WRX vs. GSX

This is a discussion on WRX vs. GSX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, i gotta quick question for everyone, I currently drive a 99' GSX that just hit 36kmi. I am selling ...

Question WRX vs. GSX

Ok, i gotta quick question for everyone, I currently drive a 99' GSX that just hit 36kmi. I am selling it to buy a new car that is still under warranty and a WRX is at the top of my list. I would just like everyones opinion on the strength of the WRX's driveline and performance potential compared to the eclipse. Also my car is still under a 5yr/60,000 powertrain warranty, does anyone think that I am better off keeping the eclispe since I do have around $1500 in modifications already done?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the eclipse has an absolute TON of shi+ out for it. the wrx currently pales in comparison to what is available. but just since the arrival last year, there is already a good amount of things released or in development.

on the good side, it's a very easy car to bolt on upgrades and see very large returns for relatively short money.

have you driven one? do it. seriously.

dR

hey thanks for the info...i am really hoping that in a year or two the WRX is where the eclipse is at right now as far as aftermarket support, they definately have the potential. How do tranny's hold up in the WRX...i know that dsm's are notorious for breaking tranny's and that in general AWD's are pretty rough on them no matter what. I have never had a problem with my eclipse except for a broken spring in the clutch a while back. I just wanna make sure subies are not the next 3000GT VR-4.