Seattle summer nights
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Seattle summer nights within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; T he sun had been out all day long, temps were high, probably topping out at around 100 which is ...

Seattle summer nights

The sun had been out all day long, temps were high, probably topping out at around 100 which is pretty rare for up here in Seattle. Needless to say the roads were completely dried up from the monsoon we had just been having earlier this week. Summer had arrived; no doubt about that and with summer comes warm nights. Those types of nights where you can wear shorts and T-shirts and its just right.

Not only do these nice nights bring a change of clothing with them, they also bring out the racers. Not the type that lives their lives a 1/4 mile at a time, but the ones that know the people in the scene and are all friends, they do it for fun, not for respect or money. Having just detailed my EVO that day, my friend and I wanted to head into downtown Seattle and check out the action that night.

Traffic was usually light for a Friday night at 11pm. Usually I-5 is bumper to bumper through downtown, filled with rave bound, club hopping, drug popping kids all pilled in what ever automobile they could find or steal that night. Being that we were carpooling we were able to take the expressways and head under the freeway and through the tunnel! A very clever design, the exit actually pops out in the middle of a building. To make sure no one was sleeping, I exited the tunnel with a nice purge from my HKS SSQ BOV and some gurgle/pops from my 3Ē turbo back Magnaflow exhaust.

Though we donít know who, someone a while ago predetermined the meeting spot to be a Bank of America, deep in the heart of the International District a.k.a. Chinatown. Arriving at about 11:30, though early in these types of scenes, that parking lot was already packed. Just about everyone and every type of car was out that night. Civics, Supercharged ITRs, SR20DET powered Sentra, 240s and even some 180s, BPU Supras. Not to mention some of the cars rolling in at the same time as us, a couple of well known WRXs and even a SRT-4, rumor to be the fastest car ever. Find a spot next to a couple of other EVOs, I made the rounds and checked out the competition. My arch rival wasnít there, I was disappointed. Just the ďleaderĒ was about to announce our first track of the night, I heard it; everyone heard it, a backfire. Being downtown in between the buildings, the sound was echoing and bouncing off all the buildings, followed up by a deep rumble of an exhaust, it just a constant rumble coming from all around us. It wasnít long before the car came into sight, my rival.

Heís known in these parts as J-Lee, what that means or what his name is we donít know, but it sounds cool enough. He drives one of the nicest WRXs Iíve ever seen. 18Ē RGRs wrapped in some Advans straight from Japan, not even DOT legal. Hidden under the grougeous rims are some massive Prodrive brakes, 6 pots most likely. Moving around the body you can help but catch your eye on the Kaminari front lip and JDM Sti headlights. Then you reach the inside, when you see it you know this guy is a baller, BRIDE seats, CUSCO rollcage, and other things that I donít even know what they do! Soon after he arrived we headed out to our first track, West Marginal Way, a very public road, but also straight as an arrow and 4 lanes wide, perfect for some illegal midnight street racing.

Hondas and Nissans battled it out for a while, followed by a rare appearance of a bright red Viper which then called out the Supra for a couple of blistering passes down our faux 1/4 mile. But I didnít come to watch, I came to race, so I lined up and called him out, J-Lee the man himself. Weíve raced several times, but he always seems to beat me, though Iíve been pretty much stock for some of the races, the other night I installed a surprise just for him, Nitrous, a couple of big bottles even. He took his time coming out onto the line. On his way out he did something you donít see too often, a four wheel burnout. Now with the smell of burnt rubber in the air and its after affect floating around we were ready to race. The flagger lined us up, nose and nose, both our carís HIDs lit up the smoke around us. The flagger singled us to get ready, and with the drop of his hands we were off.

Both cars being AWD the start was almost dead even, though I had pulled away due to a better launch. Though my lead wasnít lasting long, he was gaining on me fast, reeling me in like a fisher reels in a big bass. Soon we were neck and neck and I was losing ground. BOVs and loud exhausts filled the ears of the on-lookers who were cheering us on, the roads were clear as far as the eye could see, time for my little surprise. I flipped the switch and soon I was off. Having just installed it the other day, and just filling up my bottles before coming to the races, I hadnít even tested it out. Thankfully it worked! My neck was firmly pushed back into my headrest. Redline was coming and going so fast I could barely shift in time, but much to my liking, J-Lee was falling back behind, way behind. By the end I had beat him by nearly 2 car lengths. I was a good race I think, though some people donít like squeezing, its needed some times.

Unfortunately J-Lee didnít like it and did a ricer fly-by on my, though I dare call him a ricer. He even had the balls to give me a thumbs down as he drove by, soon I hope to return and beat him without squeezing, but until then Iím the king of the streets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

AWD burnout? j-lee must have a WRX with massive balls to be able to do that and you beat him with a mostly stock WRX with some nitrous? i dont think your arch rival can drive. entertaining story though.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Read the 2nd paragraph, he doesn't have a wrx, he has an evo. Good story and kill by thw way

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Man I talked to J-Lee a couple nights ago...told me he was indecisive on his next few mods...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

uh...................evo w/ nitrous...?

king of the streets cuz you're squeezing?

2 fast, 2 furious yo!

Originally posted by FavreIsGod
    Read the 2nd paragraph, he doesn't have a wrx, he has an evo. Good story and kill by thw way
    i stand corrected... thanks.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Originally posted by OhForRex

2 fast, 2 furious yo!

My thoughts exactely.....go squeeze somewhere else.....thats not a win....but some people think it is.
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Originally posted by Verdugo
    Man I talked to J-Lee a couple nights ago...told me he was indecisive on his next few mods...
    LOL
    Last edited by Ethan; 06-20-2003 at 02:15 PM.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Ethan
    LOL
    LOL yeah I swear that guy's pretty badass but he always has to get someone else's opinion on what to do next with his car...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by OhForRex

2 fast, 2 furious yo!
    Exactly what i was thinking yo! lol
    2003 Aspen White WRX

I know the secret of J-Lee. Be all buddy buddy with him and offer to get him a soda. Buy a diet soda, pour it out and fill it with regular soda. He will know who is the man after that!

Then smack him on his forhead with your wang when he is on his knees barfing.

p@

Oh ya, daddy let you take the evo out agin?

[inside the Pointer house] But dAAAaaaAAAd, Tommy will be there in his STI and he said that his dad could beat your dad so I have to be 2 fast 2 furious. [/inside the Pointer house]

p@

Great story telling man.. I enjoy stories like that... inspiration for 3 Fast, 3 Furious: Pretty boi in Seattle.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Pretty boi in Seattle.
    Funny you write that, because that was one aspect about J-Lee that I fogot to mention...But I think I'll use that title in my next piece of artistic whateva

Originally posted by Akiata
    Oh ya, daddy let you take the evo out agin?

[inside the Pointer house] But dAAAaaaAAAd, Tommy will be there in his STI and he said that his dad could beat your dad so I have to be 2 fast 2 furious. [/inside the Pointer house]

p@

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.