Cocky S2000 driver - Crushed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cocky S2000 driver - Crushed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, I know... Not a fair race. The 2000 runs, what, high 14's? So it's like kicking a retarded kid ...

jt2

Cocky S2000 driver - Crushed

Yeah, I know... Not a fair race. The 2000 runs, what, high 14's? So it's like kicking a retarded kid in the sack just to watch his expression change funny, but wrong. [1] But this driver really needed an attitude adjustment. Thats my story, and Im sticking to it.

TIWMIOB [2] I pull up to a light, and Im in the right-hand lane of a double left-arrow turn. An S2000 is in the left. I look over and am treated to a dismissive sneer as he jams the car in first gear, revs and creeps up slightly. Ok, have it your way pal.

We get the green arrow, and he takes off moderately hard. Im in the right lane (the outside of the turn), and decide to pace him. About mid-corner, I hear him get on it hard [3]. Were coming up on a light, so both start to slow. Im a little annoyed at his display at the last light and decide to set the hook in this fish. Laughing, I shout, you dont have a chance.

Theres a heavily loaded pickup truck in the left lane at the next light, but I figure hes going for the left turn lane coming up that is a freeway onramp. I leapfrog the truck, which goes straight and Honda boy drops in behind me, glaring. Perfect.

It is a >90 degree turn, so I decide to leave fairly easily, and hammer it when it goes straight. Although there is only one turn lane, the ramp starts off as two lanes, and merges to one before getting to the freeway. The two-lane section is maybe 100 yards long.

Before I can even get through the intersection, Honda boy is on my tail, going to the right lane, flogging the poor little beast for all its worth, smirking. He thinks hes going to show me up by passing me on the short two-lane section!

Har.

Just as I cross into the ramp, hes about even with my passenger door, and I nail it. A quick run through the gears, and as I hit third, I look back and hes 4-5 car lengths back.

I merge onto the freeway and get into the #3 lane and loiter waiting for him to catch up. Hes still flogging it, but backs off hard when he approaches me. As he slowly creeps by on my left, I look over. He wont meet my glance staring rigidly ahead, stone-faced. I apply some throttle and pull away to see if he wants to play some more. Hes still comatose.

A sore loser, true, but perhaps hes learned a lesson today dont dis stock-looking econo-boxes.

--
    JT
    03 WRX, Vishnu Stage 2.
    Bone stock looking except for way-too-big exhaust tip.

[1] Yes, I know I'm going to hell, why do you ask?
    [2] There I was, minding my own business. The online forum equivalent of "Dear Penthouse, I never thought I'd be writing one of these letters, but..."
    [3] Couldve just been the VTEC kicking in, maybe he was hard on it the whole time. Dunno.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those're the best people to blast. I like nice drivers...who'll accept and give at least a friendly thumbs up whether "racing" or not...none around here.

RN

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I was conversing with this guy at a bar last night, and he was telling me that he's had his S2k for about 2 years now with no mods. I told him about my run with the the S2k club on my way to that very bar, and that got him thinking. He left that bar knowing everyhthing from his compression ratio to which spoon parts he wants to order first. I love getting others in on our addiction
    Last edited by WRXin'; 06-27-2003 at 09:01 AM.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

S2K's run low 14s (rare few have hit high 13s) and you're right, they have no chance in hell of staying with a Vishnu Stage 2 prepped WRX.

Good runs, way to put that guy in his place. You'd think that people wouldn't underestimate tuner cars even if they look stock, but then the world wouldn't be fun I guess because you couldn't stomp dumbasses into oblivion
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Yo

I sure there are fast cars out there ... turbo CRX, turbo Interga, etc. As long as it's fast you can do all the bling, bling you'd want. So kids who had mommy and daddy buy them a 30K+ car don't really seem to appreciate it. I'm talking the general stereotype but it's funny to watch them get owned by a "cheaper" car. I knew I should have asked for the girls # when we beat the S2000 w/ 3x 200lbs+ guys in my car and the driver was embarassed w/ hsi gf in "his" S2000. I think it's great how more manufacturer's are coming out w/ faster more affordable cars.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Vishnu Stage 2 is good for what, mid to high 12 second passes?

I saw they did a shootout in SCC with an STI and WRX tuners and the Vishnu Stage 2 car whooped some ass...very, very impressive.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

jt2

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal

I think it's great how more manufacturer's are coming out w/ faster more affordable cars.
    Yep, it's a good time to be a gearhead. There are a bunch of cars out there right now that are nothing to sneeze at. The only downside is that I'm limited by parking space to one or two at a time. Otherwisee, it'd be kid-in-the-candy-store time. Well, that and economics.

I think the S2000 is a great car in its own right. It's just too bad that people have to be such pinheads.

I used to drive some pretty expensive hardware, mostly BMWs, and found that it goes both ways. I'd occasionally have people gun for me in my M3 to "show me that I wasted my money". Actually had someone in a Z28 tell me that.

jt2
    Originally posted by smokey
    Vishnu Stage 2 is good for what, mid to high 12 second passes?

I saw they did a shootout in SCC with an STI and WRX tuners and the Vishnu Stage 2 car whooped some ass...very, very impressive.
    That's what I've read. I've not had it to the strip, but am trying to make the time. Maybe this week.

I missed the SCC article, but that sounds about right, but I wouldn't turn down an STi right now, if you could get one at a reasonable price.

Good kill!

I think it's great how more manufacturer's are coming out w/ faster more affordable cars.

Amen!
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

For what its worth, I wasn't a car enthusaist until I owned my S2000. The handling, 9,000 redline, convertible, etc, made it, for me, the funnest car to drive, period. But a drag car it is not, and any S2000 owner, save the VERY good drivers and/or the FI S2000's, who thinks it is is in for a very rude awakening.

I've seen high 13's from a stock S2K. However getting good #'s out of a S2k means beating the hell out of it (basically a redline launch). There's not too many owners willing or able to do this, so you won't see many S2k's running under high-mid 14's. I guess the same could be said for a WRX, although if you do it right you're really not beating the car up, just the clutch.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

Nice runs! It's always fun to put cocky drivers in their place, no matter what they're driving.

I noticed you're from the Bay Area. My car is in the shop right now getting an Exedy clutch/Toda flywheel installed. I'd love to meet up and do a few friendly runs (from a roll ) when I get the blower installed and EMS tuned. Hopefully it'll be in the car by the end of next week. Let me know!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.