First evo in the 11s
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on First evo in the 11s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...threadid=27976 mods list: Pruven Intercooler kit Pruven fuel pressure regulator kit Perrin short shifter RMR 3" turbo back - intake ...

First evo in the 11s

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...threadid=27976

mods list:

Pruven Intercooler kit
    Pruven fuel pressure regulator kit
    Perrin short shifter
    RMR 3" turbo back - intake and intercooler pipe kit
    Greddy emamage
    HKS EVCV
    Quantum Racing exhuast manifold
    HKS 264 cams
    Zex wet kit - 50 shot
    Walbro fuel pump

Amazingly - many items are still stock - which really shows what an amazing car the evo is :

Stock turbo
    Stock injectors
    Stock block and heads
    Stock wheels
    Stock CLUTCH! (but it finally grenaded hehe)
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm guessing the "Zex wet kit - 50 shot" is a 50 shot nitrous bottle.
    Still, impressive... no doubt it's a fast car. I'd be much more interested to see someone track one though... go run with the Audi's and BMW's and see what happens.
    GMH

this doesnt really suprise me. there have been wrx's that have gotten into the 11's with nos. and no new cams.

where subaru spent their money on the interior, mitsu spent it on a better turbo.

still nice that evo owners can upgrade fairly easily. looks like we have our work cut out for us...

WRX
    can't wait to see what the STi is gonna do!!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

man, how long did it take for the wrx to break into the 12's, let alone 11's.........nice
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

I dont think it was long to get the wrx in 12's... 11's are a different story though.
    - Jason

South East Region
    2002 Black and Bronze WRX

"hihihi" - R.I.P. Jonathan Braxton Hawkins -

Excellent time and run, it seems.

RN

Yeah, I'm not to impressed considering it was with N2O. Take a WRX with a stock turbo and a 250 shot and you'll put it in the 11's too - it becomes a question of tuning for as much nitro as possible. That's weak to me

What I am impressed with is that with mods that basically equal our stage 2, the Evo's are running mid 12's. That's damn inpressive on stock turbo, fuel, and cams. The best a stock turbo and fuel system on a WRX can do is low 13's (yes, a few freaks have broken into the 12's, but those are by far the exceptions and not the norm). That's what's impressive to me about the Evo.
    <----- Finally found an avatar I like!

Interesting to see him go nitrous before bigger turbo. Tells me the Evo responds to mods differently than the WRX.

Before anyone else bashes him for using nitrous, an 11 sec pass is impressive no matter how you do it. Anyone remember how long it took the Honda guys to get into the 11s? It was years, not months. I give it until the end of the year before Evo and Sti guys are knocking on 9s.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Well in all reality the evo should obtain 12's easier. They are faster from the factory. They have a much nicer turbo to start out with. The stock turbo (evo) is very capable of hitting 12's... Our stocker is capable, but is pretty maxed out when you hit a 12.9 (without nitrous)

The evo SHOULD respond better because it is a better starting platform...which is also why its 30-some-k $$$. If it didnt respond better with its setup, then I'd be worried about the car
    - Jason

South East Region
    2002 Black and Bronze WRX

"hihihi" - R.I.P. Jonathan Braxton Hawkins -

Have you guys seen the Ultimate-Racing Stage 5 kit for the WRX? It's good for 11's on stock internals WITHOUT nitrous.

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Produ...RXStage5.shtml

vid - 11.894 @ 114.72 MPH

Originally posted by palaban
    Have you guys seen the Ultimate-Racing Stage 5 kit for the WRX? It's good for 11's on stock internals WITHOUT nitrous.

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Produ...RXStage5.shtml

vid - 11.894 @ 114.72 MPH
    And what does this have to do with this thread . Can some of you guys try to turn your eyes towards another car besides the WRX for just a sec ??

Anyways, these times don't impress me at all. Automotosports.com's EVO VIII went 12.0 at 113mph with less mods and without nitrous. Here are the mods on that car.

AMS EVO8 downpipe-& cat-back
    K&N air filter
    AMS manual boost controller
    AMS MAF pipe
    Apexi S-AFC
    HKS 272/272 cams
    Lightweight battery (10.5lbs compared to stock 35lbs battery)
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 06-25-2003 at 05:48 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

And what does this have to do with this thread . Can some of you guys try to turn your eyes towards another car besides the WRX for just a sec??
    Wow, that was kind of rude. Did you forget a smiley in there, Bro?

It has to do with the fact that this forum is called "WRX vs. the World". It's not the "Other Cars - Ignore the WRX" forum.

[On-Topic]I'm impressed with anyone/anything that can show me an 11-second timeslip in a 4-wheeled vehicle. The 4G63 is a great motor, and the Evo is a potent performer.[/On-Topic]
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

A stock turboed wrx can run close to 12 flat with a 75 shot. Ask RobPA.

but 11's are crazy!

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    And what does this have to do with this thread . Can some of you guys try to turn your eyes towards another car besides the WRX for just a sec??

Anyways, these times don't impress me at all. Automotosports.com's EVO VIII went 12.0 at 113mph with less mods and without nitrous. Here are the mods on that car.

AMS EVO8 downpipe-& cat-back
    K&N air filter
    AMS manual boost controller
    AMS MAF pipe
    Apexi S-AFC
    HKS 272/272 cams
    Lightweight battery (10.5lbs compared to stock 35lbs battery)
    The reason I brought up the UltimateRacing WRX was to put those nitrous-aided Evo times in context. The Evo is in a class above the WRX. However, for similar money, it's possible to get my inferior car to that level W/O nitrous.

There was also talk about getting a WRX into the 11's so I brought up an example. 11's are impressive anyway you cut it. I'm just happy it's within reach for us too.

I'm very impressed with the Automotorsports Evo and seeing it made me seriously consider selling the WRX. It's incredible what you can do to that car for less than $2K.
    Last edited by palaban; 06-25-2003 at 04:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.