Ran a porche tonight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ran a porche tonight within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just cruisin home when this white older carrera convertible pulls out in front of me and gives a grin, i ...

Ran a porche tonight

Just cruisin home when this white older carrera convertible pulls out in front of me and gives a grin, i get on his rear and its on. I pull up next to him and i can tell he mats it, same here, he soon realizes after about 90mph hes got his hand full, i end up about four car lenghts ahead of him and he backs off, to tell you the truth i was dissapointed, thought he would have been faster, not sure if it was because it was an older car or if driver just wussed out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the older carreras weren't that fast compared to today's wrxs.

Thats what i figured, i dont know much about porche, but i know that guy was surprised

your mods?

And carreras come in both turbo and non turbo models, don't they? IF so, which was this.

My dad had an old 911, and technically my car is faster than it. However his 911 (he tells me) seems faster just because he could punch it 3000 rpm and the car would just fly.

Damn turbo lag.
    - Capt Crunch

Approximately what year model? Turbo or not? C2 or C4? Also, do you have an STi or an "ordinary" WRX or a modded WRX?

RN

From memory late 80's 911 Carrera had 231hp (Euro Spec). Think it depends on how many of those horses are still in the stable.

Turbo 911 will kill a WRX.

Originally posted by eluminx
    From memory late 80's 911 Carrera had 231hp (Euro Spec). Think it depends on how many of those horses are still in the stable.

Turbo 911 will kill a WRX.
    We are in complete agreement.

RN

Smile Porsche, with an S

Reminds me of a joke:

A rich, somewhat grumpy and lazy homeowner takes out an ad in the paper, stating that he needs some painting to be done. A young boy shows up at his door, with some cans of paint, roller, and brushes.

The boy asks: "So, what needs to be painted?"

He replies: "I need my porch repainted."

The boy asks: "Which one?"

Irritated, the homeowner responds: "The one in front! You don't see any other porches around here, do you?!?. Now get to work."

A half hour later, the boy rings the bell: "Well, I'm all done."

The homeowner, impressed, says: "Wow that was certainly quick! Here's double what I was going to pay you."

The boy answers: "Oh gee, thanks! By the way, sir, you don't have a Porsche, you have a Ferrari."

I would say it was probably late 80s vintage, im sure it wasnt a turbo, sounded like an 8cyl, was a really nice lookin car though

Originally posted by evilrex
    I would say it was probably late 80s vintage, im sure it wasnt a turbo, sounded like an 8cyl, was a really nice lookin car though
    Probably just a N/A 6-Cyl, the older air cooled ones are noisy, in a good way.
    '04 BMW 325ci

But I still have plenty of love for Subaru.

Good kill none the less. Nothin like the look of terror on another drivers face when he realizes just what hes gotten into

Originally posted by Lt. Boom Stick
    Good kill none the less. Nothin like the look of terror on another drivers face when he realizes just what hes gotten into
    Off topic but that handle with the little pic under it is the coolest thing ever dude.

RN

Any one ever see a 356? those things are so light, basically they run on a nice version of a VW engine but they are pretty fast, im sure not on top end though. Theres a guy I know that restored one, they are somewhat ugly yet pretty at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast