WRX vs. 3 Mustangs vs. 1 Camaro

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 3 Mustangs vs. 1 Camaro within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well Last night a few friends and I met up at Mcdonalds that's located on a "cruising" road.. I didn't ...

WRX vs. 3 Mustangs vs. 1 Camaro

Well Last night a few friends and I met up at Mcdonalds that's located on a "cruising" road.. I didn't expect to race anyone but when we went outside there was a bang load of v8's all sitting out in the parking lot. There was a 99-00 gt with flowmasters talking crap like his car was "the fastest off the line" so I was like whatever and asked him to race, he just said yeah sure and started smirking like he had something for me.. Right.. As I followed the v8 guys, I raced a lt1 camaro from a roll, beat him by a couple of cars.. Was cool.

Anyways, I follow the v8 guys who think I'm just a rice burner (didn't even know what a wrx was) and race that GT. I immediately smoked him and took him on by what looked like 4 car lengths, I was in 3rd gear by now still pulling him hard and decided to let off the gas so he could catch up, he caught up a car behind me and i still continued to spank him , after I beat him he decided he wanted to go again, this time his passenger said "on the count of 3, 123go!" before I knew what was up he got atleast a car and half head jump, not even launching I catch up to him in 3rd and have my friend wave to him ...

So I get back to the spot and everyone's just like did you beat that rice burner, and he just replied "no". Then there's a red fox body that's like man let's go, so we line them up and I pulled on him hard too, like the other guy the second time we went he decided to get a head jump, as soon as I started pulling on him hard he slammed on his breaks (must've been 80mph), anyways, I beat him and come back and everyone is just like wtf..

So the last 5.0 comes up to me and is like, you wanna race mine? So we line them up (mind that this 5.0 is considered to be one of the faster ones around my area) and I get a bad launch and he pulls me by half a car, we stay like this til the end of the race.. So we race again and I get a great launch and I pull on him by about a car and it stays like that. That's how the night ended, continual spankage.. Afterwards they tried to get me to race a 12.0 SS but I was tired and so was the subie so I packed up and went home .. The next day my friend talks to the guy in the last 5.0 and he says "I sorta knew what it was, everyone else thought it was just rice until it started wuppin ass".

Sorry for the long story, just had to share

Btw mods are:

Hks downpipe
    Hks hiper exhaust
    JoeP MBC set at 16 psi
    Hacked silencer

17" Rota Tarmacs on Kumho 712's
    Eibach Pro Kit
    Greddy Full auto timer
    Autometer Boost gauge

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kills

I love it when people don't know the rex's true potential... I just can't wait till I get my car out of the shop!
    mods in profile

WRX
    did they all have mullets?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    Are you bald?

BTW: Nice kills! It's especially entertaining when the "underdog" pulls out the victory.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Thumbs up

I love it! The headline would read: "Ricer Spanks American Iron"!! Not that you're a "ricer" except to them. Gotta make that clear.

Just think of what you'd do with an uppipe and management...
    2002 WRB 5-spd: K&N drop-in, silencer hack, Samco IC hoses, Godspeed uppipe, Bosal downpipe w/stock 3rd cat, Tanabe RM catback, TB Racing crank pulley, Tanabe GF-210 springs, Koni Sport strut inserts, Group N tranny & motor mounts, Whiteline rack bushings, Kartboy rear-sway endlinks & shifter, Goodridge ss brakelines, Akebono ProACT front pads

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Are you bald?
    LMAO!!
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused

Originally posted by WRX
    LMAO!

My02 ,just curious ,whats your car run at the track?
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    $1,700 in mods (head&cam)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

if you have a downpipe and MBC those things are the biggest power gains huh? I was even with an LT1 and GT the other night and I am completely stock except that night I removed my axleback. So the MBC really whoops ass, that's good to hear and what comes first the Uppipe or Downpipe?