12. 8 WRX vs Turbo Civic from a roll (damn) vs E46 M3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 12. 8 WRX vs Turbo Civic from a roll (damn) vs E46 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was sitting at the light in the center lane and to my right was an E46 M3 was sitting ...

Talking 12. 8 WRX vs Turbo Civic from a roll (damn) vs E46 M3

I was sitting at the light in the center lane and to my right was an E46 M3 was sitting there all by himself. Just before the light turned I was like "I should move over to his lane and see if he wants to go". Just as I was making my move over the light changed and the dude got on it and I was busy turning the AC off and trying to roll the windows down. Well the lane that he and I were in was a merge lane (hence the reason he was the only car in that particular lane).

All of a sudden I look in my rearview and there's a burgandy/maroon colored Civic racing up in back of me and I still wasn't close to the M3 just yet. So he rode my bumper for a sec and since I was already in 2nd at 4k rpms I punched it thinking I'd just get rid of the pesky Civic and catch up with the M3.

Well, holy****, I couldn't pull away from the Civic. I couldn't even gain an inch. He was so close to me, in fact, that when I shifted to third I missed shifted and he almost rear ended me. So, I paused for a sec (while ryin g to get it in gear) and then punched it again right after I hit 3rd and mildly pulled and then I let off since we were approaching a shopping center (and my wife was yelling at me too). He slowed down too right next to my window and all I could here was the "distinctive" whine of a turbo coming from his car. Folks, this thing was one very loud turbo

His car was so freaking loud I think he must've been dumping right after the turbo underneath the engine bay. We both slowed for a sec and I said to his passenger "turbo, right?" as I pointed at the carbon fiber hood of the Civic. They were both like yep

Anyhow, I droppped it in 2nd after we passed the shopping center and waited for him. We both punched it but neither of us were pulling on each other at all. By the top of second we were coming up on traffic and we had to slow down again. At that time, he must've saw the M3 that was up ahead. My wife was furious about the whole thing so I had to call it quits.

The Civic pursued the M3 and they got to an opening. I could cleary see the M3 go WOT as you could see fuel enrichment dump out of his exhaust tips. The Civic was right behind him and with in a couple of seconds had run down the M3 and made the pass. It looked like they did that a couple of times and the Civic was clearly faster than the M3. You just got to think the M3 driver was like WTF!

All in all, the turbo Civic today was the fastest car that I've raced besides FAST LN's 359WHP Camaro SS - see: SS vs. WRX For an AWD car my WRX isn't too bad from a roll and I bet that the Civic today thought he was going to take me out, just like most every WRX he comes across. Oops!
    Last edited by boosted 4; 06-15-2003 at 03:43 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn. Sounds like fun.....right up to the point where the wife starts b i t c h in.....
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

jt2
    From your mods, I'm guessing you're mods are TXS Stage 4 or Vishnu Stage 2 territory, right? Just curious.

Good story, btw.
    Last edited by jt2; 06-15-2003 at 10:46 PM.

Nice race!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

hahaaha! good runs... sounds VERY similar to my experience this past weekend.... I was joining a major highway with 2 young dudes in a Mustang GT convertible, with huge loud exhaust, when I decided to see how I would stack up from a roll on race...

We lined up at about 65 mph. I dropped into 3rd, not sure what he dropped into, then he began the 3-honk ritual... Unfortunately, as soon as I dropped the hammer, and my turbo was really kicking in, my mum (who happened to be knapping in the back seat) woke up, and flipped... I had to back off and give the mustang the win, even though I would have blown him out of the water with my setup

Similar ordeal again with an RSX-S. The guy came up behind me, and stuck to mu bumper. As a result, I decided to down shift to 3rd, and let him have a taste of PE1820 power ... As soon as the turbo hit again, my mum decided to become a backseat driver again

Finally, a chick in a Cavalier goes blowing by me on the highway travelling at approximately 90mph.. I could see her lookin at me as she flew by.... Again... my hands were tied

The last straw came when a couple of older fellas in a silver Corvette Convertibe began riding my butt on the same highway.... I must say that it was HIGHLY tempting to show him what I had, but .....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Dude - what's with your mom constantly sleeping in your car?

Originally posted by AjDaMan
    Dude - what's with your mom constantly sleeping in your car?
    I actually drove her to Toronto to get her hair done, while I went to get some shopping done too! She was up all night the night before removing her braids and what not, so she was in no shape to drive that day! Hence her catching up on lost sleep, AND still managing to do some backseat driving at the same time

It's kinda funny how I always get the best chellenges when there is someone in the car with me prohibiting me from taking up the challenge and smoking them
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: 12. 8 WRX vs Turbo Civic from a roll (damn) vs E46 M3

Originally posted by boosted 4

He slowed down too right next to my window and all I could here was the "distinctive" whine of a turbo coming from his car. Folks, this thing was one very loud turbo

His car was so freaking loud I think he must've been dumping right after the turbo underneath the engine bay. We both slowed for a sec and I said to his passenger "turbo, right?" as I pointed at the carbon fiber hood of the Civic. They were both like yep
    I've seen a few Porsche's in the area that were dumping right off the D/P to the ground. Also check out Ultimate-racing.com, they make a D/P that you can select to dump to the ground or to allow the gases to continue through the exhaust.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Yo

Fast cars are always cool no matter which manufacturer.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Originally posted by jt2
    From your mods, I'm guessing you're mods are TXS Stage 4 or Vishnu Stage 2 territory, right? Just curious.

Good story, btw.
    Actually neither. My mods are: BPM GT turboback (w/silencer in yesterday), PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped) with lots of porting/material removed and inlet matched to the up-pipe.

My WRX runs side by side with my friends VS2 WRX (he also has a big TMIC) up to 6000rpms but from 6000-7300 rpms my WRX will lightly pull away from him. It may have something to do with the fact that my WRX is a sedan and his is a Wagon and his boost tapers and mine holds constant to redline
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.