Run in with a Z28 on the interstate
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Run in with a Z28 on the interstate within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Older Z, the kind that has the shaker scoop and eagle on the hood. It had the exhaust that ends ...

Run in with a Z28 on the interstate

Older Z, the kind that has the shaker scoop and eagle on the hood. It had the exhaust that ends before the rear axle, duals, really dang loud. I cruised up beside him in 4th gear at around 70 mph or so. Had my friend get his attention. He looked over, smiled and gave the thumbs up, and proceeded to hammer it. I dropped into 3rd and stayed with him. Then...4th gear *sigh*. Was over then, slowed down and he(the other driver) had a look of surprise on his face. Followed him off the interstate and chatted for a sec. He didn't have a clue as to what a WRX's potential was, and said he really thought he was gonna stomp the crud out of a import. I tried to get him to go from a stop(I warned him that I was packin AWD), but he declined. Oh well.

Anybody know what kind of engine those things have in em? It sure would hustle on the interstate.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Probably a 305 or 350ci, in stock form they werent that potent, not like the newer Zs of today, some of the Irocs were pretty quick, you said it had an eagle on the hood, are you sure it wasnt an older Trans Am.

Well, it was that body style, it had a Z28 logo on the rocker panels and some kinda graphic on the hood. I was kinda busy watching the road, and when we stopped I was lookin at the dude driving, I'm pretty sure it was a Z28.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.