tries to get him to speak clearly enough to understand him. Anyways...that's the most childish, stupid, wannabe Fast and the Furious crap I think I'd ever heard, so I dropped him again and left the area.

Anyone else ever get some stupid kids trying to play like they're in a bad movie? That was definitely a first for me.

RN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Prepare to get flamed by some Stang lovers on this board buddy. According to those people, a Stock WRX wagon (especially a 4eat), cannot beat a GT or even a Ford expedition. LOL!

Good kill man

Its all in the nut behind the steering wheel, I think. My 93 lx 5.0 turned quicker times stock for stock than my wagon, but every car (and driver) is different.
    -Ray

I guess I'm ready to be flamed but come on...well driven stock 5-speed WRX wagon with 2 people in it against a stock Mustang GT auto with 4 people in it? The whole post was more on the really childish F&F part from the children in the GT and less that I beat the GT...beating a GT isn't something big enough to write about. On the way to get pizza the other night, I beat a red GT with a guy and his girlfriend in it, right in front of a trooper stopping a Fiero...couldn't help but do that. No biggie...happens all the time. No good drivers around here.

RN

i call bs. mustangs are fast. if u did win, he was probably working on only 4 cylinders.

asian wrx knows what im talking about.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    i call bs. mustangs are fast. if u did win, he was probably working on only 4 cylinders.

asian wrx knows what im talking about.
    Call BS if you want but I beat him. Your desire to see the GT win does not change the past.

Also, go back and read all my posts, especially about the loads in both cars and transmissions in each. Then realize that 260 hp from a 4.6L V8 is outright pitiful. A stock GT is quick, not fast.

RN

EDIT:
    Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    i have an automatic wrx and i have raced a couple of mustang gt's and have beat most of them. actually, i have never lost to one yet.
    Contradiction. Suspect. What makes your auto magic? I'm guessing now you'll tell me that a 5+ year-old Sentra, stock, is fast too.
    Last edited by renichms; 06-25-2003 at 04:14 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Argh! Take it easy guys! SO MUCH of the time it comes down to DRIVER. I've beaten a TON of CLEARLY faster cars by getting off the line faster. Good grief! I reckon a 4eat wagon could take a GT easily if there was a better drive behind the wheel of the 4eat.

(Heck, I beat an EVO off the line and I was in reverse! I shut down at 120mph though because being in reverse meant I was pivotting like a crazed muppet.)

2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by WilliamG
    Argh! Take it easy guys! SO MUCH of the time it comes down to DRIVER. I've beaten a TON of CLEARLY faster cars by getting off the line faster. Good grief! I reckon a 4eat wagon could take a GT easily if there was a better drive behind the wheel of the 4eat.

(Heck, I beat an EVO off the line and I was in reverse! I shut down at 120mph though because being in reverse meant I was pivotting like a crazed muppet.)

I know...I shouldn't take the flamer too seriously but it's hard not to. I walked all over the GT and then get some random guy who has never met me, seen my brother's car or the GT and then he tells me the past didn't happen. He "calls bs." I know people can doubt, but come on...I was relating the tale of a childish bunch wanting to jump into a bad movie, not telling about the Diablo I walked all over (that one, the Diablo, has never happened...I done good to see one in person, much less race one...).

Sorry if this seems directed at you since I'm using a quote here but the whole thing is stupid. I was warned though...so next time I won't post about it. Seems some WRX owners doubt the abilities of their own cars and their fellow enthusiasts more so. Sad, really.

RN

A lot of it really is all about the driver. A couple weeks ago I killed a 350Z by much more than I should have on a few runs. In that situation it obviously came down to the drivers. I've only got a TXS turboback too, so it's not like I'm all modded out. He just didn't really know what he was doing. That's how you beat cars that should be faster than you.

Originally posted by Sotbas
    A lot of it really is all about the driver. A couple weeks ago I killed a 350Z by much more than I should have on a few runs. In that situation it obviously came down to the drivers. I've only got a TXS turboback too, so it's not like I'm all modded out. He just didn't really know what he was doing. That's how you beat cars that should be faster than you.
    Exactly. My PT Cruiser, heavier than stock with only exhaust, header and intake, has taken poorly driven Mustan GT's. They sat and spun, I took off expecting to get passed quickly...which usually happened since they kept going and I cut off at certain speeds.

RN

take it easy renichms. those gt's are a joke. i know that even the newer models, 260hp are weak when compared to their competition(camaros, trans am). i was kiddin about running on 4 cylinders thing.

automatic wrx's are no joke. many people like to make fun of them, but us auto owners know what really is up. anybody that wants to run me in their mt wrx, or slightly modded wrx, can just ask me. ill show u what my automatic wrx can do.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Mustangs are noooo big deal- I've beat a few with my wagon. The only ones to watch out for are the Saleen and Cobra ones. Mustang guys get so heated- every car loses a race from time to time. There's always a faster car.

Originally posted by renichms
    . Then realize that 260 hp from a 4.6L V8 is outright pitiful. A stock GT is quick, not fast.

I totally am not trying to be a jerk, but if a 260hp GT is "quick," then the same could be said about a stock WRX. They both are capable of low 14 second passes and some even hitting high 13s (right conditions, right driver's, etc...). That seems awfully strange coming from a stock WRX owner I guess...Its pretty much a driver's race no matter how you want to look at it.

Like I said, I'm NOT trying to be a jerk. But 2 14 second cars - both are "quick," not "fast." Now Stage 4, that's a different story

Good run by the way!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    I totally am not trying to be a jerk, but if a 260hp GT is "quick," then the same could be said about a stock WRX. They both are capable of low 14 second passes and some even hitting high 13s (right conditions, right driver's, etc...). That seems awfully strange coming from a stock WRX owner I guess...Its pretty much a driver's race no matter how you want to look at it.

Like I said, I'm NOT trying to be a jerk. But 2 14 second cars - both are "quick," not "fast." Now Stage 4, that's a different story

Good run by the way!
    I agree completely. The WRX is quick but not fast. In fact, it's as quick as always but for some reason, it now feels slow when I drive it, even at its limits. I can't wait for my STi to come in...I need something more challenging (no, won't do anything stupid, especially around traffic).

RN

Damn, congrats on the STI (when it comes in)! I'm sure you'll enjoy the hell out of it.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast