stock WRX vs IS300 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on stock WRX vs IS300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1sicklex, let's not be serious here. Back down big guy, it was mostly a joke. Ike...

Ike
    1sicklex, let's not be serious here. Back down big guy, it was mostly a joke.

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 08-01-2003 at 04:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Eli
    I was a Lexus salesman and sold and drove many IS-300's. Therew is a BMW dealership in the same complex as us and I have driven several 3 series, not an M and I actually took my 02 WRX in trade from a customer on an IS-300 (at the time it had 9k and was 9 months old and I stole it for 19,000 (fair wholesale)

My 2 cents... The IS is much easier to drive fast than a 3 series. it inspires much more confidence at 85% of its ability then the 3 series does. All the track numbers point to the 3 series being the better car handling wise. But that is with PROFFESIONAL drivers on closed courses. Now I like to think I am the next reincarnation of Alton Senna, but the fact of the matter is I dont know what it is like to run a car on the ragged edge. My fear of wrecking always holds me back. The IS is good for what it is. A good handling, excellent breaking, mediocre powered sports sedan that has unbelievable reliabilty! Try saying that about a 3 series.
    All cars have there strong points. Personally I love my WRX. And wouldnt trade it for any of the afore mentioned. (excpet an m-3 which I cant afford)

Cars are always compromises. The IS is good for what it is. It is not a pocket rocket. It is fun, reliable and costs less then a similarly equipped 3. For people who dont worship the alimighty HP god, you know... heathens, it is a good car.

Just my take.

Eli

P.S. Im going out back to sacrifice a Chevy 350 to the HP god now.

admit it people, you wouldn't kick an IS300 out of your bed, er, garage if you had the chance...

rear wheel drive, spirited handling, excellent interior design and so-so acceleration. three out of four ain't that bad.

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
    Cool, I see now. I guess I have been lucky, I have raced and met only cool WRX owners. Most seem to be gearheads.
    Welcome to our club. In my collective experience, WRX owners are pretty cool to be around, the IS crowd is not half bad either.

I am at the cross roads with my car, I'm debating to either continue modding my WRX or sell it off to start a new project with my IS300...decisions decisions....
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

save up for next year's Supra. I hear it's going to be a monster.

But it may come back without a turbo (a V-8) instead.

Yeah, see...from what I've seen of you on the boards, I'd say you're an exception. You like it not just for the "L" on it or its somewhat high price but because it's a sports sedan.
    Well, I took all the badges off the GS. I could care less. Hell, it could have Toyota on it, a good car is a good car.
    1sicklex, let's not be serious here. Back down big guy, it was mostly a joke.
    Ike slaps me like he does Tina Turner Yeah my bad, i got touchy on the internet (how lame of me).
    Welcome to our club. In my collective experience, WRX owners are pretty cool to be around, the IS crowd is not half bad either.
    Thank you. The WRX guys that repped at our meet 2 weeks ago were cool. Brought some sweet cars.

But it may come back without a turbo (a V-8) instead
    I am hearing V-10 as well. Seems a 100k Toyota/Lexus sports car is coming. It may not be the Supra though.

Since the 350Z and RX-8 have gone the non-turbo route, the next Supra will probably do the same.
    Allow myself to introduce myself

the Lexus is supposed to have the v-10 according to Road & Track. The picture they show is a bland looking concept car. Oh well, hopefully the supra will look a little better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.