S4 controversy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on S4 controversy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey...what happened to the thread that started with some upset Sfour owner? Did a moderator remove it already???? You see, ...

S4 controversy

Hey...what happened to the thread that started with some upset Sfour owner? Did a moderator remove it already????

You see, that's how someone's going to lose an eye...hehe.

I don't know why Scoobie Rex owners get so upset over a simple discussion...or why some idiot Sfour owners post about German steel...yade yada. If I wanted German steel I'd go pull some off of my van down by the river. What you really need to appreciate is the fact that the two car's are comparable in performance only...the luxury goes to the Sfour obviously. If you want the high performance sounding rush then the REX is for you. If you want something a bit more stately with the same performance engine wise (cause the handling goes hands down to the Rex)...go with the Sfour. If you don't have the money to afford the vuluptuous ****agious interior of the Sfour...get the WRX...if you want to race...call me ;D

j5
    Gin and Tonic Demonic!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Every car club I've visited has heated debates on the "my car Vs. Forums" I don't care which clubs... all of them.

As for me.... I don't really care, I know what my car can do.

If your in the Nebraska area... I'd be more than happy to take on your S4!
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

I personally like the S4, but I didn't buy not because I can't afford it but because I don't need it.

I have been reading a lot about the feud between the WRX camp and the S4 camp(mainly you), and it just doesn't make any sense to compare the 2 cars.

I 'll be the first to admit that the S4 would burn the WRX in a long pull, I mean, the S4 does 0-100 a second faster then the WRX and after that, forget it. Paper stats aside, I got burned by a S4 pretty bad on the freeway a few times, but on the street where most of the races occur the WRX won't give in hands down. I have even beat S4's with drivers who can't shift right, but that's besides the point.

The real issue here is you get what you paid for, and that is a lot more then what I really need. Sure, the leather, climate control, sound deadening layers, the list goes on. For $40K you SHOULD have all of those things! Subaru is not a luxury car maker, and it never will be. It has an image that is far different then the Audi image. If I'm correct, the Audi 10 years ago were crappy and unwanted! Oh, those Audi 5000 quattros? Does that bring back any memories?

I have owned more expensive cars in the past, 1997 M3 for one, and the M3(stock) would have you gasping for air with the whimppy V6 of yours. Ioved the speed, but I also crave for the rawness of a real sports car. The refinement is good, but it could be done without. Your claim that most people who owns a WRX couldn't afford a S4 is wrong! I make close to 6 figures and I bought the WRX because of its edges, its raw power and its practicality. In fact, Subaru owner's average annual salary is in the mid $50000's according to Subaru themselves. I am not like you who needs a car to boost up his EGO, because I know what I'm worth with or without this car!

I hope you have fun with it now, because when the STi arrives, I will be one of the first to trade up and once they get here your S4 is as good as gone. Go and mod your car, but we all know you will be modding it not because you "want" to but because you don't want to lose to a "lowly" Subaru that's tuned by the factory to destroy big 5 liter american muscles and your overpriced Volkswagen S4(basically what it is).

BTW, you spelled "vuluptuous ****agious" wrong... I don't think you even own a S4. Most S4 owners are pretty sophisticated, unlike you.

Well said wrx_killers4

Now you can stop

Re: S4 controversy

Originally posted by wrx_killers4

I don't know why Scoobie Rex owners get so upset over a simple discussion...or why some idiot Sfour owners post about German steel...yade yada. If I wanted German steel I'd go pull some off of my van down by the river. What you really need to appreciate is the fact that the two car's are comparable in performance only...the luxury goes to the Sfour obviously. If you want the high performance sounding rush then the REX is for you. If you want something a bit more stately with the same performance engine wise (cause the handling goes hands down to the Rex)...go with the Sfour. If you don't have the money to afford the vuluptuous ****agious interior of the Sfour...get the WRX...if you want to race...call me ;D

j5
    You said the two vehicles are comparable in performance, but that..
    ..the handling goes hands down to the Rex..
    To me, handling is part of the performance package, so in my mind the WRX wins in a performance comparison with the S4.

I would also like to echo what Suparu said: There is an underlying theme expressed by S4 owners that WRX drivers have settled for second-best because they cannot afford an Audi. This is simply not the case. I drive the WRX because it's a driver's car and there is nothing else comparable. The S4 is just a quick, handsome, luxury car.

-Pace

<sigh>

Yeah, it's getting kind of tired.

this post looks like its about to end up where all the other S4 vs. WRX threads have gone... in the forum graveyard, closed forever. lets try to raise the standard and not go around insulting others, even if they may have dished it out themselves...
    its been said a million times before, but the S4 and the WRX are both comparable when you are talking about stock performance, but the extra money on the S4 goes into a lot of luxury, and is justified to those who desire all the extra features. i think there has been plenty of bashing back and forth and its about time to let it go
    o-|-<) bryan
    we all know that almost all WRX owners have tons of respect for the S4, and almost all S4 owners have the same for the WRX

I like the BMW M5.

Why can't we all just get along.

ahh who cares lets get back to taking about subies. Thats what were here for.

