WRX vs the General Public - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs the General Public within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have people ask me all the time. i took all the badging off the trunk including the WRX badge. ...

i have people ask me all the time. i took all the badging off the trunk including the WRX badge. i like when the ricers dont know what kind of car it is and try to race thinking its just the impreza. In my opinion IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS, YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW. (the big hood scoop gives it away tho i think)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one who encounters problems with people identifying their car.
    '04 WRB Wagon
    K&N Panel Filter, Snorkusectomy
    Still to Come: many many things (waiting for the post-graduation cashflow to start) EDIT: Still Waiting for the money to start coming in......

I Support ClubWRX
    Most of the people I race always end up asking me what I drive after they see taillights! As for females, I talked about my car soo much before I got it that everyone of my friends was prepared for what it could do. As far as my girlfriend, she spends her time in the car with me point out other scoobies and pointing out all the riced out cars I could whoop on... although she one day pointed at an Evo and said "look at those alcheeza lights! You should smoke him!" (she tries... it's cute!)

The turbo timer is probably the most amusing piece on my car. Everyone who rides in my car gets out and tells me that my car is running. I usually tell them it's not toss the keys at them. Talk about confused! I had my sister convinced that she was hearing things! LOL
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by OotabaJinga
    The worst is when females think the car is "cute"
    Thats why i bought black. No cute there. But once my girl told her friend my car is "cute and fast as hell." Thats ok i guess.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    My friend (who drives an '04) constantly rips on me saying that
    the 02-03's are modled after a dodge neon! Besides that , I usually get props from other drivers w/ clean cars, but all those damn ricers wanna do is race me! The standard nod or thumbs up from fellow WRX owners is cool though. I think those rex drivers who don't respond are either scared or just plain @$$H0LE$ !!!
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Originally posted by stilesg57
    Yeah! I love the stares and questions I get about that. My favorite thing is when I park it in front of a building with all glass walls (BK or Chipotle are the best ). It'll still be running while I'm standing in line, and often some person will start looking at it. Then it turns off, and they look around as if they're being watched! Hilarious!
    What I love is explaining it to one person, and then because everyone asks eventually, that person answers for me and tells the next person, and he tells the next person... hilarious. The last time I heard my fiance explain it (she loves to answer this question too, because she bought the TT for me for Christmas) she told someone "it monitors the temperature of the turbo and computes the exact time to run to engine to cool it off!" I just chuckled and said "close enough!"

Next time you want to keep people guessing, count off the time that was left on the timer in your head as you're walking away, and hit the button to arm/lock right when the engine cuts off. I have a few people convinced that I have remote shutoff
    '02 Alpine White WRX Wagon - PDXTuning EcuTek Stage 2 + TMIC
    Some stuff that makes it cooler, unless you work for Subaru, in which case it's completely stock.

Originally posted by Wade-0
    What I love is explaining it to one person, and then because everyone asks eventually, that person answers for me and tells the next person, and he tells the next person... hilarious. The last time I heard my fiance explain it (she loves to answer this question too, because she bought the TT for me for Christmas) she told someone "it monitors the temperature of the turbo and computes the exact time to run to engine to cool it off!" I just chuckled and said "close enough!"

Next time you want to keep people guessing, count off the time that was left on the timer in your head as you're walking away, and hit the button to arm/lock right when the engine cuts off. I have a few people convinced that I have remote shutoff
    Picked up my STi early Saturday afternoon. I was at a friend's Saturday night and a guy in a nearby apartment was thoroughly hammered and came out to look at the STi. First thing he asked was if I used the spoiler for a bookshelf because "those stupid front-wheel drive cars" can't possibly use it for downforce. I didn't say a thing. Two friends with me started screaming at him about AWD and having more power than any car he's ever owned. So then he wanted to see the engine.

He points to an air hose and asks, "What's that?" So I say, "That's a hose." Then he goes on a rant about how he'll laugh as he passes in his American car WHEN, not if, I break down. So, again, my friends stood up for what seems to be their favorite car.

Before I left, the last thing the drunk said was, "You got a nice, real rally car there, man." Funny thing is, it sounded like he meant it.

RN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123