WRX vs Sunfire GSX-RT

This is a discussion on WRX vs Sunfire GSX-RT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Kinda lame, but here goes: A few days ago I pull up at a traffic light behind this ridiculous pimped-out ...

Talking WRX vs Sunfire GSX-RT

Kinda lame, but here goes:

A few days ago I pull up at a traffic light behind this ridiculous pimped-out Sunfire: debadged, twin fart cans, HUGE rally spoiler. I'm like: Is this guy kidding? So then he sees me and starts revving it. He turns right when the light changes (without signaling, of course), so I step on it and turn right and pull around his pokey A$$fire as I'm turning into the adjacent lane. When it becomes clear to him that it is NO CONTEST, he lets off like: "What? I'm not racing!" Dude, get a real car.

Is there a serious Sunfire tuner community? If so, pretty sad.
    Last edited by JohnZim63; 06-19-2003 at 06:28 PM.
    2002 WRB 5-spd: K&N drop-in, silencer hack, Samco IC hoses, Godspeed uppipe, Bosal downpipe w/stock 3rd cat, Tanabe RM catback, TB Racing crank pulley, Tanabe GF-210 springs, Koni Sport strut inserts, Group N tranny & motor mounts, Whiteline rack bushings, Kartboy rear-sway endlinks & shifter, Goodridge ss brakelines, Akebono ProACT front pads

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think there is. I know some of the Chevy Cavalier guys like to put JDM parts and toyota stickers on their cars because Toyota sold the Cavalier in Japan but called it something else.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

Re: WRX vs Sunfire GSX-RT

Originally posted by JohnZim63

Is there a serious Sunfire tuner community? If so, pretty sad.
    Yep, j-body.org
    2002 Black WRX

You'll find that there are clubs for every car now.

Take the Crown Vic / Grand Marquis for example (I have a 93). http://crownvic.net serves the enthusiast community, and most are under age 50

You might chuckle till you run into one with mods, say a supercharged one that runs 12.70 @ 109 on plain tires.

There are plenty of people like me who will mod any car they own. It's addictive!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I owned a Sunfire Gt before I bought my WRX and there's a few things that can be done to them but nothing substantial unless you modify the internals and that's pretty pricey and it doesn't yield much hp to justify the money spent. The problems with the Sunfire Gt/Cavalier Z24 is that a lot of kids can afford them and turn them into rice buckets. My car was running 15.9's in the quarter with an intake and exhaust, pretty impressive, huh? hehe!
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)