WRX-0 Saturn SC2-1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX-0 Saturn SC2-1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There I was rolling towards the traffic light when all of the sudden this saturn comes flying up from behind ...

WRX-0 Saturn SC2-1

There I was rolling towards the traffic light when all of the sudden this saturn comes flying up from behind me and owns me. The saturn's tires scream but before I could react it was too late... it was all over.

Screech... Crunch... Bang! My water goes flying from the cupholder into my lap from the impact and EVERYTHING gets wet. My back gets violently pressed up against the back of the seat and the car bucks forward. My car gets LAUNCHED, instinctively I think both feet in both feet in! I violently swerve to avoid the car in front.

My poor WRX what did she do! I was pissed but I get out of the car to make sure everybody is alright. I see she was a young driver ended up crying buckets for a half hour. So mad so mad can't me mad... s*it happens... s*it happens... why, what, who, what now! I have to go to work... im going to be late! Call the cops... thats it call the cops.

Is anybody hurt... i dunno... where are you... here... hello sir... I gain my composure yeah everybody is alright... im in the intersection between lawrence and 25a.

People come running out is everybody ok... yeah im fine... shes a bit upset...

I step back a bit to thourhougly inpect the damage... rear bumper gone... its pretty thuroughly F'ed up... trunk still works... good... underside... dunno gotta get the frame checked out... can't worry about it now gotta get a quote have a pro deal with it.

Her car.. Thuroughly F'ed up my WRX ate the saturn embelem off her hood. Her Lic plate holder is eaten by my bumper. Headlights gone... hood scrunched up... front bumper... gone.

Flipflops! F'in flipflops! why would you drive 2800 lbs of machinery with FLIPFLOPS! You cant drive with unsecured foam pads under your feet! WTF! ERRGH! Calm calm... I did stupid things when I was 17 too...

Waiting Waiting...

45 minutes later cop comes... WTF 45 minutes! 45 minutes! What the heck! Im late for work DAMMIT!

Info is exchanged... car is still streetable... good... good... who's this, what is this... is this a family event her whole family is there... like a mob... they dont want to go through insurance. What now? I say I can do whatever I can. Ill get a quote tomorrow... Like a gang... we dont want to go through insurance... we dont want to go through insurance... we dont want to go through insurance...

ALRIGHT! Ill Call you tomorrow...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX-0 Saturn SC2-1

Originally posted by Butterfingers

Info is exchanged... car is still streetable... good... good... who's this, what is this... is this a family event her whole family is there... like a mob... they dont want to go through insurance. What now? I say I can do whatever I can. Ill get a quote tomorrow... Like a gang... we dont want to go through insurance... we dont want to go through insurance... we dont want to go through insurance...

ALRIGHT! Ill Call you tomorrow...
    Dude... that really sucks

If I can make one suggestion though, its to call your insurance agent. I can't tell you how many people I know who have been screwed through not calling insurance first thing.

Also, if you have the option to take the car as a total loss, do so. Your car will never, ever be the same after they fix it.

I'm glad to see that you're alright though... you have my sympathy.

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

First of all, your an idiot if you DON'T go through their insurance!

Second of all, you are hurt dumbf'r....

Call an attny, get yourself and your car fixed and stop being a *****!

**** the stupid biotch, she hit you, she f'd your car up, she hurt your body(trust me, you are hurt) and now you might loose your job!

Get a reality check and go after her and her insurance...if you dont, you will be f'd up for the rest of your life!

You may think that I am being a ****, but trust me, you need to do this and get this taken care of, before they fleece you.....they wont pay for your car, you will get it fixed half rate and never be happy with it.....

you got the golden egg right now, dont break it!
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Originally posted by skullguy
    First of all, your an idiot if you DON'T go through their insurance!

Second of all, you are hurt dumbf'r....

Call an attny, get yourself and your car fixed and stop being a *****!

**** the stupid biotch, she hit you, she f'd your car up, she hurt your body(trust me, you are hurt) and now you might loose your job!

Get a reality check and go after her and her insurance...if you dont, you will be f'd up for the rest of your life!

You may think that I am being a ****, but trust me, you need to do this and get this taken care of, before they fleece you.....they wont pay for your car, you will get it fixed half rate and never be happy with it.....

you got the golden egg right now, dont break it!
    skullguy, YOU are exactly what is wrong with the United States. Your sense of entitlement and falsifying information is both despicable and illegal. Insurance fraud is a federal crime.

"trust me, you are hurt"? Where did he say that he was hurt??? "you might lose your job"??? Where did he say that??? If you're implying that he should lie to get insurance money, then again, that's both illegal and morally bankrupt.

People like you sicken me.

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

True I told her I would think about it and call her tomorrow before my 24 hours are up... probably gonna go through insurance. Police report is already in all I have to do is make the call.

Yeah, dont do them any favors. Definitely go through insurance or you will get screwed. Dookiebob, you may disagree with what skullguy says but thats the way it works. We have been screwed over royally before, when its my turn, my back will hurt so bad that I need physical therapy for months if not more!!
    04 SVT Lightning

Go through her insurance company.

But if you don't, get a quote and then make sure that the check that these people cut for you is extremely generous.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Good thing Z-1 didnt have any prodrives in stock or it would have been on my car. I think the stock muffler is F-ed up too... the prodrive is "psudo safe" on a UPS truck right now...

Definitely don't do them any favors call their insurance asap and file a claim you are the victim. If they don't total your car out make sure you get a deminished value settlement and don't let them act like they don't know what your talking about. I wouldn't have thought 24 mins about it on my first break at work I would have been on the phone filing a claim through her insurance I wouldn't even talk to your own they don't have anything to do with it unless she isn't fully covered. Good luck, how fast was she going got any pics.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

I was goin about 20 mph coasting in neutral preparing to stop. she musta been doing double that. Most of her car got sucked under my car. It dosent LOOK too bad considering the severity of the impact. But I need a pro to check the underside for damage. Rear bumper is gone for sure... Muffer looks a little crooked and has some of her paint on it. Ill take pics tomorrow.

I definately agree on the whole dont do her any favors. Just because her family doesnt want their insurance rates to go up doesnt mean you should let them off. Let the girl pay for her mistakes like everyone else has and learn the hard way to pay attention when you drive. My brother was hit my a guy in a civic who said the same thing about insurance but my brother wen through the insurance anyway and you know what it was probably the best decision of his life so far. His car had more than 9k in damage. She made a misake now she must pay the consequences.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Dookiebob, you may disagree with what skullguy says but thats the way it works. We have been screwed over royally before, when its my turn, my back will hurt so bad that I need physical therapy for months if not more!!
    So an eye for an eye then? Two wrongs make a right?

I think not.

Yeah, dont do them any favors. Definitely go through insurance or you will get screwed.
    I most definitely agree with this part though. Use the insurance company for sure. Just don't abuse them...

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

You are definitely right. Two wrongs dont make a right but we live in a state of arbitrary existence. You better believe if you do not own up to your slice, someone else will take it. But hey, to each his own.
    04 SVT Lightning

Just to add on to what everyone else is saying, go through her insurance, and if possible go to the doctor to make sure everything is ok with you. Plus, by doing this you might get some cash from insurance for pain doctor bills etc. Hey it might be a bit overboard, but better safe than sorry, plus if you can get some cash out it why not, its a capitalist society, not russia. Best of luck man.

It may not be nice, but I am a nice guy and I still tend to lean towards skullguy's analysis: facts are, that's just the way it is.

But I'm gonna give you one more reason to use insurance:

Because I'm pleading with you to take an idiot driver off the road!

The facts are, not every 17 year old girl they give a license to can drive. I don't want this dumb b*tch hitting me or anyone else and causing any more damage or potentially REALLY hurting/killing someone. You have a responsibility to make driving as expensive as possible for her to try and curb her driving timeframe and/or "style".

Sorry, but these are the kids that piss me off more than anything: I can tell you right now that SC isn't her car, it's her parents'. Am I wrong? I went to highschool with these kind of kids, the ones that crash their (and other people's) cars (almost always given to them by their parents) two or three times before they're 21. I love and take pride in my car that I've work hard for, and it scares me to death that some 17yo girl with her head up her @ss could just instantaneously destroy my baby and hurt or kill me in the process. Do whatever you can to keep these people off the road till they grow up - this means claim insurance. YOU were hit, YOU are the victim, she NEEDS to get screwed for her own good and every other motorist on the road. Driving needs to be as expensive as possible for her for awhile.

This is just so shocking to me how we treat driving and especially accidents in this country. I'm a firearms enthusiast: do you think if a gun of mine "accidentally" went off and popped your tire I would ever be allowed to carry one again? I'll let you in on this much: cars are a hell of a lot more dangerous than guns. So why in the hell do we give an irresponsible person a license to kill? Had she shot you in the arm, even if on accident (some people would argue that there are no accidents, just cases of someone *****ing up) she'd be going to jail for a while and never be allowed to own a firearm again. If she hits you with her car and breaks you arm and both legs though, she'll get a ticket and drive away from the court house. Just amazing how perception affects reality, namely the reality of how dangerous cars are and our perception that driving above all things is a right

Enough ranting: glad you're OK, so sorry about the car. Make sure you are compensated IN FULL for any and all damages she caused, and make sure you do through insurance to ensure that you get what's fair AND do your part to curb a bad driver.
    <----- Finally found an avatar I like!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast