OWN3D By a Impala SS In The Hills! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on OWN3D By a Impala SS In The Hills! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks! Those look awesome on your car....

Thanks! Those look awesome on your car.
    Stock or something close to it.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey guys,

The Impala SS/Caprice platform can be made to handle very well as you have all pointed out. Handling is neutral and believe it or not I can drift my car very easily around interstate off ramps, controlling the 4400 lbs. with minor steering input and judicious application of the gas.

Power from the LT1 engine is a lot in stock form, though not outstanding, at 260 HP/330 TQ, good for high 14's or low 15's totally stock, but bolt-ons will get guys into the high 13's. Guys running 12's are commonplace, fewer run in the 11's and there are a handful that are in the 10's, the fastest of which is 10.02@138.

And to top it off, these cars are very well-mannered and nice daily drivers to boot.

I've always admired the WRX for it's looks and performance. And the sound....how do you get such a cool sound from 4 cylinders? Some sound just plain MEAN! Really unique for such engine displacement.

I'm thinking the AUTO-Xer with the Impala SS & WRX is Ed Runnion, a well-known and respected member of the SS community.

Most of you guys here would probably hand me my a$$ in a race, but it's all in fun. Each car has it's strong points and should be respected in it's own regard. I appreciate the kind comments about the SS in this thread.

Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12