Going stupid fast racing a BMW

This is a discussion on Going stupid fast racing a BMW within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I did it again. I need to get my head out of my a$$ and stop doing this sh_t before ...

Red face Going stupid fast racing a BMW

I did it again. I need to get my head out of my a$$ and stop doing this sh_t before I kill myself.

Anyway, I was heading westbound on Highway 24 early Saturday morning when this BMW (I think it was a 325i) came up behind me and was weaving in and out of traffic (traffic was light). Anyway, I was driving in the fast lane and the guy cut me off and slowed down (I had the cruise control set at 75). I was like WTF. He speeds up and I speed up. We head through the center bore of the Caldecott tunnel and exit at about 90.

For those of you who don't know the area, there are a bunch of esses after the Caldecott and the freeway is four lanes wide.

Anyway, we are heading through the esses at about 110. There were cars around and I didn't think I had enough room to go around him in the esses so I just stayed behind him. So, when we got to the bottom of the hill, I saw some room and punched it. I thought I had plenty of room but I noticed when I got passed him that there was a car in my lane coming up fast. So, I move back in front of him. I might have had a car length or two when I moved back over but I signaled before I moved in front of him to let him know what I was doing. After I got back into the fast lane I see a curve in the road ahead of me and he's on my a$$. The next thing I'm thinking is "OH SH!T, I'm carrying too much speed" (I glanced down at the speedo right before entering the corner and it was a little past 140mph ). At that point, I wasn't worried about the BMW behind me and was focusing on getting the car through the turn. As I'm in the turn, I was thinking that I was pretty close to the limit and kept my foot on the floor (I figured that if I lifted at all, the weight would transfer forward and bye, bye ). As I continue around the corner, I notice that the corner was getting tighter and that there was a transition from asphalt to concrete ahead of me. On top of that, I noticed that there was a car in the next lane over at the exit of the curve (there goes my drift room). At this point, the car was drifting slightly and as the corner tightened, my car was pushing. I was really thinking "double oh sh!t!" So, I lifted slightly on the throttle and the tail came out then back on the floor again to get the tail tucked back in. After exiting the corner, I looked at the speedo and the needle was pointing at the "p". Then got off the throttle and looked in my rear view and didn't see the Bimmer. Then I was thinking oh sh!t, did he make it? I hit the brakes and slowed to 70 and saw him come around the corner a few seconds later.

Anyway, I've driven at the race track in my 914 and have lost it going 100 mph and this is the first time in my life that I thought oh sh!t, I'm going to die.

Anyway, I guess I showed that bimmer ! I don't plan on doing that any time soon again (that's what I said 4 months ago when I raced an E36 M3 up to 130 mph with RE-92's). I was REALLY scared but thank God (or whatever diety is up there) for racing experience. I know if I lifted in the turn I would have ended up in the morgue.

Like it really matters, my wagon has a stock suspension with P7's and 215/45/17 Kumho MX tires. Thank God for those tires.
    2002 WRX Wagon
    2-1973 914-2.0's
    1974 914-2.0 LE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this might be my first time posting in this forum in a LONG time, but i'd like to take this moment to say that you are a complete irresponsible moron and should have your liscense taken away for going 140 mph on a public road with other cars on it.

who cares if you die, it's the family in the minivan that you kill that pay the price for your lack of sense.

smarten up, and post your crap somewhere else.

oh, and stock suspension at 140 on a tight S in a WAGON?
    i call BULLSH*T

dR

Ya, that is pretty freakin' nuts. I would be scared hitting those speeds on a straight away. You must have giant balls.
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

No, it's called major stupidity!! I got hung up in the moment like an idiot!

It wasn't a sharp turn (at least not at 80 mph). The issue was that it got tighter at the end and the surface changed. I spoke to a friend about it who commutes that way every day and he didn't even think there was a turn there.

Anyway, screw going that fast again on public roads. Dark_Rex is right. The risk is insane and that was really stupid of me!
    2002 WRX Wagon
    2-1973 914-2.0's
    1974 914-2.0 LE

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    I hate to have to be the one to say this but . . . any family driving a minivan deserves what is coming to them.

LoL zoop

Hey Dark, I dont think we need anyone in the club like zoophagy after that last comment, that was totally uncalled for, can you say BANNED

oh by the way, as far as your story goes, i highly doubt it, anyone that thinks like that couldnt handle their car at 140, irresponsible a**holes.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is being locked. This just isn't right in any sense of the word. No more needs to be said.
    2010 SSM STI