Sorry had to ask SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sorry had to ask SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so this websites info seems kinda sketch... http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...?ID1=227&ID2=3 How does the 0-140 mph time of the SRT-4 end up ...

Sorry had to ask SRT-4

Ok so this websites info seems kinda sketch...

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...?ID1=227&ID2=3

How does the 0-140 mph time of the SRT-4 end up almost being half as much as the WRX? Couldn't find this info anywhere else. Any insight from ya'll would be nice.
    Just looking for some help b/c I'm thinking of getting a WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the short answer is torque.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

And maybe gearing. The WRX has 2 overdrives (4th and 5th). The WRX get to max speed in 3rd gear pretty quickly (high 80s at redline). When you hit 4th the bottom sorta drops out. 5th- even worse.

WRX 2002 USDM gear ratios:

4th- 0.972

5th- 0.738-- Now thats an overdrive. Thanks SOA for attending to gas mileage concerns in a performance car

Man that's a little disheartening.... but the WRX has the drag coefficient of a brick, so I'm not very surprised. Plus you have to factor in the parasitic drivetrain loss and the fact that we power 4 wheels instead of 2. This all makes a big difference on the highway.

Our gearing doesn't help either..... I wish I had STi type RA gears.... those are some tight gears.... oh well maybe someday.

-Matt

Here's an answer for you. 66 seconds to 140mph is complete BS. How can the car hit 99mph in <14.2s and take another 52 seconds to get to 140mph. That is preposterous.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Here's an answer for you. 66 seconds to 140mph is complete BS. How can the car hit 99mph in <14.2s and take another 52 seconds to get to 140mph. That is preposterous.

-Jim
    But wait.. this could work FOR you...

Nooo Officer, that's impossible, you see I left that last stop sign 45 seconds before you started chasing me.... according to internet sources, it takes my car at least 66 seconds to get to the 140mph you claim I was going... So I think I could not have been going that fast. In fact, I would doubt if I was going even HALF that

It's times like this that I wish I had breasts, nice legs and a short skirt

ALSO.. Note the disclaimer - Although Chrysler has published the SRT-4's engine output as 215 hp, these numbers reflect Car-Video.com's belief that the SRT-4 engine's true output is approximately 260 hp. Check back often for updates. The actual production model may have the more reasonable 215 hp. If so, these numbers will be altered to reflect it.

But even so.. who cares? So it's a little faster in a straight line, so what? The WRX is kinda like a swiss army knife of compact sports cars. It may not be the best tool for any one job, but it can do everything well enough to get he job done, especially the WAGON.

And when was the last time you raced someone to 140 anyway?

How come it says theoretical top speed? Did that site actually time those cars to that speed or is that just thier guess? If they timed the WRX to 140 then why didn't they see where it topped out at?

Have they just been playing with one of those drag racing prediction programs?
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Since when does the SRT-4 beat us to 60 mph? Hey cool, we trap at 93 mph in the 1/4!
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by ebbtide
    the short answer is torque.
    Torque is only part of it, gearing is the most important part of the equation.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Apparently, I was dead on right. I just found this on the same site:

In this section you will find performance statistics for lots of models of automobiles. The performance numbers were calculated using the famous Cartest simulation software plus several other tools. I've tried as best as I can to be as fair and accurate about the information and performance numbers. I will be adding new models frequently, so check back often. If you'd like to request that certain models be added, email me.
    I downladed a demo of a drag racing simulator. It tried to tell me that an '85 mustang GT would run in the high 13's . You might as well push matchboxes around on the kitchen floor. Just as scientific.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Wonder if they got those track times by playing on thier playstation.

I like how the SRT-4 beats the STI to 140 as well...and then takes nearly 4 seconds less to 150.

Well, I wouldn't doubt a lot of these numbers on the SRT-4. According to what I've heard from the SRT-4 forums, they are the fastest cars EVAR!!!

Originally posted by FavreIsGod
    Well, I wouldn't doubt a lot of these numbers on the SRT-4. According to what I've heard from the SRT-4 forums, they are the fastest cars EVAR!!!
    Bro, that was a forum inside joke, so there is no need to start a flame war.

As for the topic, doesn't a magazine out there like C&D or MT test cars for this type of timed acceleration? I really have no faith in a computer simulator because it uses "perfect" conditions vs. the real world. The cars definitely have their distinct differences that would factor into the outcome.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

sorry dude, just jokin around.

Originally posted by FavreIsGod
    sorry dude, just jokin around.
    COOL! I couldn't tell from your post!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.