My consideration for Engine mods, coworker, RIP

This is a discussion on My consideration for Engine mods, coworker, RIP within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After getting my subaru, I wanted all these mods. Stage kits, best everything. After getting tickets I thought, "Why get ...

My consideration for Engine mods, coworker, RIP

After getting my subaru, I wanted all these mods. Stage kits, best everything. After getting tickets I thought, "Why get the power if can never use it? Isn't the WRX fast enough? " I think so. It can past most of the traffic on the freeway, with ease, so I cant fly by the M5 or EVO. Who cares? I'm not going to driving like that every single sec. So why? Yes I'm a car enthusiast, and I love cars. But there is more to things than that. And I know from personal experience that after a while men's ego gets in the way.

After driving some canyon roads a few, times, i enjoyed it, and loved it. It's beautiful but a little dangerous if driven out of control.

This past weekend, a co-worker of mine, an engineer crashed his car with a passenger, he didnt make it to the hospital, RIP. He was engaged to be married, The passenger survived with a broken collar bone.

So I ask myself. Why get engine mods, when driving at speed is illegal and can kill. For me it WAS ego. And I am about to be married, and not only would my life be over, but my fiancee's too.

So take it the track and be very safe.
    Love you all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry to hear bout you're friend.....we all make our own decisions in this world....anything can happen.....although there are alot of bone heads out there, i still like to think that a majority of the people are a little brighter then that, but it's just that the bone-heads tend to make the news

i think this board has lots of people who street race responsiblely, and show lots of respect for all cars.....personally, i can't remember when was the last time i street raced(was an old skooler, whom started the import scene here in so cali, out in gardena, sylmar, etc.)

anyways, sorry to hear bout you're friend

btw, was that the caravan to g-force bbq in your avatar? looks familar
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

no it was from Irvine..........

but the reality, it's still illegal, and the amount of time racing or running the car hard is like 5% of the time..... So why put the money into it? For me it WAS ego, don't know what others think. But it's just not worth it, unless you're into club racing, on a track with all the safety personell out there. and not 30 mins away

jt2
    Originally posted by skoobywrx

So why put the money into it? For me it WAS ego, don't know what others think. But it's just not worth it, unless you're into club racing, on a track with all the safety personell out there.
    Maybe I can offer a little different perspective: I don't mod my car to street race (being able to smack down the occasional smug bastich is just a side benefit). I do it because it makes a good machine even better.

Ask yourself why you bought a sports car in the first place. The answer to your question lies therein.

I "use" that upgraded turbo every time I get on the freeway. It can be done without annoying the general public. I've owned a lot of vehicles, and have modded just about all of them to some degree. And with only one exception, I have never considered them "done". Always room for a few more zots.

Having a high performance car is like owning a firearm - the key is to use it responsibly, and hope for the best. Sorry to hear about your friend.

sorry bout ur coworker. did he die racing or driving it hard?

i like to mod my car because i can and it makes me feel good that i did this and that this is kinda like my creation. i might drive like a nut at times but im always trying to be aware of the ppl around me and ready to react to anything...

like jt2 saids its like owning a firearm. its kinda like i show it to everyone but i always got the safety on.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Skoobywrx what you said is exactly how ive been, but I questioned my mod plan recently. Living in the Valley where traffic is everywhere and since I dont go to the strip, dont street race etc...I really dont need all that power. I know someday I will upgrade it but for now, I just dont need it. I guess i wanted it , just for the sake of having it. I think id rather do other mods to my car first.

capt'n'caveman: hey man you remember those old Sylmar days! I live near Olive View Hospital, not too far from San Fernando.
    Last edited by Mr. Fancypants; 06-25-2003 at 10:46 AM.
    04 SVT Lightning

I plan on modding my car to race.....at the track.
    -Rob
    02 WRX