Raced a Moddified GN, wasnt pretty - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a Moddified GN, wasnt pretty within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sorry to go OT but... rain + rex = mad fun...

sorry to go OT but...

rain + rex = mad fun

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Another board to cruise.My car is not yet worth of pictures so here's my motor.
    http://hometown.aol.com/gn1270/myhomepage/index.html
    1987 Grand National
    2003 Corvette
    2002 Ram 2500 td

Welcome to the club charleslong. I love the GN...it's total sleeper. Saw one on I95 a month or two ago being driven by a 50-60 year old woman

Originally posted by GN1270
    Another board to cruise.My car is not yet worth of pictures so here's my motor.
    http://hometown.aol.com/gn1270/myhomepage/index.html
    Hey, what part of CT are you from?

Hamden...You?
    1987 Grand National
    2003 Corvette
    2002 Ram 2500 td

Originally posted by GN1270
    Hamden...You?
    Awesome, selling my house in Hamden. I am currently living in Stamford, may possibly move to Milford to be a little closer to friends. Maybe we can hook up some time so I can check out that GN. Never actually been in one, but dying to go for a ride.

Sure, you can come hang out anytime. The car will be leaving for a couple of weeks, in a couple of weeks to finally be finished (welding work). I work in Stamford. I'm your Pepperidge Farm bread man. I do all the store down there except S&S on Bedford and Food Emporium. Lotsa guys come over here and wrench on their cars (i have tools) and I imagine there will be more when I get my lift installed this winter. TTYL...Scott
    1987 Grand National
    2003 Corvette
    2002 Ram 2500 td

I tried not to bring this back from the dead but I coudn't stop myself. One small correction, the turbo 3.8 and NA 3.8 shared the same block, rods, and heads. Crank was the same casting but had the fillets rolled and pistons were reinforced. I'm still amazed the stock internals will go 9s- at least for a little while since the NA motor only made 110hp. BTW, I'm a big fan of the WRX, there's an 11 second one in town.
    Slow 84 GN

My buddy Cal has a pretty wicked Buick GN. He measured 941 rwhp on the dyno. His best 1/4 mile run to date is a 8.57 @ 159.40 mph 60ft. 1.33 (I believe he runs on 10" slicks. He has also run a 9.34 @ 154mph on BFG drag radials.

If you go to http://www.hartlineperformance.com , you can see some pics, specs and a couple of videos on his 8 second ride. He definitely has a knack for tuning these boosted 6's

Originally posted by grtpmkn
    My buddy Cal has a pretty wicked Buick GN. He measured 941 rwhp on the dyno. His best 1/4 mile run to date is a 8.57 @ 159.40 mph 60ft. 1.33 (I believe he runs on 10" slicks. He has also run a 9.34 @ 154mph on BFG drag radials.

If you go to http://www.hartlineperformance.com , you can see some pics, specs and a couple of videos on his 8 second ride. He definitely has a knack for tuning these boosted 6's
    Whoa! That thing's brutal!

http://www.hartlineperformance.com/cal/BigWheelie.WMV

Don't feel sorry about bringing this back from the dead!

Anything that spins its tires at 60mph is IMO

you talk about TORQUE!!!!!!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Hey GrtPmkn.....Chris that you?

I was just going to post Cal's website but ya beat me to it. Maybe I'll post Lance's site up
    87 Buick Grand National....not running. Sold engine to Slipknot and building way bigger V6 Stage 2.

03 Ford F250 Crew Cab long bed 4x4 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel, 5sp automatic, and one killer stereo!

03 Subaru WRX...17" battles to go on, STi foglamp covers, rolling stealth mode except for the stereo. The wifes ride.

02 Ducati 900 Monster Dark...we share this one!

Speed costs. How fast do you want to spend? - Sterling Moss

Originally posted by ff2_emtb
    Hey GrtPmkn.....Chris that you?

I was just going to post Cal's website but ya beat me to it. Maybe I'll post Lance's site up
    Hello! No, my name is not Chris, it is Scott, but I bet you're referring to Chris McCord, aren't you? Yeah, I know him too. Just saw him the other night when we were getting ice cream (seems he's really into the whole Grand Prix GTP scene now). Though I don't really know Lance, I have met him before and his car is awesome as well (didn't he sell it though?).

I've known Cal since about '86 and have had many a good time together. He spent sooooo many years cranking out hp out of n/a Pontiac V8's. Who would have known when his wife wanted a GN that he would someday have a thriving business based on modding these puppies.

Anyway, nice chatting with you. My goal is to purchase a WRX within the next 12 months for my daily driver/family vehicle. I'd love to see what Cal could do with one of these.
    '05 Subaru WRX STi

'96 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
    one of 254 made in Bright Tangerine

'03 Suzuki SV1000N

Originally posted by chevyeater
    GM also put the same engine in a small number of '89 Pontiac Trans Ams.
    That would be the special 20th Anniversary Trans Am's. A friend of a friend had one and it was damn fast. Probably still the fastest "stock" Trans Am's ever made. Although I think stock M6 LS1 Trans Am's would hang with them.
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused

I watched a GN-X put some serious hurt on a reported 600WHP Supra in Baltimore this spring. The GN was on ET streets, and the Supra was on 18 inch pilot sports, the GN just walked it off the line and the supra never had a chance to catch up.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast