Beat a Bimmer
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Beat a Bimmer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today I raced a BMW 330 ci. I must say those are quick cars compared to my stock rex. Fortuneately ...

Beat a Bimmer

Today I raced a BMW 330 ci. I must say those are quick cars compared to my stock rex. Fortuneately we got a red light to race from a stop, but I did not destroy him. I was paying to much attention asking the other guy if he wanted to try me when the light turned green and only dropped the clutch at 2500 rpm. I had him all the way to 80 and then he creeped up on me and eventually passed me at 95. We came to a stop and he was a kid my age(21) and told me my car was quite fast and asked the 1/4 mile time. Not everyday do we see a cool kid driving a new bimmer not all cocky and stuck up. Anyone else have an experience racing a bimmer? By the way that was my second kill with only 350 miles on my rex(first was a rustang 5.0)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

break in

you said 2nd kill with 350 miles on the car. that means you've probably hit and/or exceeded redline a few times. i just wondered if there was any break in period on these motors. i've read a lot about breaking in the motor, for hte first 1000 miles, not taking it over 5,000 rpm and 100 mph. a bmw manual specifically tells you not to run above 4500 rpm for the first 1200 miles. nice kill on the bimmer and 5.0 by the way, i don't mean to shadow your posting, it just threw up a red flag to me. let me know what you think because i currently have about the same miles as you.

sg

Nice job but...

Good job on your kills but I think you should put off on anymore races until the 1000mile breakin. Seems to be a unanimous decision even from the manual that you should not rev your car over 4k. But it is your car and since you paid for it I guess you could do anything you want. As for me, breakin period was gone a week after i bought the car and now it's fun time.

Yeah, I know about the break in but what would you guys do in the same situation. I can't wait for the break in to be done because I am ordering the TurboXS unichip. Also, has anyone beat the older version of the M3? There are tons driving around down here in the Tampa area and I know it is only a matter of time before I meet up with one.

A friend of mine has a 97 M3. We raced at the track several times. When my WRX was stock I ran a 14.2 @ 97 MPH against his 14.4 @ 99 MPH. I also raced my sisters 330CI and she ran a 14.7 @ 98 MPH against my 14.3.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.