WRX vs the General Public - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs the General Public within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; People stare at me and ask if it is turbo . When I'm driving I see people stare at me ...

People stare at me and ask if it is turbo . When I'm driving I see people stare at me and it kind of annoys me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love the attention I get from my car

Some guy in a Z28 asked me, "is that the new Neon?" I said, "why yes it is. Would you like to race." He laughed and said, "sure if you really want." We took off and I got to the next stop light. A few delayed seconds later he pulls up next to me, jaw dropped, and at a loss for words. I smiled, bid him a good night, and put my window up...priceless
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by brembo
    One thing that really vexes folks is the turbo-timer.
    Yeah! I love the stares and questions I get about that. My favorite thing is when I park it in front of a building with all glass walls (BK or Chipotle are the best ). It'll still be running while I'm standing in line, and often some person will start looking at it. Then it turns off, and they look around as if they're being watched! Hilarious!

BTW, dark tint, 17's and lowering springs will end the 'cute' comments. These things look really mean with an aggressive stance and meaty rubber. Well, sedans anyway
    Last edited by stilesg57; 06-19-2003 at 11:49 PM.
    <----- Finally found an avatar I like!

I got more of those when i had a 03 tiburon with tuscani conversion.
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

i dont own a wrx but its pretty much just as bad to hear people tell me they like my eclipse.

Originally posted by 97SupraTT
    i dont own a wrx but its pretty much just as bad to hear people tell me they like my eclipse.
    HAHA...total ignorance, man
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I'd have to pimp slap the person that thought an eclipse is a TT supra... duma$$ is more like it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Whilst I'm in the UK, my wife has been the sole driver of my WRX. Now take my word for it - my wife drives my car like a GRANDMA. The number of kids in Eclipses and Hondas who want to race her is innumerable. They rev on her at lights and then zoom off whilst my wife is TERRIFIED of putting her foot down. (I get daily reports from my wife on the status of my car) My wife's predicted 1/4 mile time in the WRX is approximately 2 mins 17 seconds.

Mind you, all her female friends think the car is the shiznit, even if they have no idea what it is or even what it is capable of. Just wait till I get home and give all those girls a ride...

ooer....

Not....that.....kind.....of.....

Nevermind.

2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by WilliamG
    My wife's predicted 1/4 mile time in the WRX is approximately 2 mins 17 seconds.

LOL!!
    2003 Aspen White WRX

WRX
    I get annoyed when people ask if it's turboed. But I do get alot of thumbs up and waves from other WRXers. The worst is when you're driving next to some guy with a WRX and he doesn't wave!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I get annoyed when people ask if it's turboed. But I do get alot of thumbs up and waves from other WRXers. The worst is when you're driving next to some guy with a WRX and he doesn't wave!

I guess many Jeep owners are buying the WRX's now.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

I was in the grocery store parking lot the other day and an older couple were looking at my car, i heard the man say to her, i think its one of those new hyundais, i almost fell over

Originally posted by evilrex
    I was in the grocery store parking lot the other day and an older couple were looking at my car, i heard the man say to her, i think its one of those new hyundais, i almost fell over
    How come no one notices "S U B A R U" printed across the back?

RN

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    I had one of my numerous female friends with me one time, and after a long trip of my spirited driving, she got out and looked at my car and said, "How much did it cost to trick out your Honda like that?"

Originally posted by zoophagy
    I had one of my numerous female friends with me one time, and after a long trip of my spirited driving, she got out and looked at my car and said, "How much did it cost to trick out your Honda like that?"

HAHAHHAHAH... oh man.. this is a good thread Basically when people ask me what car i drove, I say subaru wrx (drop the impreza). Then the look at me funny and i saw its an AWD turbo... most people know what turbo means so they go.. ooooooo... Just remember to say turbo guys... :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.