What is your favorite car to kill/eat? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What is your favorite car to kill/eat? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Lately It was a Porsche 944 Turbo with a fart can muffler. I guess these guys (generalization here) think that ...

Lately It was a Porsche 944 Turbo with a fart can muffler. I guess these guys (generalization here) think that since they own A PORSCHE, that it is faster than any other car because its just a PORSCHE! He had to cut off the race at 100mph since 1) He couldn't maintain the curve of the highway at the time and 2) His engine made a weird noise and he had to pull over. Whatever the reason, I love to smack down these "I OWN A PORSCHE NOW WATCH OUT!" folks.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

^^^^Totally agreed, Its like the people who own 1970's diesel Mercedes Benz's and think that is equivalent to a 2003 E-Class, umm, get real!!!

As for what I like......basically anybody who thinks their car is faster than it is....

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by fengshui
    Lately It was a Porsche 944 Turbo with a fart can muffler. I guess these guys (generalization here) think that since they own A PORSCHE, that it is faster than any other car because its just a PORSCHE! He had to cut off the race at 100mph since 1) He couldn't maintain the curve of the highway at the time and 2) His engine made a weird noise and he had to pull over. Whatever the reason, I love to smack down these "I OWN A PORSCHE NOW WATCH OUT!" folks.

chris
    Careful! There are some VERY fast 944 turbos running around. Not many but there are some. 2.5L Turbo, 8.1:1 comp at 217HP stock with lots of tuning potential.

As a matter of fact, there was a 944 Turbo at the dyno a few weeks ago that put down 310whp on a Mustang Dyno in my area.
    Last edited by boosted 4; 06-17-2003 at 12:48 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

I have a lot of respect for all cars...but a nice rice flavored one with some Eminem flavored music are the best.

I love driving my WRX when I am dressed professionaly for work and eating them up.
    Not all who wander are lost

I like RICE!!
    I am very partial to the rice that talks HUGE at the burger joint, or any other local hang out. They usually end up backpedaling very swiftly- (Faster than their car will run forward) at the track.
    You know the kind. The bark of a German Shepard and the bite of a toothless Chihuahua.
    Bring em on! Bring em all on!!! (Please bring $$$)

My favorite race anymore is one with a car that will be ... close. The last best race I had was with a built B18C turboed@10psi in a CRX. From a roll we went and were DEAD even with a little seesawing the lead back and forth then we we hit 100 and I went into 4th he just started walking me.

But my other favorite type of race is ANYONE who just has an attitude that they think they will destroy me or completely underestimate my car . There really ins't a pattern to them either. I have had F-body domestics to BMWs to porshces all do that.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

What´s "rice"? Culdn´t make it out after reading this thread!!
    But my other favorite type of race is ANYONE who just has an attitude that they think they will destroy me or completely underestimate my car . There really ins't a pattern to them either.
    Totally agreed! Here in Argentina I do have a pattern! Those who doesn´t have enough money and so, in spite of spending it on real tuning (modifying the engine) they put in their cars spoilers, wings, transfers, etc. hey have the same 100bhp stok engine in a body that semms to have 300!! So you with your familiar TDi car can beat them. Those invites you to run!
    I do REALLY want the STi to come to Argentina...

Sounds like Argentina is not much different than America in that aspect. We have the same guys and the same attitude. That is usually what 'rice' means. The rice is the Asian car makers- thus the rice- and those who like to make them look fast rather than run fast.

Re: What is your favorite car to kill/eat?

The car doesn't matter as much as the driver.

If the driver is an ass hole that thinks he's fast, then the kill is much sweeter.

If he's just some punk who says "I knew I'd get smoked; I just wanted to see your car run", then I wouldn't even bother if I had known that.

What is your favorite car to kill/eat?

So I also love ricers!! Thanks, Wannabe.

"those who like to make them look fast rather than run fast." the best way of defining.
    I do REALLY want the STi to come to Argentina...

Originally posted by Wannabe
    The rice is the Asian car makers- thus the rice- and those who like to make them look fast rather than run fast.
    Rice used to be about Asian cars...but now I think its applicable to any car owner that slaps non-performance **** all over their car, like stickers, huge, non-functional, multi-tiered spoilers, etc...

I've seen more domestic rice in this town than imports - riced out Oldsmobile Achieva's, Mustang's, etc.. etc...

So IMO, its not import exclusive anymore. Just my .02 cents.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    Rice used to be about Asian cars...but now I think its applicable to any car owner that slaps non-performance **** all over their car, like stickers, huge, non-functional, multi-tiered spoilers, etc...

I've seen more domestic rice in this town than imports - riced out Oldsmobile Achieva's, Mustang's, etc.. etc...

So IMO, its not import exclusive anymore. Just my .02 cents.
    That would be wholly correct...seeing more and more riced Mustangs these days.

RN

my vote: bmw's

nothing like putting the smack down on bmw's of all types who think they are "the ultimate driving machine".......i think half are brainwashed by that statement and think they can't possibly lose to an "inferior" japanese subaru........the look on their faces as you smoke them is always the same........priceless :-)
    And I echo the vote for the riced out civics, preludes, integras, and neons with spoilers so big that they actually slow the car down.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

You guys could not be more "Dead On!"
    Rice is no longer where a vehicle came from. It is all attitude!
    I see many riced out Cavaliers, Neons, and all sorts of american owned companies. Rice is an attitude!! Attitude that tastes great- and less filling!!

Stock WRX's
    Last edited by TypeR445; 06-20-2003 at 06:57 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast