My first vette kill

This is a discussion on My first vette kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That's right i smoked a vette, well not smoked but got some respect. I pulled up to a light next ...

Talking My first vette kill

That's right i smoked a vette, well not smoked but got some respect. I pulled up to a light next to him(we were both making a left turn) My buddy in the back seat asked what it ran, he told us he didn't know but it was fast. He said it was a 60 and had a big ass motor ( I forget the size). He asked if my wrx was fast, I told him it wasn't too bad. My brother was like "well this is only a 4 cyl." Vette guy laughed and said "when you get old like me you'll buy something nicer." I thought to my self WTF. I then said "hey its not that bad, it'll run in the 12's" He was like "really". light turned green. I shifted in to 2nd early not thinking he would hit but kept a little ahead of him. Then he hit it, so did I. I was in the laggy part of the powerband but still stayed ahead of him and then started pulling when the turbo spooled up. I shifted to third, let off and started braking sense we were closeing in on traffic. When he got back beside me I yelled to him "not to bad huh" he kinda nodded and waved. I think I may have hurt his feeling a bit lol. Oh well.

Oh I also Killed a v6 eclipse from a 2nd gear roll up hill. lol again 1st would have been much better.

And I tried to race a civic with cruse control from 60 mph. it didn't work lol. I had to drop to third and blow by him. I think if I was in 4th instead of 5th I may have hung with him better with cruse. lol but it was fun. And we got flashed a couple time ( I love oc in the summer lol)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Multiple kills in a weekend, not bad

Nice job on the vette, got to show the old people what us "young whiper snappers" can do

ocean city, MD?
    i was down there a couple weeks ago....i beat a couple ppl, mostly other civics,neons,cavs,etc. did try against a mustang gt...haha...that didnt work to well. some guy in a jetta did like a roll by asking me to race...he didnt even let me answer...
    but its always fun cruising along the beach.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Yeah it's oc Maryland. I try not to do too much racing because there are way to many cops in that town.

nice
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

That's awesome I wish I could've seen that dude's face
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by racinready300ex
    Yeah it's oc Maryland. I try not to do too much racing because there are way to many cops in that town.
    i know...i just did little sprints to 50-60...by that time either im going to win or get smoked. but i saw maybe 10 ppl get pulled over....saw 4 in same spot in one night. still was fun to cruise.

did the water every get warm? it was cold as **** when i was there.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Nice- bet he regrets telling you your car isn't nice.

I went in the water a week ago, and holy **** that was cold. This is the first week we have had warm weather really. It's beach weather but I'm sure the water is still cold and probably will be pretty cold till late july if the weather doesn't start getting better. I also saw another subie get owned by a roush mustang. lol. I told the guy in the roush i thought I could hold him off till third, but we never raced. I wasn't looking forward to losing anyway.

Re: My first vette kill

He said it was a 60 and had a big ass motor ( I forget the size
    What is a 60 ?? You don't mean a Z06 do you? If so, then you would have to run low 12's to beat one and probably high 11's to "smoke" one. Or the old guy just does not know how to drive.
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused

maybe he meant 60 as in a 1960 vette...... that had a big motor...

Yeah it was a 1960, sorry about that. I don't think there all that fast, but it was one nice looking car.

Re: My first vette kill

And I tried to race a civic with cruse control from 60 mph. it didn't work lol. I had to drop to third and blow by him. I think if I was in 4th instead of 5th I may have hung with him better with cruse. lol but it was fun. And we got flashed a couple time ( I love oc in the summer lol)
    That is some funny ****!!! I will have to try that when im stage 4