Evothis
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Evothis within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went to Hot Import Nights Sat in Orlando, after being hit up and declining due to traffic conditions (EVo, wrx, ...

Evothis

Went to Hot Import Nights Sat in Orlando, after being hit up and declining due to traffic conditions (EVo, wrx, many bumble bees), got hit up by another EVO. No traffic, we did 3 roll ons. Once, he beat me, I didn't even have a chance, he had the go and I was still fumbling around deciding when we were gonna start. We even up again and run a couple more times, much better. We were literally head to head while I was in 4th, 5th started pulling, 6th actually pulls away prety good. STI is stock for now, the EVO appeared to be stock, both cars had a full load of people. Last run I was in 5th, put my blinker on and had room to slowly merge into his lane in front of him. But down low around 70mph or so, the cars are real close. I am not sure what gear he was starting in, but I am still getting used to having to start in 4th. My s2k turbo always started in 3rd at that speed. Anyways, his license plates said EVOTHIS. Pretty cool.
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX

Thumbs up

no matter what anyone says about either car, they're both awesome beasts!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

My thoughts exactly. The EVO looks pretty good while it's moving. I get more impressed with it everytime I see one.
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

WRX
    Yep. I pulled next to one in a parking lot and we were both rubbernecking over each other's rides. It was a blue one. It's a pretty nice blue, I must say that Mitsu must've been thinking of the WRX's popularity when they came up with that shade of blue. Which isn't bad... just makes me even more proud to own my REX
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Re: Evothis

Originally posted by Slo STI
    Went to Hot Import Nights Sat in Orlando, after being hit up and declining due to traffic conditions (EVo, wrx, many bumble bees), got hit up by another EVO. No traffic, we did 3 roll ons. Once, he beat me, I didn't even have a chance, he had the go and I was still fumbling around deciding when we were gonna start. We even up again and run a couple more times, much better. We were literally head to head while I was in 4th, 5th started pulling, 6th actually pulls away prety good. STI is stock for now, the EVO appeared to be stock, both cars had a full load of people. Last run I was in 5th, put my blinker on and had room to slowly merge into his lane in front of him. But down low around 70mph or so, the cars are real close. I am not sure what gear he was starting in, but I am still getting used to having to start in 4th. My s2k turbo always started in 3rd at that speed. Anyways, his license plates said EVOTHIS. Pretty cool.
    when he passed you, did you notice how loud is car was for stock? i thought it was really loud for stock...
    sliver 03' RX

There were several different EVOs running 12.0s at Englishtown this Saturday. I didn't see what mods they had but apparently not too hard to do. Fastest run was a first gen DSM. 10.0 at 149 . Complete with half track u-turn and all. The EVO is lucky to have basically the same 4G63 powerplant.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Originally posted by WRX
    Yep. I pulled next to one in a parking lot and we were both rubbernecking over each other's rides. It was a blue one. It's a pretty nice blue, I must say that Mitsu must've been thinking of the WRX's popularity when they came up with that shade of blue. Which isn't bad... just makes me even more proud to own my REX
    funny, i'm sick of my wrblue now cause i see similar colors being used by many different manufacturers...even that saturn suv (the vue or whatever it's called). i've even seen total beaters with our blue.

my next car is going to be white or silver.

5th and 6th gear in an STI !!!!!!

damn lucky to have one (and no cops around!)
    Are you alright sir?
    Fine...why, what have you heard?

stock intake w/silencer
    k&n panel
    up-pipe
    mbc@16psi
    lots of octane booster!

That's awesome. Once my STi is in I should have opportunity to run a slightly modified EVO at a track when I go visit some friends...

RN

keep us posted!!!
    Are you alright sir?
    Fine...why, what have you heard?

stock intake w/silencer
    k&n panel
    up-pipe
    mbc@16psi
    lots of octane booster!

Re: Evothis

Originally posted by Slo STI
    But down low around 70mph or so, the cars are real close. I am not sure what gear he was starting in, but I am still getting used to having to start in 4th. My s2k turbo always started in 3rd at that speed. Anyways, his license plates said EVOTHIS. Pretty cool.
    At 70, I would guess 3rd gear. I'll play around tonight and get back with ya. I usually don't look at the speedo until i'm done. One eye on redline, other eye on blurry pavement.

On a side note, I still have yet to race a WRX, let alone anyone but my buddy in his GTP. His lunch was tasty.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.