Part 2: HELP! Best friend buying SRT-4 !

This is a discussion on Part 2: HELP! Best friend buying SRT-4 ! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow, that thread blew up so fast, I could'nt even post what happened! Anyway, my friend ended up not buying ...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Exclamation Part 2: HELP! Best friend buying SRT-4 !

Wow, that thread blew up so fast, I could'nt even post what happened! Anyway, my friend ended up not buying the SRT-4. After considering all the pros ans cons of both vehicles, he decided to pick up his brand new 2004 WRB sedan. After some serious thought (and reading all the response that the original thread generated) I realized that the SRT isn't a bad car at all. In fact, it has earned the highest level of respect that i can ever bestow upon a competator's car along w/ the likes of all EVO VIII's, and all other factory turbo performance cars. And like all of the vehicles that we love to "kill", it will provide yet another obsticle to overcome every time we are either at the street or the strip. After all, isn't it cars like the SRT-4 that keep us tuning and improving our own AWD machines?... Stage 3, here I come!
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats to your friend!

I'm sure he'll be happy with his new ride!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Awwww... what fun is that.. should have gotten the SRT-4.. that much more competition. I hear rumors I'm being called out by one here locally.. but he wants a run to the border and back... that is going to be one hell of a race because most of it is on the curviest mountain passes I've ever had the honor to drive.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I really hope both of you are excellent drivers with lots of road course experience. Hate to see either of you plow off the side of a mountain.

A buddy of mine who has an SRT and road races passed two evo's at the Waterford event last week. He finished 8th overall. He passed the evo's on the straights.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

STiWish-

If you race him, please let us know how it turns out, as I'm dying to know if the WRX will make up for its lack of upper gear power in turns & handling etc. Sounds like a great time and a great roads too. Best of luck to you.

-GO WRX!

Minimum road course experience actually... only have 2 races under my belt... but I know the pass's very well as I've driven them many times at speed.. scary stuff sometimes though... If i run into the guy, I'll let you guys know whats up.. and I'll bring the camcorder and mount.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP