stock WRX vs IS300
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on stock WRX vs IS300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; haha, I love making these cars my victims =) So here I am just chilling on the highway, when I ...

stock WRX vs IS300

haha, I love making these cars my victims =)

So here I am just chilling on the highway, when I see the xenons and the yellow fogs weavin in and out of traffic. So he comes rite behind me and tailgates me..so Im watching him the whole time frm my rearview. I downshift from 4th to 3rd and rock it to 80, whoa- the turbo kickin in is such a sweet feel..I saw him trying to keep up..but he had no chance..hahah..I love my WRX
    =)
    WHooOOSH

~ 555 ~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweet
    It's not a damn beanbag!

man, i was completely stock and automatic when i raced one from a roll on the highway and wailed on it.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

You guys can take IS300s??? I raced my cousins auto on the highway and i got killed. But I only have 870 miles on it so i didnt go past 4500

Well MisterFast (haha nice name) our car doesnt really move till after 4k rpm!

Anyway, I see people everyday driving their IS300 around like its a race car. Whats up with that?
    04 SVT Lightning

Ike
    The tail lights add at least 30 HP to the factory HP numbers. Beware!

Is 300's acceleration is 7.1 sec for 0 to 60
    while the wrx (auto) is 6 something I believe. The is 300 would have a bit better top end though as AWD slow us down up top.

* Acceleration (0-60 mph): 7.1 sec.
    * Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 114 ft.
    * Roadholding Index: 0.85
    * Base Number of Cylinders: 6
    * Base Engine Size: 3 liters
    * Base Engine Type: Inline
    * Horsepower: 215 hp @ 5800 rpm
    * Torque: 218 ft-lbs. @ 3800 rpm

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...?id1=149&id2=0

But owning a current supra I would rather have for the snow. And FWD is just plain horrible in corners and tight turns.
    Last edited by smolten; 06-27-2003 at 07:21 AM.

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Well MisterFast (haha nice name) our car doesnt really move till after 4k rpm!

Anyway, I see people everyday driving their IS300 around like its a race car. Whats up with that?
    They pay for the little "L" on the front, so think it must be better than the loopy "T" and have to get their money out of it by...driving it into the ground? Maybe by killing everyone around them. Who knows...it's the I'm-rich-get-out-of-my-way-little-*******-because-I'm-rich-and-drive-fast-beep-beep...out of my way! attitude. I'm surprised when I see one on the highway doing less than 90 mph and the driver isn't on at least one cell phone.

RN

I Support ClubWRX
    They're nice cars, fo' sho' But a WRX will hose 'em.

Useless info tidbit: an AEM CAI on an IS300 nets something like 18 whp somewhere in the power band and mucho torque according to their dyno tests on stock vehicles. Not bad.

By the way, the IS is RWD.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by renichms
    it's the I'm-rich-get-out-of-my-way-little-*******-because-I'm-rich-and-drive-fast-beep-beep...out of my way! attitude. I'm surprised when I see one on the highway doing less than 90 mph and the driver isn't on at least one cell phone.
    How true! Ha!

Got to kill a Carrera4 and an M3 in this super expensive neighborhood two days ago - why is beating REALLY rich pricky people in my $24,000 japanese economy car so much fun?

but remember guys, those IS300's are serious racecars were're talking about here: in addition to the lights that give them 30 more hp, that OEM 3" exhaust tip is worth like 150 hp! Make no mistake gentleman, with lights and an exhaust tip like that, those baby's are only a huge wing, stickers, the little padding thingys on the shoulder belts, and a bit of neon away from...drumroll please...10 SEC. QUARTER MILES!!! I mean come on, all those mods have got to give it like 10,000 hp at least! We should all know about this by now though - F&F has been out for 2 years and I'm sure we've all done our homework and seen it.
    <----- Finally found an avatar I like!

Good Job! They are nice cars to drive/ride in though. Not to mention what they turn into with a turbo package slapped on them if you have the $$$ Sick, just sick

-Fess

I drive alot like that when I drive my IS300 around (not really mine, but I take it when I want it...my sisters cool) because it is an incredibly fun car to drive. Whereas the WRX is faster than it feels (atleast I thought so, didnt feel fast but the car we kept up with is pretty fast), the IS300 feels faster than it is which is great for the marketing demographic, a sporty pseudo-luxury car that is fun to drive for pseudo-yuppies that like to think they know how to drive and want to have something "elite". Ill tell you what, I havent driven much that compare with the handling of the Lexus, it is excellent.
    Last edited by WishIHadWRX; 06-28-2003 at 02:18 PM.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

i broke in my car and raced it again and i couldnt really beat it by much. Its still quick up top.

BMW 325/330i outhandle an IS300 any day of the week. Lexus handling was better than my Mustang, but not that much better. BMW was on rails.

Originally posted by Ike
    The tail lights add at least 30 HP to the factory HP numbers. Beware!
    Dude, you CAN'T make fun of Altezza's on a damn Altezza. They invented the idea, and everyone bite it off them. Those tailights were cool when the Altezza was the only car that had them.
    I created my avatar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast