WRX vs LT-1 powered Porsche 944 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs LT-1 powered Porsche 944 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The 944 is the front engine POS one right? If so I guess I'm not surprised. And sorry for doubting ...

The 944 is the front engine POS one right?

If so I guess I'm not surprised.
    And sorry for doubting you ancient one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I think the 914 and the 944 were the least spectacular porsches that were made. Only front engine porsches are the 944 and 928. But then there's the Cayenne, but im talking old. the 944 came in 4 and 6 cyl and i beleive it was a v6 (correct me if i'm wrong). And the 928 came only with a v8 and was supposed to be their most luxurious model yet still fast, had the highest price tag too. I don't think the 928 was much to brag about until the GTS version came out. the last model (95 or 96 i think) had a 340hp engine, plus it looked cool hehe. I bought mine about 2 years ago off of ebay, disaster, long story though. Anyway I'm restoring it right now, so many little things But one day It will be drive able Its a 79 euro, not too impressive, but not too lousy either 0-60 is somewher around 7 seconds im not sure about 1/4.

Originally posted by Chunks
    Yeah I think the 914 and the 944 were the least spectacular porsches that were made. Only front engine porsches are the 944 and 928. But then there's the Cayenne, but im talking old. the 944 came in 4 and 6 cyl and i beleive it was a v6 (correct me if i'm wrong). And the 928 came only with a v8 and was supposed to be their most luxurious model yet still fast, had the highest price tag too. I don't think the 928 was much to brag about until the GTS version came out. the last model (95 or 96 i think) had a 340hp engine, plus it looked cool hehe. I bought mine about 2 years ago off of ebay, disaster, long story though. Anyway I'm restoring it right now, so many little things But one day It will be drive able Its a 79 euro, not too impressive, but not too lousy either 0-60 is somewher around 7 seconds im not sure about 1/4.
    The least spectacular Porsche (since say 1970) was probably the 912. IIRC, it was a 911 body with VW van engine. The 914 wasn't very fast, but it was a fun car.

The other front engined Porsche was the 924.

The 944 never had any type of 6 cylinder.
    2002 WRX WRB

944s were all 4 cyl engines, either NA or Turboed. Some of the Turbo ones, when modified can be wicked fast. I am pretty sure they can hold TONS of power with stock internals and stock block.

The 914 was a great car for what it was. The 916 was the car that they should have made, that was the 914 with a widebody kit and a flat-6, less than 10 were made and they sell for about 250K these days.

As far as the worst Porsche post 1970, that would be the 924. Far worse than any 912 (which ended production in 1947 IIRC).

By they way, great kill!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by Rich10
    Don't forget that Porsche has a V8 in their Cayenne, even though it is admittedly a different type of vehicle.

One of the stranger hybrids was someone who was putting American V8's into Volvo wagons. I don't remember who it was though.
    I thought the V8 was co-developed with VW?

Yeah I've heard of 5.0 swaps into Volvos before, and you are right, that is strange
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    As far as the worst Porsche post 1970, that would be the 924. Far worse than any 912 (which ended production in 1947 IIRC).
    I checked and the 912's ran from 1966-1969 (although there was a 912E in 1976). I assume that you meant to type 1967, not 1947.
    2002 WRX WRB

Actually, I was just not thinking at all. I meant to type 1974, even though I knew the ended in 1969 (my uncle has one with a 911 engine in it). I was thinking of something else when I said 74.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12