Raced a Moddified GN, wasnt pretty - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a Moddified GN, wasnt pretty within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by OotabaJinga Less and less common since they went out of production in 87. Okay, thanks. Went to ...

Originally posted by OotabaJinga
    Less and less common since they went out of production in 87.
    Okay, thanks. Went to look at the pics on the one site and see similar cars now and then but not often.

RN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by lyonsd
    '86 and '87 turbo Regals are, for all practical purposes, the same.
    The difference is the X a GN-X is a much faster car out of the factory than a regular GN and very rare.

I have the utmost respect for these cars. The fastest ones are in the low 7's on the 1/4 mile. I would say don't even bother trying any of them in your WRX unless you are packing at least stage 4 type power.

GM also put the same engine in a small number of '89 Pontiac Trans Ams.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Yup- the 89 T/A Pace Car- it was lighter and more aerodynamic. And faster. I sat in one that was seized from a drug dealer and used as a pursuit vehicle- also got to check one out in the mid 90's that a dealer had- with 9 miles on it and all plastic on the seats, etc.

You picked the wrong car, Bud.

X

hello guys,
    i am a member at www.turbobuick.com .
    I own a 87 GN and am a fan of it and the WRX. I told my wife that if i got rid of it for another car just to get rid of it, it would be for a wrx. I just like the idea of awd and not to mention the motor design.

Thats what I love about this forum. There is somebody with every type of cool car lurking here .

If I ever decided to move out of the snow belt, charleslong, I would trade you my WRX for your GN. I always wanted one.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Originally posted by chevyeater
    Thats what I love about this forum. There is somebody with every type of cool car lurking here .

If I ever decided to move out of the snow belt, charleslong, I would trade you my WRX for your GN. I always wanted one.
    im up for it.
    about a month ago i had a run in with a 95 corvette, he got a jump and got to maybe my front wheels, until the boost came on. he got a free education that night.
    i was thinking of selling the GN, b/c my wife is pregnant again, and i want a 4 door.

I hate Grand Nationals. They have monster engines (not to mention the GNX-version, which was the baddest beast on the road for a while), but they were all engine.

No style, no interior, no handling. But dam, they were fast. If you liked to drag, it was THE ticket.

Buick should be applauded for building such a car even if it meant screwing with their grandfatherly-image.

Now if we could only get Subaru to drop in a bigger turbo... lol.

I see GNs and I slouch down low, no eye contact. I ain't gonna mess with 3.8 liters of forced induction. And lord how they hook up, its sick. Low profile too, unless yer a gearhead most folks have no idea that Nationals are wicked rides.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

No style...
    WHOA Nelly! I guess that's a matter of opinion because I think GN's look BAAAAAAAAD to the bone!
    Last edited by is2scooby; 06-17-2003 at 08:05 PM.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by is2scooby
    WHOA Nelly! I guess there's a matter of opinion because I think GN's look BAAAAAAAAD to the bone!
    I think my GN is pretty nice looking, I didnt post anything, b/c everyone is allowed to have an oppinion. Its true that they are designed like a brick but they haul balls.
    I would be willing to sacrifice my speed for less speed and better handling with 4 doors. One of these days i will be able to afford a wrx, but definately not on my AF salary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grand national croped.jpg  

style really is a matter of opinion. some people like the darth-vader look, but I see a blacked out Buick T-Type (remember those?)

I actually did dig the styling of the Buick Reatta before they killed that off. I'm also hoping Buick finally releases the Bengal concept convertible, but I may die of old age before that ever happens.

by the way, long, I totally hear where your comin' from on the AF salary.

I was a civilian employee at Pope AFB for about a month before leaving for better pay.

Funny thing is that the salary for my same position at neighboring Fort Bragg Army Base, was almost twice as much.

I wanted to stay but my checkbook said no way.

Originally posted by drbyers
    by the way, long, I totally hear where your comin' from on the AF salary.

I was a civilian employee at Pope AFB for about a month before leaving for better pay.

Funny thing is that the salary for my same position at neighboring Fort Bragg Army Base, was almost twice as much.

I wanted to stay but my checkbook said no way.
    holy crap, the gov paid you almost twice as much some where else?
    wish i could get an instant raise like that, maybe i should apply for food stamps. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grand national 2.jpg  

hey long,

I never got the chance to go to Bragg. I wanted to, but they wouldn't have me, so I went into the private sector.

I'm a multimedia designer. Bragg thought I wasn't good enough. lol.

I sure showed them though. I designed Pope's marketing site and everyone's jaw dropped. lol.

www.43dservices.com

by the way, is that a GN or GNX? i can't make out where the intercooler is in the engine bay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.