Ahh Arent U Frustrated?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ahh Arent U Frustrated? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; man, i scroll down the kill page, and all i see wrx vs honda, wrx vs cavalier, wrx vs focus, ...

Ahh Arent U Frustrated?

man, i scroll down the kill page, and all i see wrx vs honda, wrx vs cavalier, wrx vs focus, wrx vs neon AAAAHHHH!!! im gonna be picking up my wrx soon, and the outlook doesnt look good. does every driver on the road with a crappy car feel the need to try and beat a wrx?? what the hell is going on, is it like king of the japanese import mountain, and all the cars from the very bottom are trying to straight out beat the cars towards the top?? please dont tell me this is true, because every 5 feet i drive i see some riced out honda, and havin revs thrown at me every 2 seconds i have a feeling is gonna get real old real quick.

anyone have this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think a lot of people don't even know what it is, so it bugs them when you casually overtake their pride and joy. They probably start out by thinking, '..a Subaru! Let me teach this guy a lesson..' But we all know how it usually ends.

i feel that only integras and 3 series want to race...

do you want to hear how i got slaughtered out of fourth gear by a 540 today?

dR

Please share...

I don't think this forum represents the majority of the races that WRX owners encounter on the road. It is for sure that there are some interesting ones that are posted here occasionally. (i.e. WRX vs S4 j/k!! )

And also, when I try to get a Corvette or other high-end expensive cars to race me, they're usually old white people that don't even care about my car. haha

For me, real fun is in racing against the big block V8 guys(mustang GTs, Camaro Z28 and SS). Camaros usually catch me by the time I hit 75-80, but it sure is fun to look at their facial expression when they're passing by. That - surprised-by-a-four-door look, you know?

Enjoy your new WRX when you pick it up!

You should look at their faces when it is a wagon instead of a sedan.

Maybe you didn't read my post "WRX vs. Mercedes CLK 55 AMG" where an old man pulled up next to me and challenged me to a race. From a stop he had me since his car is an automatic 0-60 MPH in 4.7 second. But from a roll, I had him in the gears.
    2002 Rally Blue WRX - Few mods

hey I've beaten a 02 model WRX with a old ass Mazda Familia turbo AWD. Now that guy looked confused as to what happened. Wait until you start to get some Evo's in the US and then it will get fun. The WRX owners around where I am don't even race and when they do they go really easy on the launch so its easy to beat them if you don't give a crap and just hard launch it on them. I have three spare transmissions so I'm not too worried. Wait until spring and I'll post races with GTR's, Silvia's, WRX's, Evo's, Chasers, Stageas, Soarers, 180SX, GTS-T's, RX7's. Those should be some fun races.

Yeah, that first guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Who wants to post or read of races that they lost?? Yeah when the EVO gets here, there would be some battles. Though, the Subie will sound like a Boxer engine, where some may mistake it for a V6 or V8 when moded a certain way. While the EVO will still sound like a 4 banger rice burner from what I've heard .
    2002 Rally Blue WRX - Few mods

Originally posted by TristineLim
    ...they're usually old white people...
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?

VV

ya what the hell is that supposed to mean?

i would rather pull up to an older white guy in a fcking classic than a young asian in a ricer. and please learn about other cars then ones with 4 cylinders, ss and z28s(350 cubes) are definetely NOT big blocks. and when did a ford 5.0 liter = big block. when you do encounter a big block, 454 cubes, 502 cubes, you will know.

sherb, were u referring to me as the first guy?

Sherb you apparently need to see a Evo before you try to talk **** about them. The Subaru might have a deeper sound but performance wise they are great cars and from every race I've ever seen and all the tuning shops have said the Evo is the better car. Nobody will ever see a WRX and assume its a V6 or V8 simply because of the sound of its exhaust. I don't know of any WRX owners running 1.4Bar with nothing more then a boost controller. They've all had to do some pretty extensive upgrades to run it safely. I also doubt they got 280hp stock for $24K out the door.

Ah. I see. Thanx for enlightening me. Being a young asian guy in a rice mobile myself, I didn't have much knowledge about Domestics. Have a nice day.

VetteVert,

I was just joking around. Chill out dude.

Lightbulb

Out of maybe 15-20 WRX's I've encountered, I've only raced 3 I think 4 so some driver's are not trying to race on the street either.
    Allow myself to introduce myself

Santa Monica Boulevard (I'm a poor student)
    Hey let's keep stereotypes and such out of here. I'm a young Asian guy myself and it doesn't really matter who lines up next to me.
    South West Forum Moderator

Working for a 22B or maybe a Legacy STi...one day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast