Top speed in WRX thats been experienced - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Top speed in WRX thats been experienced within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by renichms That's amazing. Is the 171 mph spoken of just a calculation? I assume it is... RN ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by renichms
    That's amazing. Is the 171 mph spoken of just a calculation? I assume it is...

RN
    I don't know, you'll have to ask him
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

150 (converted RPM to MPH) and I think it was downhill. This was on a special test track of course, not on the road, I would never do that.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

The brochure says top speed of 147 with govenor (does not mention manual or auto).
    Not all who wander are lost

Personally, I've had my WRX up to 130mph on the open road, 105 in the Wawona tunnel in Yosemite (uphill ). When I was in high school, my buddy and I were flying down the freeway in his '70 Dodge Super Bee (like this one, only dark green http://students.uwsp.edu/jderr664/su...0superbee4.jpg ).
    When I looked over at his speedometer, it was not quite pegged at 150.

Ive seen 150+ in mine, was still pulling some, im gonna say tops out at around 160, i never hit a limiter either.

For the record I believe you guys but I remember reading a magazine article said that it was drag limiteed to 140 and as we all know magazine articles are always right. Are you guys stock or modded?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

We have had this discussion here before. My stone stock '02 buries the 140 speedo easily. Stops pulling at 5750 in fifth on level ground. Somebody did the math, I forget.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Originally posted by chevyeater
    We have had this discussion here before. My stone stock '02 buries the 140 speedo easily. Stops pulling at 5750 in fifth on level ground. Somebody did the math, I forget.
    147.53MPH to be exact

http://www.subaruplanet.com/images/gearratiocalcwrx.xls
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    STOCK TURBO, STOCK IC, STOCK FUEL PUMP, STOCK ECU, and PROOF:

146.6mph:

Joe is a sick puppy.

The 5MT has no electronic speed limiter.

-Jim

With an uppipe leak I might add... I witnessed the actual screen that day... later that night Joe decided to toy with me on I-95 and promptly got pulled over...

Okay...other than I-95 and stretches of private road, where the heck do you all hit those speeds?

RN

Originally posted by renichms
    Okay...other than I-95 and stretches of private road, where the heck do you all hit those speeds?
    RN
    I'm not sure where Florence, AL is in relation to I55, but my brother and I easily topped his M3 out on the portion of I55 south of Memphis. That interstate is not well patrolled at all.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

I'm not even going to mention the ridiculous speeds that I hit in my 350Z. Owning that car was like owning a time limit on your driving privileges.

-Jim

Originally posted by aheineken
    I'm not sure where Florence, AL is in relation to I55, but my brother and I easily topped his M3 out on the portion of I55 south of Memphis. That interstate is not well patrolled at all.
    It's not too far. I knew of a few okay spots in SC, and know one good spot here but as time passes, I suspect it gets more heavily patrolled.

RN

I hit 152 verified on the GPS and Powermeter. I had AC going and wasn't floored. I was down on my way home from Lake Powell in the four corners reigon of Colorado. Long straight roads in the desert.
    Speed freak

Lol I remember going their with my family a (one of those family trips) That place is abandoned, i never remember even seeing cars for like 20 miles at a time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.