Top speed in WRX thats been experienced - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Top speed in WRX thats been experienced within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've managed to hit 135 in mine on two occasion. The first time was traveling with a 2.5RS on 95S ...

RMD
    I've managed to hit 135 in mine on two occasion. The first time was traveling with a 2.5RS on 95S and the second was racing a 300ZX. I got a look at the Z's motor and apparently is was built...I don't see how though, he didn't gain on me at all, in fact I started to gain on him before we had to shut down (I-90 east). I think I passed the state police barrics at like 120...woops.

Oh, I'm bone stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've gotten up to about 135mph in a race once. I could have kept on going but it just isn't safe on a public road. My friend got his up to 155mph or so racing a ZO6 on the highway. But he also has lots of **** done to his car. VF22 etc, etc, etc...
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I smacked the end of the speedo coming back across NV after I first got my car... and then again this last week going 8W in San Diego racing an RX-7.. then later that day on 5S while racing an M3... damn I need to slow down sometimes.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

how ever fast i was going when my speedo was an inch or so away from the m

Wanna speed?

www.openroadracing.com

See you guys in Nevada next year. I am gonna do these races.
    Speed freak

5MT doesn't have a governor or a rev limiter.

4EAT does have a governor and a rev limiter. 4EATs are limited to 130mph. how do i know? because i've tried several times to go above 130mph, but the car just won't move faster anymore.

You can probably see me there as well... I will run them as well.. I've been dying to run them since they were invitation only.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I love all you guys, And Ive hit 135 too!

Just remember,........A little loose or outta shape and we get:

Shotgun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wreck2.jpg  

I know the 5MT are not governed, but are you sure about not being rev limited. I have (only on one occasion thank god) pinned the tach in first gear not paying attention, and the car started to shutter. And why would they sell the rev limiter fix's when (I would asssume) most people by WRX's with the 5MT?

Originally posted by bunot
    5MT doesn't have a governor or a rev limiter.
    5MT has a rev limiter at 7200 rpm. It is actually a fuel cutoff. How do I know? Because I've banged it into the rev limiter in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd being a dumbass and not looking at my tach while racing.

However, there is definitely no speed governor. I know

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

5 speeds are limited to 148. The limit is enforced via boost control and can be overcome by a MBC, reflash, or aftermarket ECU. Stock/near-stock cars run about 142 on a level road. The new STi is apparently limited to 147.

The manual WRX's do not have a speed limiter. They are drag limited. It just depends on how lucky you are in terms of your engine output from the factory. The magazines report top speed in the 140 mph to 149 mph range. Manufacturer tolerances.

Dangrass, check out the post I put up about going stupid fast.
    2002 WRX Wagon
    2-1973 914-2.0's
    1974 914-2.0 LE

They are initially drag limited, then they are speed limited beyond 148. A stock WRX will not go more than the low 140's on the level, but will go faster down a hill, but will not exceed 148 no matter what...unless means are taken to allow for greater than 7 psi boost above 148....which can be an MBC, reflash, or aftermarket ECU.

According to Delta Dash, I am limited to 156.2 mph due to power (6000 ft above sea level and VS1). However, if you had the power, the stock 5 spd would give you 182.6 straight up with the gearing.

This is with a CD of .37. I keep remembering my school days when I read in road and track that the Lamborgini Contach had a CD of .45!! lol Unfortunately, there are a lot better CDs out there than what we have. A buddy of mine told me that some of the DSMs are at .27 or so.

As for me, I have been to 135 after just shifting to 5th, but I let off pretty quick, not trusting in the stock tires. (Wyoming is pretty wide open lol) Although I have been in a chevy diesel dually with two horses behind doing 120

This is with a CD of .37.
    I believe the C/D is actually .33!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.