My new STi vs. Mustang GT and SRT-4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new STi vs. Mustang GT and SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; is your engine detonating stock? modded? serveral guys and even shops on nasioc are having detonating problems. seems ecu doesnt ...

is your engine detonating stock? modded? serveral guys and even shops on nasioc are having detonating problems. seems ecu doesnt retard timing when knock occurs yikes
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    Yea I suppose a 98 Stang auto. Those might have been 225 HP. They were fairly slow. But you did NOT "wup up" on him. You are prolly about the same in speed. And on the highway the V8 will carry him better. So he probably was not even trying.

The 96-98 Stang GTs were slow. Like you said 225 horsepower in a 3400+ lb car. My friend had a 96 Stang GT auto and my 96 Neon 5spd would pull on him. It may not have "wupped up" on him but, man you should have seen his face and the days of ridicule he suffered.
    Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple Yes or No answer. -- Space Ghost

Ford focus owns all WRC races. Yes, A ford can beat you in the twisties.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

Originally posted by ForPointSex
    What? A Ford WRC Focus is something you can't even buy. The WRC focus is AWD while the production focus is FWD, not even close to being the same car. How can you compare a factory race car to a production Subie.
    Last edited by jamie007; 06-25-2003 at 10:06 AM.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

yo ford dude, aka lack of sex or whatever

read the WRC standings before shooting off your mouth....the highest placing ford in the wrc is in 6th in the standings, hardly what I would call "owing" us..........oh, and how surprising that the subaru is several positions ahead of it.....
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    I aint saying *BS*, but I drove a WRX auto wagon and my 2003 Expedition would KILL it...

So if your going to make statements like that, please post your mods! No WAY a stock WRX wagon auto takes a GT Stang.

The difference between my friends WRX Sedan 5 speed and the auto wagon was NOIGHT AND DYAY (in Australian).
    your a complete dumbass if u really believe that an expedition will beat a wrx automatic. i have an automatic wrx and i have raced a couple of mustang gt's and have beat most of them. actually, i have never lost to one yet. only mustang i have lost to is a supped up 5.0. now that im not stock, i raced a mustang gt. i completely destroyed it. the guy came around a turn, and hit it. i was right behind it. he had about 2 cars lead. i came up from behind him and took him by 3 cars. he was also supped up, so that made my happy. i raced an ls1 a couple days ago from a 5 mph roll, i had it in 1st on my auto tranny, and we both hit it at the same time and i got an automatic car length on him, but up to the quarter mile (or so) he had about 2 cars on me. i know if i was not modded, he would have had me by more.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I saw a few atuo's at the track (1/4) the other day.. one was a wagon and the other was a sudan.. I don't remember which was which.. I ran them both.. I think they were both stock but they ran a 14.8 nad a 15.00 both had drag radials but didn't do any sort of burn outs with them which made them almost useless..

They both looked a little wet behind the ears.. The other guys they were with ran some sick times and were giving them some tips.. Their friends were runing 13.1's and 13.5's.. (sticks)
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

Originally posted by whodeani
    I saw a few atuo's at the track (1/4) the other day.. one was a wagon and the other was a sudan.. I don't remember which was which.. I ran them both.. I think they were both stock but they ran a 14.8 nad a 15.00 both had drag radials but didn't do any sort of burn outs with them which made them almost useless..

They both looked a little wet behind the ears.. The other guys they were with ran some sick times and were giving them some tips.. Their friends were runing 13.1's and 13.5's.. (sticks)
    how come an automatic wrx, or any wrx for that matter, go to the track with radials? is this like something many wrx owners practice? this is the first time i hear this.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

whodeani, i have a question. some guy on vwvortex is trying to tell me that he ran a 14.01 with his 1.8t with just an intake. he says that he knows how to launch the car, and this is why he gets such great times. no slicks, just street tires. how is this possible? or is he just bsing his ass off.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Originally posted by renichms
    A 5-speed wagon will take the GT...is the difference between auto and manual that big in the WRX?
    1.5 to 2 seconds in stock trim.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

Originally posted by ForPointSex
    Wrong.
    Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Results
    The Focus lost by over 30 seconds.
    And like jamie007 said, the POS Focus isn't AWD here.
    I miss my bugeye.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

Despite how far this topic has derailed, I still own the streets

Originally posted by WTypeRogerX
    1.5 to 2 seconds in stock trim.
    Thats mainly due to the launch limitation right? In stock form, the auto has a slight advantage w/o the shift time and the boost. But I believe that the drivestrain loss is more severe on the auto???

SBW
    Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    whodeani, i have a question. some guy on vwvortex is trying to tell me that he ran a 14.01 with his 1.8t with just an intake. he says that he knows how to launch the car, and this is why he gets such great times. no slicks, just street tires. how is this possible? or is he just bsing his ass off.
    Wrong, definitely not running a 14. He'd need a lot more than an intake. I was a vw fan for a long time, and I really doubt his claim.

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Thats mainly due to the launch limitation right? In stock form, the auto has a slight advantage w/o the shift time and the boost. But I believe that the drivestrain loss is more severe on the auto???
    I think it's the launch. Not sure if the auto lets you rev close to redline before shifting as I haven't ridden in one yet.
    I miss my bugeye.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast