My new STi vs. Mustang GT and SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new STi vs. Mustang GT and SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Race one = Mustang Dead. Race two = SRT 4 Dead. Since I bought this car, life has been so ...

My new STi vs. Mustang GT and SRT-4

Race one = Mustang Dead.

Race two = SRT 4 Dead.

Since I bought this car, life has been so much easier.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you need some competition.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Your day is comming. Better watch for 03 cobras and modded LS1's.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

Funny thing is I raced a GT convertible tonight. I was cruising at 50 with my AUTOMATIC rex wagon. He blasts right besides me with 2 chicks and was laughing at my wife's rex. So I took it down to 3 and gunned it. My wife was laughing as she looked at the GT. All that kid can do is to shake his head in disbelief as a station wagon just kept 3 car lengths on him. I shut down around 90 due to the traffic and the road. He prolly could've caught up if we kept going. But its just kinda sad to see a nice sports car like that get a spanking from a 4door wagon. All my wife said was, "Did we just beat a Mustang GT?".

We sure did hon, we sure did

Re: My new STi vs. Mustang GT and SRT-4

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    Race one = Mustang Dead.

Race two = SRT 4 Dead.

Since I bought this car, life has been so much easier.

What was done to the mustang?? any visible or Audible mods??

Rob
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

Originally posted by ForPointSex
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

What did your sti run in the 1/4?
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    $1,700 in mods (head&cam)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

Originally posted by ForPointSex
    Sorry guy, but the sti is going to take to performance mods EASILY. STi is still new so people haven't done turbo swaps and such yet, but it's been dyno proven that simple exhaust and boost upgrades will put out 300+whp, besides, the STi isn't even designed to be a drag racer or dyno queen...

yeah, and those 03 cobra's and modded ls1's better watch out for curves in the road...and rain...and snow...and dirt...and stoplight challenges...

FYI, a bone stock sti ran 2 12.7's in the 1/4 back to back on super2ner on tnn.(yeah, the one with the idiot ricer twins).
    Last edited by FastARSEWRX; 06-15-2003 at 11:46 PM.

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Funny thing is I raced a GT convertible tonight. I was cruising at 50 with my AUTOMATIC rex wagon. He blasts right besides me with 2 chicks and was laughing at my wife's rex. So I took it down to 3 and gunned it. My wife was laughing as she looked at the GT. All that kid can do is to shake his head in disbelief as a station wagon just kept 3 car lengths on him. I shut down around 90 due to the traffic and the road. He prolly could've caught up if we kept going. But its just kinda sad to see a nice sports car like that get a spanking from a 4door wagon. All my wife said was, "Did we just beat a Mustang GT?".

We sure did hon, we sure did
    I aint saying *BS*, but I drove a WRX auto wagon and my 2003 Expedition would KILL it...

So if your going to make statements like that, please post your mods! No WAY a stock WRX wagon auto takes a GT Stang.

The difference between my friends WRX Sedan 5 speed and the auto wagon was NOIGHT AND DYAY (in Australian).
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    I aint saying *BS*, but I drove a WRX auto wagon and my 2003 Expedition would KILL it...

So if your going to make statements like that, please post your mods! No WAY a stock WRX wagon auto takes a GT Stang.

The difference between my friends WRX Sedan 5 speed and the auto wagon was NOIGHT AND DYAY (in Australian).
    A 5-speed wagon will take the GT...is the difference between auto and manual that big in the WRX?

RN

Originally posted by renichms
    A 5-speed wagon will take the GT...is the difference between auto and manual that big in the WRX?

RN
    actually, yes......the auto wagon runs to 60 in like 6.7 and does the quarter in like 15.5.......big big difference
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by 03Cobra

Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Ponylover, but my wife's auto rex wagon IS stock and it did wup on a 98 style GT. Blame it on the driver or the car, but the sad truth is it did get beat.

I don't have a reason to BS on this board, I have no reason to impress anyone with my wife's stock rex. But sometimes people let numbers and prejuctice against 4eat or "its a wagon" get in the way and refuse to believe that a wagon is actually faster than an domestic SUV or "sports car".

BTW, I owned a Spec V and its no match for the 4eat rex wagon. And I ran circles around ford suv with my Spec V.

Originally posted by renichms

RN
    Off the line, yes. A HUGE difference. You can't really launch the auto anywhere as good as the 5-speed without mod.

Off a roll? The auto is not much slower than the 5-speed since it doesn't lose ground between shifts, it just keeps pulling.

0-60? ya, the 5-speed is the king stock. off a roll? ya, the 5-speed takes the crown also but not by much.

I totally believe you AsianWRX. I drove both a manual and an automatic and the 4eat powered wrx is impressive. Just put the pedal to the metal and the thing flies. While drive a 5MT, the driver is a big factor, experience plays an important role, but yet again 4eat, just mash and go.

Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    Sorry guy, but the sti is going to take to performance mods EASILY. STi is still new so people haven't done turbo swaps and such yet, but it's been dyno proven that simple exhaust and boost upgrades will put out 300+whp, besides, the STi isn't even designed to be a drag racer or dyno queen...

yeah, and those 03 cobra's and modded ls1's better watch out for curves in the road...and rain...and snow...and dirt...and stoplight challenges...

FYI, a bone stock sti ran 2 12.7's in the 1/4 back to back on super2ner on tnn.(yeah, the one with the idiot ricer twins).

Taking to performance mods easily?? Exhaust and a chip and that o3 cobra is running 11.8's all day on stock tires.. Throw on some DR's or ET's and your looking 11.6's all day. Who the hell is gonna race in the rain or snow anyway unless your "rallying" or offroading?? I swear ive gotten so sick and tired of this racing in the rain and snow **** lol.. << besides, the STi isn't even designed to be a drag racer or dyno queen >> Pot calling the kettle black. Dont get me wrong, i made my wrx into a drag racing God, 20k in mods later.

Rob
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.