Mom and Me vs. Turbo CRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mom and Me vs. Turbo CRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We had a family dinner tonight and my mom asked me to take her to Costco afterwards so I did. ...

Mom and Me vs. Turbo CRX

We had a family dinner tonight and my mom asked me to take her to Costco afterwards so I did. Leaving from Costco I told her to hang on and we went around a corner very fast out of Costco and mom replied ... it's like riding a rollercoaster. I just smile and think to myself. So as I'm turning right from Abernathy onto Johnson Ferry I go through 2nd and 3rd and just playing around. My mom drives a Solara so it's pretty slow. Noot realizing that I'm coming onto a "rice" CRX, I just keep on driving like normal. As I get closer I notice it has a "turbo" badge on it and I see some gauges and I can see the driver looking at me from the rear view mirror. I told my mom to hold on as I knew he was gonna try something.
    We cross the Chattahochee bridge ... the usual racing point ... and when it splits into 3 lanes the CRX it behind this van and doesn't do anything so I fly pass him in 2nd on the right. CRX jumps right behind me but it was expected. I hit the first turn doing 75+/- and then the 2nd turn 90+/- and fly out of the turn. This whole time I'm also looking back and the CRX is doing very well keeping up ... expect when the turns became a variable. I pulled away maybe 3+/- car lengths but nothing too serious which is when I figured the turbo was real. We pass Papermill and I slow down to <50 and he passes me on my left and shows off his BOV and slows down. I honk for him to slow down and I come up beside him and I give him a "thumbs up" because he did very well. We came up to the light at Johnson Ferry and Lower Roswell and I rolled down my windows because curious minds always want to know. I stated I knew he had a turbo and he concurred the statement. I asked him how long he's had it and he stated 1.5 years but never been to the track. I told him I was very impressed and looked nice ... not too ricey ... and he replied that I killed him in the turns and that there was not way he'd even try to keep up w/ AWD. I asked his name and gave him mine and I was very please.
    My mom told me she closed her eyes as I was going through the turns and was scared since she doesn't ride w/ people that drive that "dynamically" on a usual basis. I got home and she told my dad and my dad was like ... umm you're not a good drive ( jokingly ) however my mom cuts in and stated then even though it was fast as nuts that I was very controlled and she did enjoy it.
    I was thinking to myself how it really isn't safe ... it's all fun and such but it only takes less than a second for an accident to happen. I do have to watch out since it hit me tonight. I guess things just hit me out of the blue somedays.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude nice kill but I still can't believe you had your mom in the car blasting through gears and corners
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Yeah, your mom sounds like a real trooper. Mine probably would have clombed out the window or something. Hehe..
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

haha thats cool! Theres a hair pin turn or whatever the hell you call it by my house and my mom always grabs on tight for this particular spot because she knows whats up! I just floor it going around doing somewhat of a slide and she just loves it. Shes said once "youre just wearing out your tires so you can get new wheels and tires" ...damn she knows me well!
    04 SVT Lightning

If I push it AT ALL with parents in the car, they freak out big time. I pushed a car to something like 4500 RPM with them in the car once and they started screaming at me about it.

RN

Yo

It's funny because my dad talks trash about him driving a fast car however when I let he drive my car ... which is very infrequent ... he drives <4K rpm. I tell he it wouldn't matter which car he drove because he'll never really get the power.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Chuglobal, you have the best racing stories ever! But racing with your Mom is priceless! This is one of your best! Keep up the good work.

X

Great story!!!

During one of the snowstorms we had this past winter my mother called me up and asked me to take her to the store. So I go pick her up and proceed to drive to the store sideways, literally like one continuous drift, she was so terrified she did not even want to get back in the car after she got her groceries!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Yo

My parents usually seem me in the garage doing mods but never been in the car since I've done my first set of mods last year. I thought I should show them where my money goes to.
    2004 STI White/Gold

That is so cool, nothing like a good race and a cool racer and to top it off with your mom sporting shotgun. As soon as I got my wagon I took my mom for a ride, she is a huge car fan and loves to race. Thats were I got it from, 2 years ago she gave me her 67 firebird 455 6.6 4 speed manual. Its in my grandparents garage under const (hehe)

Keep them coming.

Peace
    Kory

My mom would have a heart attack riding with me the way I drive sometimes... but she is always out to watch me auto-x or road race... she r0x s0x. My wife on the other hand will kill me if I dont let her ride shotgun for at least a lap or 2 around the cones... and she will be racing her own car that I am working on getting currently come next season... Damn i married the right woman
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

My mum flips out as soon as the turbo kicks in when she is around.... I swear she is never comfortable in a car unless she is doing the driving
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Good race...Whenever I drive one of my family members they always seem to be trying to use the imaginary brake on the passenger side. Your Mom sounds cool.
    Not all who wander are lost

Well

They trust me and how I handle situations. I'm old enough and take the effects of my deicisons. I realized that it's relaly not safe to play around. My mom stated ... "It's fine if you race in a straight line but when changing lanes back and forth around corners at 77-90mph is not safe. It's not safe in general but I would have as much problems if you just went fast in a straight line. I'd rather you not do it in general but it's your choice." It's not a literal quote but pretty close.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Well

Originally posted by chuglobal
    They trust me and how I handle situations. I'm old enough and take the effects of my deicisons. I realized that it's relaly not safe to play around. My mom stated ... "It's fine if you race in a straight line but when changing lanes back and forth around corners at 77-90mph is not safe. It's not safe in general but I would have as much problems if you just went fast in a straight line. I'd rather you not do it in general but it's your choice." It's not a literal quote but pretty close.
    Given the number of pile-ups I've avoided and road ragers I've disabled over time with parents in the car, they tell me I'm a good driver and safe and all but they still don't like mild speed or more.

RN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.