STi v. EVo v. R32...Blue Monday....VW Vortex

This is a discussion on STi v. EVo v. R32...Blue Monday....VW Vortex within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.vwvortex.com/features/ind...compare03.html...

tan

STi v. EVo v. R32...Blue Monday....VW Vortex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very cool. Great read and some good photo's.

J
    Electronic music??? www.the1050mix.com

Loved reading that and snagging more pics.

RN

Nice article. Never knew of the R32 before reading this. Great pics.

nice pix... all of them blue... beautiful!
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Did I miss something?

In the conclusion, they stated that on the track the R32 and the EVO would be the choice, yet in the comparision they stated that the STi and EVO were the one to have.

Qutoe "So as you probably guessed, the STi and Evo must have been real close. In fact, they were extremely close. Final lap times resulted in the STi taking the overall best time by 1/10th of a second (in the hands of one of a Vortex staffer no less). The Evo and STi came within less than 1/100th on the top 10 averaged times. Owing perhaps to the comfort level people felt in the Evo over the STi at the limts, the averaged times closed the gap between the two cars. The drivers that were willing to put their faith in the STi were rewarded with slightly faster lap times (although still only by a tenth of a second).

The R32 obviously couldn't hold up to the STi and Evo, especially with the stock tires as it was very easy to overdrive them after getting out of the other two cars. The R32's best time fell within 7 to 8/10ths of a second of the STi and Evo's best times (in the hands of one of The Tire Rack testers), however the R32's top 10 average was about a second off. "

Quote " If you want the fastest car in a straight line, the STi or Evo are your best choice. If you want the best handling car that is the easiest and funnest to drive, either the Evo or R32 will fit the bill. If you want something a little subtler with more creature comfort and a great sounding V6, the R32 may be your cup of tea. If you enjoy the rush of a turbo the STi and Evo will due quite nicely. All of this also depends on which car fits you better, which styling you like better, and a raft of other subjective things we can't decide for you. "

So what is it?

It seems like a great article, just a little bias towards the VW.

Or maybe my opinion is a little askewed

either way I will stomped any one of them....lol!!!!
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Keep in mind the Tirerack test track is like 1/3 mile. I drive kart tracks bigger than that. Bad place for a turbo. Whoever wrote that article was very careful to avoid emphasizing the (numerous) areas where the R32 is inferior to the Evo or STi. R32 vs. a standard WRX would be a better comparison. But if you like cars that are shaped like toasters, and you are willing to shell out for the yuppie achievement badge errr german nameplate, the R32 is the way to go.
    Last edited by FUNKED1; 06-19-2003 at 04:35 PM.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

tan
    the subdriven side of things

http://www.subdriven.com/features/st...ue_heaven.html
    (practically the same article)

And yes....I love my Yuppie achievement badge...I mean the German nameplate
    Last edited by tan; 06-19-2003 at 06:57 PM.

skullyguy I was thinking the same exact thing. They would say one thing but say something completely different in the conclusion. If they didnt, the R32 would win nothing but looks/luxury department.
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    R32 vs. a standard WRX would be a better comparison.
    True, but for the price!

I read a British mag that compared the WRX and R32 a couple of months ago. Can't recall which mag, maybe Top Gear? Anyway, the WRX beat the R32 in all performance tests, but the testers like the R32 a wee bit better for its handling characteristics.