stock WRX vs IS300 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on stock WRX vs IS300 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; are the IS300 tails actually "altezza" brand? i figured they were just made by lexus...

are the IS300 tails actually "altezza" brand? i figured they were just made by lexus
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the lexus is300 is a copy of the toyota altezza
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Originally posted by wrxgc
    are the IS300 tails actually "altezza" brand? i figured they were just made by lexus
    Yeah the is300 in Japan is the "Toyota Altezza."

Ike
    I can make fun of them, especially because that car is the whole reason those monstrosities exist.

I test drove an IS before buying the WRX and I really liked it. The handling was very sharp and the materials and craftsmanship of the interior was very good (better than my WRX but not as good as my A4). The escaine leather rocks! But, practicality (sp?) and $$$ was its downfall and I couldn't pass on my chance to get the Rex!
    '99.5 Silver Audi A4 1.8T Tip
    '03 Black WRX Wagon 5 spd

i test drove an IS before my wrx as well, and i was REALLY impressed with the car in general (not the price). it handled extremely well and as stated before, the car did seem faster than it really was... i could never hate on a IS, i think its a sexy car, BUT i cant wait to pull on one!!!
    ...02 wrx
    RIP 99ek
    RIP 99EM1

Keep something in mind people...

It was the IS300 (called the Altezza in Japan) that started the whole Altezza tail lights phenomenon...

Enough said.

Edit: Oh... you guys already mentioned this... I should have read the whole thread.
    Last edited by Jeffsw_02WRX; 07-21-2003 at 02:45 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    AIM: jeffsw1981
    email: jeff_s_w@yahoo.com

2002 WRBlue WRX (Stock)
    Factory installed options:
    Short Throw Shifter
    Premium Sound System
    Turbo Boost Gauge

They pay for the little "L" on the front, so think it must be better than the loopy "T" and have to get their money out of it by...driving it into the ground? Maybe by killing everyone around them. Who knows...it's the I'm-rich-get-out-of-my-way-little-*******-because-I'm-rich-and-drive-fast-beep-beep...out of my way! attitude. I'm surprised when I see one on the highway doing less than 90 mph and the driver isn't on at least one cell phone.
    I am disapointed with some of the attitudes here. The IS 300 was the first Japanese car to tackle the 3 series and meet/beat and lose in some aspects. It is more than just a car with a L tacked on. It is a SERIOUS sports sedan.

And for the record, there are quite a few guys rolling around in 400-600+ hp Turbo IS 300s. Remember, they use the same I-6 as the Supra. I know 2 guys here with em, they are beasts.
    can make fun of them, especially because that car is the whole reason those monstrosities exist.
    That is stupid. So it is somebodies fault when thereare knock-offs? So we can blame HRE and LOWENHART for knock-off wheels? Let's be serious here.

The IS 300 drives more like a E36 than a E46. A lot of BMW purists think the E46 is too heavy and the steering too light. The IS is pretty hardcore for a sports sedan.

Acceleration though, is not it's strong point stock

SICK
    Allow myself to introduce myself

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
    I am disapointed with some of the attitudes here. The IS 300 was the first Japanese car to tackle the 3 series and meet/beat and lose in some aspects. It is more than just a car with a L tacked on. It is a SERIOUS sports sedan.

And for the record, there are quite a few guys rolling around in 400-600+ hp Turbo IS 300s. Remember, they use the same I-6 as the Supra. I know 2 guys here with em, they are beasts.

That is stupid. So it is somebodies fault when thereare knock-offs? So we can blame HRE and LOWENHART for knock-off wheels? Let's be serious here.

The IS 300 drives more like a E36 than a E46. A lot of BMW purists think the E46 is too heavy and the steering too light. The IS is pretty hardcore for a sports sedan.

Acceleration though, is not it's strong point stock

SICK
    I was only stating my observations. The vast majority of the owners are exactly as I stated. However, as with any car, there are exceptions. I've been nearly run off the road too many times by them or seen them nearly hit people too many times to say those guys are the exception. In fact, when out and about and I see a well-driven Lexus, I comment on it because it's an oddity. So do my friends, my parents, my brother, etc.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I drove my brothers IS300 and it was nice. He had an auto with e-shift. The e-shift was neato. That car was very good IMO.

Quick question Newbie MT driver(soon to be).
    When driving MT u guys are in like 3rd or 4th going up to 80mph. Isn't that a bad idea. Or is that how u get the power from the turbo. Explain to me please.
    Thanks guyz/girlz

Originally posted by amccrazgrl
    I drove my brothers IS300 and it was nice. He had an auto with e-shift. The e-shift was neato. That car was very good IMO.

Quick question Newbie MT driver(soon to be).
    When driving MT u guys are in like 3rd or 4th going up to 80mph. Isn't that a bad idea. Or is that how u get the power from the turbo. Explain to me please.
    Thanks guyz/girlz
    Draw it out like that if you're pushing it hard but if you're just going to cruise at 80 mph, you should be in 5th on a WRX and 6th on STi.

To keep car very responsive, keep high RPM.

And remember, when life is passing you by, downshift.

RN

was only stating my observations. The vast majority of the owners are exactly as I stated. However, as with any car, there are exceptions. I've been nearly run off the road too many times by them or seen them nearly hit people too many times to say those guys are the exception. In fact, when out and about and I see a well-driven Lexus, I comment on it because it's an oddity. So do my friends, my parents, my brother, etc.
    Cool, I see now. I guess I have been lucky, I have raced and met only cool WRX owners. Most seem to be gearheads.
    Allow myself to introduce myself

The IS300 is the perfect "chick car"
    It is beautiful and sporty but is not very masculine IMHO.

is 300
    wrx
    srt-4

those are my current choice for my next car

With is 300 as my pick as the most fun being rwd and have semi functional back seats but slower than the others

WRX jack of all trades cep the rear seat doesn't fold down so I can't toss my mtn bike back there. Unless I take the wheel apart (quick release)

srt-4 2004 w/ lsd standard first choice so far
    fast, wing looks like my old supra, roomy back seeats that fold down and affordable. I need to pop on a muffler though as the exhaust noise would get my car egged from all the old people in my neighborhood
    Last edited by smolten; 08-01-2003 at 12:20 PM.

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
    Cool, I see now. I guess I have been lucky, I have raced and met only cool WRX owners. Most seem to be gearheads.
    Yeah, see...from what I've seen of you on the boards, I'd say you're an exception. You like it not just for the "L" on it or its somewhat high price but because it's a sports sedan.

As far as WRX owners being gearheads...I try to be but don't know as much as a lot.

RN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast