Here's a twist.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Here's a twist. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend with the WRX and I take turns driving to work, it is a two hour commute . He ...

Here's a twist.

My friend with the WRX and I take turns driving to work, it is a two hour commute . He feels that his car is slow and mine is fast. I feel that my car is slow and his is fast. The damn butt dyno works so much better in the passenger seat. I think I will have him drive my car home today. Maybe that will help .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My wife always claims the car feels faster when she drives than when she's shotgun. Interesting since she babies the car, and I'm a maniac in it. She scares herself when it comes onto the turbo...

-Pace

Originally posted by pace
    My wife always claims the car feels faster when she drives than when she's shotgun. Interesting since she babies the car, and I'm a maniac in it. She scares herself when it comes onto the turbo...

-Pace
    That is weird, since the general concensus is that it always feels faster from the passenger seat

She doesn't have any experience driving quick cars...

Originally posted by 2001S4

That is weird, since the general concensus is that it always feels faster from the passenger seat
    That's how I feel when I'm on the passenger seat.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    When I ride in my friend's turbo charged Si, my butt dyno feels like his car is faster than my Rex, but actual dyno results and the few street races we have done have proven my Rex to be faster. His sure does feel like it pulls harder than my Rex, but maybe it's because of the weight difference? Who knows....
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I let another friend of mine drive my car one night. It was the first time he drove it. He drives a cavalier and he had just got a 2.5 RS for his wife. He thought it was fast as hell since he never drove anything that fast. I thought it was faster than anything I had been in. It was cool out, and the turbo's were loving it. I think the key is to be cheuffered around. Any takers?

Originally posted by Verdugo
    When I ride in my friend's turbo charged Si, my butt dyno feels like his car is faster than my Rex, but actual dyno results and the few street races we have done have proven my Rex to be faster. His sure does feel like it pulls harder than my Rex, but maybe it's because of the weight difference? Who knows....
    I think it is just that being along for the ride and not being in control tends to do it. I know when he is pulling on the highway in his WRX, it feels fast, then he gives it more gas. That no knowing if there is more power waiting I think does it for me. Anyone else feel that way too

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Heh I think my friend would disagree with you, but then again, he thinks he can pull on our friend's Skyline R32 so...heheh
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

Originally posted by Verdugo
    Heh I think my friend would disagree with you, but then again, he thinks he can pull on our friend's Skyline R32 so...heheh
    Your friend has a Skyline R32? What time can you pick me up at the airport?

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    LOL funny you say that 'cause he picked me up in his Skyline from the airport when my other friend and I got back from Vegas 2 months ago.

Here's his car... http://www.garagespl.com/galleryNissanSkylineGT-R32.htm

Sweet. So how fast is it? Must be a fun car to go for a ride in.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know what he's done 1/4 mile-wise, but it does get 340 hp at the wheels and you can definitely feel it pull. The ride is really rough and he's still got the stock suspension...we were on the freeway and you could definitely feel every bump...but that's what made it fun! It's the fastest car I've ever had a ride in for sure...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.