HELP! Best friend buying SRT-4 !!!!!!!! - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on HELP! Best friend buying SRT-4 !!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by stilesg57 Suspension - WRX is better for handling and comes from the factory with camber adjustment up ...

Originally posted by stilesg57

Suspension - WRX is better for handling and comes from the factory with camber adjustment up front, SRT4 is 0 camber front and rear.
    The wrx doesnt handle any better then the srt-4 as long as the srt-4 driver can control his right foot. The only advantage the wrx has in handleing is it can put the power down sooner then the neon can.
    Alex
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Man has this forum come around from the days of the SRT introduction... Bravo!

Bottom line: the SRT4 is better at making power, the WRX is better at controlling it.
    <-Very true. The driver makes all the difference between these two cars. The average joe with an SRT will drive like crap, because if you can't control your right foot, you'll just understeer. If you put an excellent driver into the SRT, you get what happened at OLA. We've got a number of SRT's running <13.5 in the quarter, and as soon as we get some aftermarket parts for the suspension and LSD (or as soon as the 04's hit), you'll see SRT's winning autoX's also.

Congrats to your friend, no matter which car he chooses. Next, go drive the SRT, and learn some respect for other cars.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

I think you need to stage an intervention.

Originally posted by mattyp
    you left yourself open on that one..viper.....need i say more?
    The viper has quite possiblly the worst disigned engine ever. They took their normal V8 and added two cylinders. The engine lopes like there is no tomarrow. The really didn't put any effort into engenearing the engine.

Have you seen the new VW Toureg? The turbo-deisel model puts out about 50 more lb. ft. of torque than the viper. (and it's only a 5L. Now that's enginearing.)
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Enough already. You haven't been in one. You cannot make a judgement. I am so sick of the anything but dry pavement we own statements. IF you are driving aggressively on anything BUT dry pavement than your IQ is a few points lower than your age. Bottom line its still a neon? Do you drive a mercedes? No? How about a Benley? Still no? What do you drive? Oh yeah. An impreza. A BEEFED up Impreza, just like the SRT4 is a beefed up Neon. Wake up. Open your mind.

jar_e_d sti, I have yet to see you post anything that resembles intelligence. I am sorry if I am being harsh. But all you ever do is state that anyone who doesn't agree with you is dumb. Well guess what. Chrysler still here. They have always been here. They will always be here. Many, MANY self-respecting people buy Dodge's, many self-respecting people buy Neon's. It is an economy car designed for people with a low finances to drive on a minimal budget. You know what? Aside from the first gen head gasket problem, they have been pretty good cars. You have not had any experience with the SRT4. I am guessing you have had no experience with Dodge either, but who knows. Maybe you just got burned by them one time. Sorry for the rant. It just is STILL amazing that a car that is so close to the WRX in its purpose here in the states can still garner such harsh treatment from this community. I like the WRX. But if I had to go and buy a new relatively low cost car, I would definitely be swayed towards the SRT4. Now bring on the flames and lets see if you can come up with something better than "yeah, well your stupid" or something like some of your other childish posts I have read.
    The thing that I don't like about these American cars it that the companies make them to be appliances. That's it. They believe that the buyer will use it for less than 5 years and then get a new appliance. This is one of the reasons why the resale value on almost all American cares is so horrible. My friends dad bought a 1980 Ferrari 308 GTB about 5 years ago for $40,000. Today it is worth over $45,000. (now that's resale value)

As it has been posted: The SRT 4 forums have like over 30 pages in their "problems w/ the car" section and they also have a lot less members. I thnk that in its self shows that they are not made to last.
    --Jared

coughcough this thread has a bunch of ricer excuses coughcough

Sorry, but am I over at ClubRSX or ClubSi? For a moment I thought I was...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

lets's all get over ourselves, shall we..?

Ive posted on similar threads before, and feel inclined to do so again; if a person likes/wants a certain car, there is no other reason needed to buy it. Lots of people were amazed i traded my 99 SS Camaro on a subaru...go figure. I needed the room, the awd, and it was fun to drive. Is the subaru as fast? Not even close. On ANY road with smooth pavement, the SS would destroy it. I hear LOTS of guys trash talk about the launch and handling; As for launch; a well driven WRX will 60' a 10th or 2 better than the Camaro (1.95). After that, the camaro would reel my wrx in like a 3 lb bass. Same goes for corner speed- the advantage of the WRX was not enough to overcome the power deficit. I bought the WRX because it met my needs and I LIKED it. No other validation from anybody else was needed.
    On to the subject at hand; we can all put our heads in the sand, but data at this point would seem to indicate that the SRT is...ok...sit down for this one, kids...FAST (GASP!!) than our beloved WRX. Is it BETTER? Probably not, but that could be kinda subjective. I find it amusing that so many people seem to take offense to any suggestion that something else may be in any way superior to the WRX (or any other make or model of CAR). Dont try to validate your OWN decision about buying a WRX by twisting someone ELSE'S arm into doing the same thing.
    OK...Im done for now
    -Ray

Originally posted by Butterfingers
    who cares...
    Right on brutha!

Originally posted by jar_e_d sti

As it has been posted: The SRT 4 forums have like over 30 pages in their "problems w/ the car" section and they also have a lot less members. I thnk that in its self shows that they are not made to last.
    You need to read the topics and post in that section. Most (i'd say 95%) are problems with CEL's related to overboost, or, or general questions about operation. The other 5% are made of 4% quick fix (leaky fog lights, complaints about notchy shifting, general assembly issues) and 1% actual complaints (a misrouted hose left one of our users complaining for a few weeks while his dealer fumbled around in his engine bay). Assembly issues happen to everyone, and no, subaru isn't any better. Actually, initial quality places subaru below dodge by a small amount. I'm sure a good number of you who bought the WRX new from the dealer had a complaint or two at first. As of yet, we have seen no major engineering issues aside from the 'notchy' shifter that some complain about.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

"notchy shifter" hmm sounds familiar......
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    "notchy shifter" hmm sounds familiar......
    Say it brother. Myself and others can't put the car in 1st unless almost at a complete stop. Sometimes you can't put the damn thing in reverse right away. Other times it even grinds when you put it in reverse.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by jar_e_d sti
    The viper has quite possiblly the worst disigned engine ever. They took their normal V8 and added two cylinders. The engine lopes like there is no tomarrow. The really didn't put any effort into engenearing the engine.

Have you seen the new VW Toureg? The turbo-deisel model puts out about 50 more lb. ft. of torque than the viper. (and it's only a 5L. Now that's enginearing.)
    Yeah. Those vipers sure are gay. Who in there right mind would want one. And you are comparing a typical american car to a ferrari in resale value? Guess what a mint 1967 Mustang GT500 goes for. More than that Ferrari. A lot more. Like I said before, you seem to have a personal issue with American cars. I am not the biggest fan of them (I prefer foreign cars overall, usually for style and engineering) but when a good one comes out, I will be one of the first in line to check it out. If someone came up to me right now and offered me either that ferrari you mentioned or a viper, it's viper all the way.

After 10k, my shifter is like butter, but when the car's cold, it's a pain to downshift to first or second at times. Double clutching fixes it when it happens.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Yeah. Those vipers sure are gay. Who in there right mind would want one. And you are comparing a typical american car to a ferrari in resale value? Guess what a mint 1967 Mustang GT500 goes for. More than that Ferrari. A lot more. Like I said before, you seem to have a personal issue with American cars. I am not the biggest fan of them (I prefer foreign cars overall, usually for style and engineering) but when a good one comes out, I will be one of the first in line to check it out. If someone came up to me right now and offered me either that ferrari you mentioned or a viper, it's viper all the way.
    OK... i didn't say that the viper was gay at all. All I said was that the engine was very poorly designed!

What kind of Ferrari are you talking about (w/ the GT500)?

(I was also talking about newer american cars w/ their poor resale values.)

I would always choose Ferrari....sorry.
    --Jared

First, cant we just get along?
    Second, as much as I hate to say it, the WRX is not THE best car in the entire world, and neither is the STi (of course a SRT-4 stands absolutley no chance againts a STi). At anyrate, nobody on this board wants to hear it, espically me, and I know its a shocker but its true.

Heres the 411 from what I hear and know. From a stop the WRX will beat the SRT, but not by very much at all. From a roll, the SRT will hand a WRX its bum b/c we have a crappy 4th gear.

The SRT is a very powerful car, well built for under $20k (altough long term reliability is still up in the air) with plenty of power to max out (simple waste gate mod, boost controller and that thing will be off like there is no tomorrow). Only problem w/ the car is it does understeer and will loose to a WRX in corners.

Although I have never been in one, nor raced one (b/c none of them in Boston wants to play!!!!) they are a formidable foe and we should all be glad that we dont have to pick on the usual ricers to have a good race w/.

U want to beat a SRT-4, do some simple mods and its toast. I dont like the fact your friend bought one (I have serious issues w/ american cars after driving them all my life) but in the end the SRT-4 is a good car it is now up to you to prove his a$$ wrong and burn him

Now, lets all be friends and stop flamin each others cars....b/c we all know that the WRX is king (tee-hee )
    Last edited by Lt. Boom Stick; 06-20-2003 at 12:09 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.