My first loss to a Civic (not too badly though)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My first loss to a Civic (not too badly though) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WRX (uppipe & MBC) vs. 95 Civic Hatch w/ FMIC That was all I knew about his car at the ...

Angry My first loss to a Civic (not too badly though)

WRX (uppipe & MBC) vs. 95 Civic Hatch w/ FMIC

That was all I knew about his car at the time of the race...

0-60mph (downhill): I am ahead by 1+ car length
    60-100 (flat): Still ahead by 1/2 car length
    100-120 (flat): Neck and Neck (I was 2ft ahead)
    120-125 (flat): He passed me like I was standing still with a sudden burst of speed and shuts down 3-4 car lengths past me.

I know who this guy is cuz he owns a local shop and is a total lyer and a cheat. Anyway, I pull along side of him and he says:

"Don't feel bad, your car is STOCK. Mine isn't." I then asked him what was done to it and he said. "GSR motor with T3/T4 turbo". Didn't mention anything about having NOS or anything. The car's interior was gutted out and the exhaust was blowing blue smoke constantly.

T3/T4 is a Garret setup, right? But he had a "TurboNetics" sticker on the car. (don't know much about Aftermarket turbo's myself).

My opinion is that he didn't have the bad-ass turbo he said he did and he hit the giggle gas @ 120mph. If he were telling the truth, should I have gotten my ass spanked throughout the whole race?

What do guys you think?

-- Rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good race. Just that sudden bust of speed tends me to believe he was spraying at the end. He probably knew he wasn't going to beat you without nos.
    Boost controller, K&N
    1/4 14.09 @ 95.10
    Girlfriends rsx-s
    1/4 15.40 @ 92.21

NOS was my first thought reading your post. I'm not sure about the T3/T4 thing, but turbonetics could have had something to do with it, since that is a hybrid turbo, maybe they're the ones who reworked it.

If he wasn't pulling on you hard at the lower speeds, he couldn't have done that at 120+ unless he was using Nitrous. If his turbo was that big and gave him that power at 120...he would have pulled away long before.

The fact you say this guy is known as a cheat just backs up your hypothesis. I'd say he obviously has an OK turbo setup, and then has the NOS for those times when he NEEDS to win and can't, like you did to him. Did you notice if he purged it before he hit it or anything?

How much faster could he have gone, unless his gearing was different, those thing top out not much higher than that.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Nope, no NOS purge at all. I would have heard it cuz I wasn't even reving much at the line. The light turned green too quickly. Just heard the typical BOV whistle from his car. My launch wasn't that greatest either. I chirped the tires instead of thowing them into a squealing frenzy like my friend can.

(dug-e-fresh w/ 1.8sec 0-60' times).

Just hate to know that he'll talk smack and say he beat a WRX by thhhhhhhhhhhis much. He's such a loser!

-- Rich
    Last edited by BigRich; 03-06-2002 at 11:31 AM.

sounds like he squirted. no way he had a huge tourque increase in high rpm fifth gear. think about what that curve would look like, never mind the basic physics of it. no one wants to lose to 120 either, then win. so don't tell me he was playing with you.

i smell a guy that didn't want to use the nos to win, but had to.

i say nice kill to you. if you win up to 120 on a street, the race was long over.

dR

If a WRX (like mine or yours) can hit a 13.8 @ 100 mph then you are right DR, the race was over a long before 5th gear. I hope I surprised him.

I looked up on the internet and a T3/T4 is a turbonetic turbo. Don't think it was a Garret setup though. I would have had my ass handed to me.

I laugh back at how hard my adreniline (sp!) was pumping. I hated the guy and really wanted to show him up. Feel sorry for my poor Subaru for pushing her so hard. (I almost never shift past 5.5, even when racing on the street. And still beat 5.0 mustangs!)

-- Rich
    Last edited by BigRich; 03-06-2002 at 11:58 AM.

in my own opinion i think he squeezed and especially if you saw blue fumes out his exhaust its usuall cause of NOS

i have smoke coming out of my exhaust in my honda and i'm not running nos, but rather rich --until i get a new EMS.

with my honda, i have major traction problems in 1st and 2nd gear -- so i'm not surprised you got him on the launch

whether or not he was squeezing, some "honduhs" are fast.

take it like a man

ryan

Alot of Hondas are fast. No one is saying it's not. No car has a huge amount of power at 120 mph to blow buy someone with out a little help. i.e. NOS. Alot of cars can start to pull away, but they don't blow buy. I have raced a full blow RX7 and he pulled on me over 120 but it wasn't like he flew buy. The guy was juicing wich is fair as long as no one said they were stock. Good Job though.
    "Work All Day to Drive All Night"

02 WRB WRX Gone But Not Forgotten
    Injen CAI, Turboxs BOV and MBC, Whiteline Springs, 18" ADR rims, Clear Side Reflectors, Kartboy Short Shifter, KB bushings, KB shift knob, Reverse Indiglow Gauges, Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge and A/F, Push Start Ignition, Scooby Sport Down Pipe and Mid pipe, God Speed Uppipe, Turboxs custom unichip, Bosal Muffler

Since I used to have a 95 Civic hb with B18c swap with the T3/T4 hybrid setup, here's my two cents.

If his car was setup right, he should have taken you at 60 mph easily. A Civic hb with that setup is somewhere around 280-300hp and only weighs like 2200lbs. It's a good low 13 second car, possible high 12's.

Sounds to me like his setup was pretty sorry. Good job

NOS!

please people stop calling it NOS. i feel like im on the set of F&F!
    02 platinum silver WRX sedan (stolen)

Dude I need Naaawwwsss

-- Rich

there is no way that you could have hang with him if he had a GSR motor AND a T3 turbo. I think he probably just had a GSR transplant and that is it. Civic hatches are light (especially gutted) and can be fast with just the motor swap (2200 lbs)
    Our top end sucks, he probably didn't spray at all.

His motor was about to blow up anyway, he should have embarrassed me terribly.

I will take this loss like a man and apply for another Credit Card. eheh

-- Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast