you tell me part duex
Closed Thread

This is a discussion on you tell me part duex within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just want to express the following, sans flame: We had a fantastic discussion going on this topic, great debate, people ...

you tell me part duex

Just want to express the following, sans flame:

We had a fantastic discussion going on this topic, great debate, people getting personel with there stories, people making great points, and then a moderator chooses to close the thread, and not just close it, but close it making a misrepresentation of the dialouge and, stating their personel opinion on the matter, and then disallowing others to rebut. This is classic, from what I can tell, moderator activity on this forum and one of the big reasons why I do not post here often.

Here is what he wrote:

Ok guys, - feelings have been spoken. The general consensus here is both were at fault.

This is incorrect, I'd say 50:50, so why stop the discussion? Is he bored, if so, stop reading.

I'm going to lock this down now. I don't think this ever belonged in WRX vs the World anyway.

How so, it was WRX v. Mulleted Camaro.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i think there was only about 3 ppl that agreed with you that just the camaro was at fault. i would say just give it up...if you dont stop your driving habits, somebody is going to get hurt and thats all you need to talk about.

drive safe and sane.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

I was not looking for assurance, I was hoping for debate, which we got. In my reply posts, I add only clarification, I did not ever state, see, what he said, so I am right. Only trying to get debate going, somehting that does not happen much here from what I can tell.

Your post only illustrates my point, you concluded before you read my post and comprehended what you read. Where do I state, and people were on my side so I was right?

Oh yeah, to keep this going, I smoked a New Z car today.

I am lazy to read the part 1, but I do have one question tho..
    Can you tell me why you are driving like that?
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Alright man, at the risk of coming down too hard on you, I have to admit I've gone through chip-on-my-shoulder stages like you are in, but I'm thinking that in time, after a few accidents, fights, and/or worse, you'll realize that putting your ego and pride out on the line at every stop light just isn't worth it.

Sit back, enjoy your car, relax, you'll be amazed how much fun that can be.

Maybe you should start a poll That would be interesting.

Personally I agree with you about what happened, but alot of people may not (including moderator(s))

Maybe the options could be.
    1. He was 100% at fault, He tried to muscle his way past, and you called him on it. People like that are the real problem. Maybe if we didnt let these buttheads get past us, they would get in line, not cut people off, and behave.

2. you were at fault. The risks are too high. let those morons do whatever they want cause if you defend your lane, or ignore them, your the bad guy. BOW down to the v8s, take it and like it. Better safe than dead or something.

Im just kidding about those options, but a poll would be interesting.Everything was said with a smile and not to be taken hard. I see both sides of this one, but I choose option 1.
    02 WRB WRX
    --whole lotta mods

This is not longer a debate. Its just beating on a dead horse. Nice talking to you but I've spent way too much time on this instead of my network.

FYI, this needed to split into 2 parts to start with:

Legal side: Camero at fault

Ethics side: Camero and WRX fault

Again, its not about pride, its not about who has a bigger private part or the faster car. It comes down to respect. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Its a double edge sword. I think both the camero and the guy in the WRX learned a lesson. Hopefully the right one.

That makes one less @$$hole on the road (the camero) and one more smarter driver (the guy in WRX). Thats my 2 cent on this.

Peace,
    Mark

I thought the thread was about done anyway... People pretty much stood their ground with their opinions, which is fine, and probably to be expected. I didn't really expect it to get locked, however.

Two guys in a Ford pickup pulled out in front of me earlier today while I was cruising down a country road doing the 45 mph speed limit. I saw him coming down the driveway, and I turned my headlights on, since I was in the shade. He proceeded to pull out slowly anyway, and barely accelerated. So I had to brake fairly hard and resulted with me coming right up on his tail. He then proceeds to brake check me while he's only doing 20 mph, and glaring at me in his mirror. So I waved at him. And then I backed off to a safe following distance. I pictured him potentially running me off the road, and figured it wasn't worth trying to pass him as I had to turn off soon anyway. You have to pick your battles--not all are worth fighting. But it did irk me that he knowingly pulled out in front of me, and then lazily accelerated, and then purposely pissed me off by brake checking me. Just dealing with more and more discourteous driver's these days is frustrating... <shrug>

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I read the other thread after I kept seeing it at the top of the list. Here is my outlook. Would you have done that if the other car was a marked police car? This is how I think when I am about to do something like that on the road. Usually the awnser is no. That means you should not do it to other motorists. Be they morons or not.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

I Support ClubWRX
    ::sighs::

Ok, enough.
    2010 SSM STI

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.