Evo Race...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

This is a discussion on Evo Race... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Raced an 13.5 second EVO(saw him run it at the track), we were talking at first, then i asked him ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Brady6226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas (Kansas City Kansas area)
    Posts
    87

    Arrow Evo Race...

    Raced an 13.5 second EVO(saw him run it at the track), we were talking at first, then i asked him if he wanted to race, he was thinking he would walk all over me. so we went at it, 2nd gear, 40 mph. pulled a little on him in 2nd and 3rd was all mine, raced again from 65 mph, all mine again, then raced from 15 mph, 1st gear. pulled so my rear was on his front through 2nd and 3rd was all mine again. also i had one more in my car then him. he was stock, i have a Manual Boost Controller 1.15 bar in 4th, and removed the rear section, RFL Blow-off valve, total amount of money spent on mods: $80.00. gotta love it...but with my mods i just don't get
    sliver 03' RX

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User drbyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    283
    jeezus.

    the only question that i have is does the boost controller void your warranty? lol.

    if not, i may have to buy one. lol.

  4. #3
    Registered User TurboWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Morgantown, WV (WVU)
    Posts
    837
    1.15 bar??? stock turbo, stock uppipe? pretty soon that cat in the uppipe is gonna melt and fly into your turbo. that = one f**ked up turbo. enjoy
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

  5. #4
    Registered User BamBooI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    1,026
    Originally posted by TurboWRX
    1.15 bar??? stock turbo, stock uppipe? pretty soon that cat in the uppipe is gonna melt and fly into your turbo. that = one f**ked up turbo. enjoy
    Don't jump to conclusions. 17 psi is a tad bit high but platinum ran w/ a boost controller on a stock uppipe for a long time. Defintely not safe though.

  6. #5
    Registered User WRXin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    8,634
    Originally posted by TurboWRX
    1.15 bar??? stock turbo, stock uppipe? pretty soon that cat in the uppipe is gonna melt and fly into your turbo. that = one f**ked up turbo. enjoy
    My thoughts exactly!
    Fahd

    Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

  7. #6
    Registered User breepsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    585
    Originally posted by drbyers
    jeezus.

    the only question that i have is does the boost controller void your warranty? lol.

    if not, i may have to buy one. lol.
    Oh it will not only void your warranty, but void your turbo eventually

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    228
    Dont want to jack your thread but I have one quick question, I have a Vishnu Stage 0 and a greddy catback waiting to be installed into my car, how will my car stand up against the evo or even the srt-4. Will I need more to pull or even stick with the evo/srt-4 on the freeway, say past 80 (4th) with that setup?? Im also lookin for a vf30 and an aftermarket tmic so if your sellin one let me know !!

  9. #8
    WRX
    WRX is offline
    Registered User WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Montgomery, IL
    Posts
    2,671
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

  10. #9
    Registered User Brady6226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas (Kansas City Kansas area)
    Posts
    87
    Originally posted by TurboWRX
    1.15 bar??? stock turbo, stock uppipe? pretty soon that cat in the uppipe is gonna melt and fly into your turbo. that = one f**ked up turbo. enjoy
    I run 92 Octane, and the other thing is i dont run it hard all the time, it is usually 1.05 bar, i just turned it up for the evo. but still you have to be impresed with the bang for the buck notion.
    sliver 03' RX

  11. #10
    Registered User Brady6226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas (Kansas City Kansas area)
    Posts
    87
    Originally posted by Type1
    Dont want to jack your thread but I have one quick question, I have a Vishnu Stage 0 and a greddy catback waiting to be installed into my car, how will my car stand up against the evo or even the srt-4. Will I need more to pull or even stick with the evo/srt-4 on the freeway, say past 80 (4th) with that setup?? Im also lookin for a vf30 and an aftermarket tmic so if your sellin one let me know !!
    if they are stock, you will pull on them, maybe, the evo is not a highway car, it shifts into 5th around 100 mph, i wouldn't even be worried about that SRT-4 that hype has gone down as with the car.
    sliver 03' RX

  12. #11
    Registered User Mr. Fancypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SFV, CA
    Posts
    582
    I still dont see how a WRX with just MBC can keep up with a stock EVO... hell in another recent thread, some guy's STI and EVO were neck and neck.
    04 SVT Lightning

  13. #12
    Registered User TurboWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Morgantown, WV (WVU)
    Posts
    837
    Originally posted by Brady6226
    I run 92 Octane, and the other thing is i dont run it hard all the time, it is usually 1.05 bar, i just turned it up for the evo. but still you have to be impresed with the bang for the buck notion.
    i run 93 octane, and when i get my boost controller i'll prob run 1.1 bar peak on my high setting (i'll have an uppipe by then ) and prob 1 bar peak on my low setting.

    still man, i'm sayin you should be careful with that. besides, i think after a certain psi (16 or 16.5 i think) the TD04 doesn't benefit from higher boost....doesn't make it any faster.
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

  14. #13
    Registered User Simp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Orlando/Atlanta
    Posts
    81
    I don't know much about Evos, but I'm gonna have to say this guy couldn't drive. Which is pretty sad considering it was from a roll. Someone said they weren't geared for highway pulls though, maybe that's it?

    It would just seem to me that the more powerful car (lighter too I thought, not really sure though) would win from a roll. It's not like WRX's are highway monsters either.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

  15. #14
    Registered User Brady6226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas (Kansas City Kansas area)
    Posts
    87

    Arrow look above

    Originally posted by Simp
    I don't know much about Evos, but I'm gonna have to say this guy couldn't drive. Which is pretty sad considering it was from a roll. Someone said they weren't geared for highway pulls though, maybe that's it?

    It would just seem to me that the more powerful car (lighter too I thought, not really sure though) would win from a roll. It's not like WRX's are highway monsters either.
    at the first sentence, he ran a 13.5, i saw it in person, and it was on tape. obvisouly, he can drive, and it wasn't a fluke, I beat him many times. maybe i just have a factory freak, who knows
    sliver 03' RX

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    22
    I've had a similar experience. wrx-1 evo-0 Beat the evo from a stop and then from a roll. My only mods were TurboXS stealthback, MBC @15psi, and K&N.
    TurboXS stealth back w/cat
    K&N filter (resonator removed)
    Hallman MBC set @ 14.7 psi in 4th gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •