Raced a Moddified GN, wasnt pretty - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Raced a Moddified GN, wasnt pretty within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey, i saw a video floating around on one of these wrx forums, showing a factory-preppd Cadillac CTS murdering some ...

hey, i saw a video floating around on one of these wrx forums, showing a factory-preppd Cadillac CTS murdering some local at a quarter-mile track.

One of the responders said the car had a Grand National engine in it. I certainly believe it after watching the CTS.

Who knows. Maybe the GNX engine might make a comeback. Turbos certainly are in again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

don't forget about the regal t types. I had a guy want to run me in his beat up grey regal. I almost bit untill he started to pull out of the parking lot sounding like a 747. That would have been really nasty.
    2000 mustang gt
    just an air filter

Originally posted by Teep
    http://www.gnttype.org/

or direct to the pix

...there's a GN guy on clubwrx.net I think.

-tp
    u r correct sir.. myself, SMC and there is one more i think.

There are more of us here than you think, I bet. The cars naturally go hand in hand. The GN is the "big-daddy" to all these turbo rockets now.

Anyway, as far as the silver CTS - You are basically correct. It is actually a Typhoon/Syclone block (4.3 I think) with a some nice parts. Very close to a GN engine. The article was in GM hi-tech performance. I think there was also a blurb in one of the mainstream mags, C&D or MT. The thing was running 11's I believe, and looks darn stock from the outside.
    2007 Space Grey w/ Coral BMW 335 Coupe

2002 Blue WRX 5 speed SOLD

1987 Grand National - sold
    -12.01@113

Originally posted by drbyers
    you gotta have the latest version of windows media player to see the video, probably. And it definitely doesn't work on the mac.

if you don't get to see it, here's a summary. Think last drag race in "The Fast & The Furious." The GN raises its front end like a terrified horse, while squeeling down the track. jeeeeezus.
    Here's a direct link to that video of the 86GN...

Since there are a few GN guys here could you direct me to some good sites for GN education. I know the basics I just want to learn more as I am thinking about a straight line high power car in a few years (after i'm done with the scooby). I was thinking about a Cobra when I saw this thread and remembered how much I loved the ol' GN's
    2000 WRX

youll have that
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by geronimo66
    Since there are a few GN guys here could you direct me to some good sites for GN education. I know the basics I just want to learn more as I am thinking about a straight line high power car in a few years (after i'm done with the scooby). I was thinking about a Cobra when I saw this thread and remembered how much I loved the ol' GN's
    turbobuicks.com
    turbobuick.com
    gnttype.org
    t6p.com

There's months of reading there....that's all you should need!

-12.01@113

Cool thanks, I should just keep focused on my Subaru but I know that if I want real 1/4 mile power the Scooby isn't where its at. Though it is the most fun i've had of all the cars i've owned, all 20 so far.

I like the idea of a nice 12 second scooby and a 10 second GN sitting in the garage wait for me to pick mood depending
    2000 WRX

Originally posted by ezatnova
    turbobuicks.com
    turbobuick.com
    gnttype.org
    t6p.com

There's months of reading there....that's all you should need!
    I second it!
    87 GN ~68k,--No times since rebuild/restore but shootin for 10.5'sMy Pictures
    "Life is like a 3 ring circus and cops have a front row seat... It`s The Greatest Show On Earth."

Oh, and don't let anyone over there anger you about their views on the WRX or STi. Some are hardcore american muscle mulletheads that insult anything without a GM, Ford, or Mopar badge. Most respect the new turbo cars...but not all.
    Then there are the pure geniuses that own both and see the best of both worlds.

-12.01@113

Originally posted by OotabaJinga
    Don't wanna mess with a modded GN for sure. The stock ones you can futs with, but they have great top end. 3.8 with an intercooled turbo-they are pretty strong and respond veeeery nicely to simple mods.
    what are you talking about?!?!
    Grand Nationals (X's) have no top end what-so-ever, they stock top out at 124, admittedly they hit it very fast, but even modded they will not be able to get any more than 130-135, i have no idea what car you're thinking of but it's not the Buick

Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    what are you talking about?!?!
    Grand Nationals (X's) have no top end what-so-ever, they stock top out at 124
    uh... no.
    They have plenty of top end. To say no top end "what-so-ever" is like saying LS1's have no bottom end. Definitely an exagerated statement.
    The stock 124 is simply because of the chip.

-12.01@113

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.