"Work All Day to Drive All Night"

02 WRB WRX Gone But Not Forgotten
    Injen CAI, Turboxs BOV and MBC, Whiteline Springs, 18" ADR rims, Clear Side Reflectors, Kartboy Short Shifter, KB bushings, KB shift knob, Reverse Indiglow Gauges, Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge and A/F, Push Start Ignition, Scooby Sport Down Pipe and Mid pipe, God Speed Uppipe, Turboxs custom unichip, Bosal Muffler

Nice sig, dR

S4 Owners .... UPDATE!

I know... you're all going to love this... but just in case you missed the other thread...... check this out!

Sub-$20,000 Rival......

02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

[/Sarcasm On]Time to go look for Neon boards now, S4 owners! They're gonna be saying their $20,000 car can perform as well as your $40,000 car!! Go show them what luxury is all about! and make sure you tell them no matter how fast it is, it's still a Dodge Neon.[/Sarcasm Off]

Santa Monica Boulevard (I'm a poor student)
    Doesn't this ever get old? Just let each have their own.

Look let's put it this way. If you're going to argue S4 vs. WRX, keep it to this thread. If not, that thread is locked or removed ok?

It's annoying that these threads keep popping up with the same arguments all day.
    South West Forum Moderator

Working for a 22B or maybe a Legacy STi...one day

I Support ClubWRX
    (YAWWWWNNNN!!!) BORING!!!! Heh come on now guys who the hell really cares. This board is all about WRX vs. Car X. Now Car X can be more expensive, less expensive, made in Germany, made in Korea, fast stock, slow stock, whatever. But the point is a lot of us are goign to take on different cars and we're just kicking back, having a fun discussion and that's it. The title of the forum is WRX vs. the World, that means anyone else with any other cars who raced a WRX is welcome to post here. I don't care what car you drive, waht mods you have, if you win or lose, it's just a discussion that's all! I don't see why everyone's making a big deal out of this. Last time I checked the S4 guys were really cool about this board so let's just leave it at that yah?
    Tim
    Admin

vuluptuous ****agious was a joke...i knew I spelled both words wrong

Originally posted by Suparu
    I personally like the S4, but I didn't buy not because I can't afford it but because I don't need it.

I have been reading a lot about the feud between the WRX camp and the S4 camp(mainly you), and it just doesn't make any sense to compare the 2 cars.

I 'll be the first to admit that the S4 would burn the WRX in a long pull, I mean, the S4 does 0-100 a second faster then the WRX and after that, forget it. Paper stats aside, I got burned by a S4 pretty bad on the freeway a few times, but on the street where most of the races occur the WRX won't give in hands down. I have even beat S4's with drivers who can't shift right, but that's besides the point.

The real issue here is you get what you paid for, and that is a lot more then what I really need. Sure, the leather, climate control, sound deadening layers, the list goes on. For $40K you SHOULD have all of those things! Subaru is not a luxury car maker, and it never will be. It has an image that is far different then the Audi image. If I'm correct, the Audi 10 years ago were crappy and unwanted! Oh, those Audi 5000 quattros? Does that bring back any memories?

I have owned more expensive cars in the past, 1997 M3 for one, and the M3(stock) would have you gasping for air with the whimppy V6 of yours. Ioved the speed, but I also crave for the rawness of a real sports car. The refinement is good, but it could be done without. Your claim that most people who owns a WRX couldn't afford a S4 is wrong! I make close to 6 figures and I bought the WRX because of its edges, its raw power and its practicality. In fact, Subaru owner's average annual salary is in the mid $50000's according to Subaru themselves. I am not like you who needs a car to boost up his EGO, because I know what I'm worth with or without this car!

I hope you have fun with it now, because when the STi arrives, I will be one of the first to trade up and once they get here your S4 is as good as gone. Go and mod your car, but we all know you will be modding it not because you "want" to but because you don't want to lose to a "lowly" Subaru that's tuned by the factory to destroy big 5 liter american muscles and your overpriced Volkswagen S4(basically what it is).

BTW, you spelled "vuluptuous ****agious" wrong... I don't think you even own a S4. Most S4 owners are pretty sophisticated, unlike you.
    Looks like the sophistication does go to me...wooohoo. Kidding.

I thought I echoed your sentiments in my original post. I said if you wanted more of a raw performance car to get the WRX (I spelled it REX in my last post FYI, was that wrong too???). I also said that if you wanted something a bit more sophisticated (as if that's a big word) to get the SFour (technically spelled S4). I then expounded even further on that thought by saying that if you couldn't afford the S4 to get the WRX. I never ever mentioned that an owner of the WRX cannot afford a S4. I know very well that there are both type's of people...thus, all my elaboration.

I almost feel like further tearing down your response due to your stupidity, but due to respect for your fellow intelligent WRX owner's and forum moderators I will forego such measures. I have complete respect for the WRX. Maybe it's something you should learn for other great cars too. Then you won't sound like such an a**.

j5
    Last edited by wrx_killers4; 03-05-2002 at 05:42 AM.
    Gin and Tonic Demonic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast