WRX-0 Saturn SC2-1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX-0 Saturn SC2-1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would definitely see a doctor. I know when I got into an accident, I was fine the day of ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I would definitely see a doctor. I know when I got into an accident, I was fine the day of and the next day, but 2 days later I was hurting to high hell. I know that sounds weird, but I'm not the only person to notice this. I'm not saying fake an injury, because that's just not cool.
    Two wrongs dont make a right but we live in a state of arbitrary existence. You better believe if you do not own up to your slice, someone else will take it. But hey, to each his own.
    Why don't you go out and earn your slice instead of being a lying sac-o-s?! Things like this are the reason this country has become a citizen sponsored ballet where everyone has to tip-toe their way through life. Filing false insurance claims not only hurt the person they're falsely claimed against, but everyone else in the system as well.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

AHHH MUST RESIST MUST RESIST!

Her voices just keep popping back into my head her mom is friggin guilt tripping me...

Apparently shes a teacher at the elementary school that my sister and I went to decades ago AND her husband died in 9-11. AND she lives in my town... AHHHH!!! To top it all off she works with retarted kids (special ed)...

Ill never be able to sleep right... yet I must do what i must do... Why must she put me in this position!!!!

MUST NOT BE A SUCKER MUST DO INSURANCE... but the guilt is too strong too powerful!
    Last edited by Butterfingers; 06-20-2003 at 12:25 AM.

Midknight:

Quick preaching. I used to have your mindset. Until I exited my safe little bubble and stepped out into the real world. What are you a super hero? Falsifying insurance claims is the least thing society as a whole has to worry about in regards to its detriment. When you become a victim of the system, then talk to me.

Butterfingers: Stay focused!

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    When you become a victim of the system, then talk to me.
    I know all about insurance fraud. Every future medical doctor knows all about it, especially orthopaedic surgeons and Ob/Gyns.

When you're forced out of practice because of frivolous insurance claims raising your insurance premium to more than what you make, then YOU come talk to ME.

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

Well first of all I never have to worry about that so I could really care less.

Second of all, this is not something I have done or even plan to do.. in fact the opposite has happened to me during recent events and I was butt fukced royally. Hell, this was not even the first time. It just so happens that I as well as my family have always played by the rules only to get screwed. And you begin to wonder why you continue to play by the rules when all these ****wads are draining you for yours. This is the way it is, it happened to me, you cant fight it so live with it.

BTW I watch Smallville haha

EDIT: spelling
    Last edited by Mr. Fancypants; 06-20-2003 at 01:43 PM.
    04 SVT Lightning

I Support ClubWRX
    Fancypants, I have been a victim of the system. I was a victim so much so that I got into the system to try to weed out all the ignorant people like you. What real world do you live in? The one that everyone complains about? The real world where people like dookiebob get screwed because people like you suck? The world in which everyone calls attorneys leaches for filing frivolous and fraudulent lawsuits and yet there is never a shortage of people like yourself ready to hop on board with them? What real world do you live in? What earth-shattering experience happened to you that you think the world now owes you something? Get over yourself.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Well good luck on your quest to "weed" out people like me. Ignorant huh? Thats just the thing.. I am too aware of whats going on. Hell, that is the catalyst that provoked this train of thought in the first place.

People like me put dookiebob out of business? Did you read my last post? Evidently not.

Anyway, im done with this particular discussion. Go write a book if it bothers you that much.

Butterfingers, let us know how it goes and what you decided to do.
    Last edited by Mr. Fancypants; 06-20-2003 at 01:44 PM.
    04 SVT Lightning

INSURANCE BRO!!!!!

I crackerd my car up christmas mornig.......initial estimate was 5,500 bucks.....
    One month later, when they finished up everything, total was 7,998......
    I don't know if the dealer jacked the price, or the curb jack up my car more than they thought....but don't back down, stand your ground.THIS is the MAIN purpose of the insurance companies, and for them to ask you to go around the process is not fair to you. do the right thing for yourself and the car.....I'm not trying to be rude, and understand that they "might" have there own reasons for not going through insurance, but those reasns are not valid. She BLASTED you as your were stopping at an intersection. She should be happy you didn't rear-end the guy infront of you or get killed in the intersection! It would probably be in your best interst to let your and her insurance co. know just how pressing they were for you to go around the insurance process. That heads up 'may' help you against the'mob' later on.(hey, you never know.......gotta cover your rear ya know )
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

If you don't go through insurance, then have her or whoever is paying to cover the FINAL cost of the repair, and NOT the estimate that the bodyshop gives....

Insurance IS a safer bet though... since if you have problems down the line with the repair work done, you can approach the company to discuss the issue, instead of hunting the lady nd her family down for more money....

If this was a minor fender-bender, then yes, it might be an idea to sidestep insurance, but if there is obvious structural damage, you might want to consider otherwise....

It is totally up to you, but I am not for the idea of going after her just to drain her financially with frivilous law suits and the like.... ( The idea of which is something I never quite understood... Why is it that in the US, many people feel the need to have someone else PAY for anything that goes wrong in their life? I live in Canada, and read and hear about the rate at which frivilous-sounding law suits fly in the US, and the rate at which many of these frivilous law suits are rewarded by the court system)

I was in a similar accident in my car a few weeks ago, although 2K of damage was the result. The person who hit me wanted to pay me 700 since the car did not look damaged, but something told me to go through insurance since I did not want to go through the mess of hunting him down if the damage was more than 700 dollars.... Thank God that I did, because 2K of structural damage was done, AND I should be recieving funds from the adjuster to cover my Catback exhaust, which I discovered was damaged also AFTER the initial repairs were done...

Again, it is up to you
    Last edited by jigga; 06-20-2003 at 07:00 AM.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by dookiebob
    skullguy, YOU are exactly what is wrong with the United States. Your sense of entitlement and falsifying information is both despicable and illegal. Insurance fraud is a federal crime.

"trust me, you are hurt"? Where did he say that he was hurt??? "you might lose your job"??? Where did he say that??? If you're implying that he should lie to get insurance money, then again, that's both illegal and morally bankrupt.

People like you sicken me.

-Bob
    Wow!!!

I think someone needs a timeout.....

how about you go get rear ended and then tell me you wont go after the insurance and go see a doctor...if you dont ...your as big as fool as you sound like.

And before you start telling me the law, get your facts straight!

I never told him to falsify any information, I have been there, I have been hurt later from the accident....or what, you never saw that happen too, so it doesnt happen in your world....

forget it, you are to high and mighty for all of is here

talking to people like you is like talking to nothing...oh wait you are nothing to me.....so I guess it is the same!
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Butterfingers,

Having been thru many accidents in my life, report the accident to your insurance company ASAP. Don't worry about the stupid teenage misfit that hit you. Report it. You may want to hire a lawyer as well. This will help to speed things along.

-Jim

The only thing I have to add is, even if it does not "look" that bad, it might be and most likely IS!!! What I did not think looked that bad on my car turned out to be $6200 dollars!!! Go through insurance and play by the rules.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Re: Re: WRX-0 Saturn SC2-1

PLEASE go through insurance!

I was rear ended by a ****ing Chevy pickup and shoved into a Hyundai Accent in front of me(which had hit a minivan, which is why I floored my brakes and got rear ended and shoved forward...stupid big ass idiot pickups) and trust me when I say there's just no way to do big messes without insurance.

My car was a total loss, although right now I've filed through my own collision and they're going to go after the pickup's liability...

It's just easier that way, without me having to go argue with his insurance company about how the front end damage is still their responsibility. But either way, PLEASE GO TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY! If you don't, you can get screwed BAD.

As far as injuries go, if anything hurts, go see a doctor. But if nothing hurts, it'd really just be fraudulent to claim you're hurt. When I got hit my knee got injured so I went to see a doctor, it's not a big deal! It's good to get it down on record that you were injured in case a year from now you find out that what was a minor injury turns out to have become much more serious.

The doctor told me to go get physical therapy for 4 weeks...*sigh*

P.S. you're lucky you could avoid the car in front of you, or your car would be a total loss most likely from the description of the impact...get it checked out, my rear end had serious internal damage, and after tallying everything the insurance co. just total lossed it. I would have swerved out except this was in rush hour new york city traffic, and that would have gotten me killed. *sigh*
    Last edited by Tekdemon; 06-21-2003 at 02:52 PM.

Butterfingers... CALL YOUR INSURANCE. They will deal with her and her insurance. Not your problem.

And I would go see a doc, or a chiropracter and make sure everything is normal. Sounds like you're probably OK, but if it was a hard whack, get checked out. But as dookiebob said.. don't abuse the system. Leave that to the leaches.

Keep in mind that insurance rates only go up when the insurance company pays out. If you contact your insurance she will still have the option of covering your damage on her own, which will not affect her rates. Always call insurance for any damage more than a scratch.
    -Rob
    02 WRX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast