My new STi vs. Mustang GT and SRT-4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new STi vs. Mustang GT and SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by GriffinREX Sounds like you need some competition. It's a shame MOP doesn't live closer to me. I'd ...

Originally posted by GriffinREX
    Sounds like you need some competition.
    It's a shame MOP doesn't live closer to me. I'd give him a run for his money.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Ponylover, but my wife's auto rex wagon IS stock and it did wup on a 98 style GT. Blame it on the driver or the car, but the sad truth is it did get beat.

I don't have a reason to BS on this board, I have no reason to impress anyone with my wife's stock rex. But sometimes people let numbers and prejuctice against 4eat or "its a wagon" get in the way and refuse to believe that a wagon is actually faster than an domestic SUV or "sports car".

BTW, I owned a Spec V and its no match for the 4eat rex wagon. And I ran circles around ford suv with my Spec V.
    Yea I suppose a 98 Stang auto. Those might have been 225 HP. They were fairly slow. But you did NOT "wup up" on him. You are prolly about the same in speed. And on the highway the V8 will carry him better. So he probably was not even trying.

BTW: I am NOT a stang person. I love ALL fast cars. The WRX being on my list of cars with lots of potential.

I thought you meant the newer Mustang 4.6 wth 260 HP.... I will eat WRX Wagon Auto's ALL day long with a 260 HP Stang. They are quick!

Look, I'm NOT crazy and I KNOW a fast car when I drive one and that 2002 WRX Wagon Auto that I test drove was an ABSOLUTE JOKE! It lacked power so bad I could NOT believe the difference. 0-60 MAYBE in the 8's.... I did not try to spool the turbo and power brake. Someone was going to buy the car. I simply mashed the gas from a stop. Was a JOKE I tell you...

Even the stock 2002 WRX is *peppy* but not a fast car. It might be fun for one but not the other. Not me. My friends (BlackWRX) 02 WRX Sedan 5spd did not feel very fun to me until he got to Stage2+. Then it was a lot more fun. Pretty quick.

I have yet to be in a WRX that really NAILS me to the seat. Even the Stage 4 I sat in lacked the torque.

Maybe I'm a die-hard American V8 fan....

You can keep *dreaming* that you "wupped" a stang. But you might have taken him by 1 foot. If thats you definition of "wup!" They are VERY close. Even an idiot driver can mash the pedal. Wupped.... Let me guess, 5 cars?

03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

MasterofPain- don't sweat the Mustang guys- they hate to lose and seldom do it gracefully. I drove an automatic wagon and it did suck off the line, but once moving, it was pretty quick.

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    Yea I suppose a 98 Stang auto. Those might have been 225 HP. They were fairly slow. But you did NOT "wup up" on him. You are prolly about the same in speed. And on the highway the V8 will carry him better. So he probably was not even trying.

BTW: I am NOT a stang person. I love ALL fast cars. The WRX being on my list of cars with lots of potential.

I thought you meant the newer Mustang 4.6 wth 260 HP.... I will eat WRX Wagon Auto's ALL day long with a 260 HP Stang. They are quick!

Look, I'm NOT crazy and I KNOW a fast car when I drive one and that 2002 WRX Wagon Auto that I test drove was an ABSOLUTE JOKE! It lacked power so bad I could NOT believe the difference. 0-60 MAYBE in the 8's.... I did not try to spool the turbo and power brake. Someone was going to buy the car. I simply mashed the gas from a stop. Was a JOKE I tell you...

Even the stock 2002 WRX is *peppy* but not a fast car. It might be fun for one but not the other. Not me. My friends (BlackWRX) 02 WRX Sedan 5spd did not feel very fun to me until he got to Stage2+. Then it was a lot more fun. Pretty quick.

I have yet to be in a WRX that really NAILS me to the seat. Even the Stage 4 I sat in lacked the torque.

Maybe I'm a die-hard American V8 fan....

You can keep *dreaming* that you "wupped" a stang. But you might have taken him by 1 foot. If thats you definition of "wup!" They are VERY close. Even an idiot driver can mash the pedal. Wupped.... Let me guess, 5 cars?

Boy, I don't even know where to start. First of all, If a Stage 4 "lacked the torque" for ya then I recommend going to a domestic board and brag about it.

We don't need some punk to define the definition of "wupping" or "wup" for us. We also don't need some prick to tell us if the other car was trying or not. BTW, who died and made you God?

You're the typical redneck who believes that if you own a mustang, especially a GT. That you are invinsible on the streets and noone can "wup you up". That's the same mindset that the kid had when my wife's WRX wagon put the smack on that POS.

FYI, bring your sorry @$$ excuse for a V8 against the 9 sec WRX auto, since you claim that you "will eat WRX Wagon Auto's ALL day long with a 260 HP Stang. They are quick!"
    Last edited by AsianWRX; 06-17-2003 at 09:21 AM.

Originally posted by RobPA
    Taking to performance mods easily?? Exhaust and a chip and that o3 cobra is running 11.8's all day on stock tires.. Throw on some DR's or ET's and your looking 11.6's all day. Who the hell is gonna race in the rain or snow anyway unless your "rallying" or offroading?? I swear ive gotten so sick and tired of this racing in the rain and snow **** lol.. << besides, the STi isn't even designed to be a drag racer or dyno queen >> Pot calling the kettle black. Dont get me wrong, i made my wrx into a drag racing God, 20k in mods later.

Rob
    Rob... please PM me.

-Bob
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

Boy, I don't even know where to start. First of all, If a Stage 4 "lacked the torque" for ya then I recommend going to a domestic board and brag about it.

We don't need some punk to define the definition of "wupping" or "wup" for us. We also don't need some prick to tell us if the other car was trying or not. BTW, who died and made you God?

You're the typical redneck who believes that if you own a mustang, especially a GT. That you are invinsible on the streets and noone can "wup you up". That's the same mindset that the kid had when my wife's WRX wagon put the smack on that POS.

FYI, bring your sorry @$$ excuse for a V8 against the 9 sec WRX auto, since you claim that you "will eat WRX Wagon Auto's ALL day long with a 260 HP Stang. They are quick!"

Being the former owner of a automatic WRX with a fully prepped race engine and Gt-37 turbo, i can say i was extremely dissapointed with the torque and the car was only fun from a roll due to the fact the turbo woudlent take a brake torque. Also, if i had the 50+ Thousand that easystreet spent to import rigoli tuners and performance partson there wrx to spend on my mustang, i would be running with john force in the funny car division.

Rob
    Last edited by RobPA; 06-17-2003 at 05:12 PM.
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

I know this guy with a 01 Trans Am who is dieing to race my WRX. He can't right now because it's "in the shop" (what a surprise). He told me that no way some rice car will beat his V8. It's like this, I have nothing to loose racing a Trans Am, if I loose, my 4-Cylinder got beat by a V-8, BIG DEAL. BUT..... If he looses, he just got beat by a 4-Cylinder, 4-door family car....
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Funny thing is I raced a GT convertible tonight. I was cruising at 50 with my AUTOMATIC rex wagon. He blasts right besides me with 2 chicks and was laughing at my wife's rex. So I took it down to 3 and gunned it. My wife was laughing as she looked at the GT. All that kid can do is to shake his head in disbelief as a station wagon just kept 3 car lengths on him. I shut down around 90 due to the traffic and the road. He prolly could've caught up if we kept going. But its just kinda sad to see a nice sports car like that get a spanking from a 4door wagon. All my wife said was, "Did we just beat a Mustang GT?".

We sure did hon, we sure did
    Thatīs great!
    I do REALLY want the STi to come to Argentina...

Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    yeah, and those 03 cobra's and modded ls1's better watch out for curves in the road...and rain...and snow...and dirt...and stoplight challenges...
    Please tell me you aren't serious about the curves, rain and snow thing......please, for us WRX owners .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by jamie007
    I know this guy with a 01 Trans Am who is dieing to race my WRX. He can't right now because it's "in the shop" (what a surprise). He told me that no way some rice car will beat his V8. It's like this, I have nothing to loose racing a Trans Am, if I loose, my 4-Cylinder got beat by a V-8, BIG DEAL. BUT..... If he looses, he just got beat by a 4-Cylinder, 4-door family car....

You forgot you have a turbo and low compression.

Rob

You are right there, RobPA. But isnīt much sweeter to do it when the engine, despite having turbo and low compression, is much smaller than the oppositeīs car?

I love it, I prefer Turbos than big normal engines, maybe thatīs why I feel it sweeter. And because of the fuel economy running low the engine.

That is all good and well, but the fact still states you are running comparible horsepower and need booste to do it Its all really nill, but im just sayin you cant act like your little 4 cyl did somthing huge when your car costs close to the same price (or more in your TT case) then a car thats naturally aspirated and has comparible horsepower.

Rob

I understood now, RobPA. Youīre right. Then itīs because I love turbocharged engines that I feel it sweeter.
    And... I wish I had a TT! Anyway a friend of mine is about buying one soon... Iīll know how it feels to drive one, so!

PS: whatīs a hamo?

Ok....sorry, I joined this discussion late in the game....looks like most of the blows have been had.....but i'll say one thing.....if the stock sti's are pulling 12.7's then cobra guys with non-modded cars should look out......that's roughly a dead heat in the quarter.....forget the snow and all that argument cause there will be no contest with the sti in the curves and non-standard road surfaces.....there is no way the cobra can hang in a slalom event, read the magazines for the sti (I think it came in 2nd behind the evo for fastest slip times EVER in the slalom). Sounds like to me in a good ole straight line shootout the sti is right there.....side by side.......and once you hit any curves it's all over....stang down

As Dennis Miller says, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong"...but i don't think so
    Last edited by Silver04Sti; 06-18-2003 at 06:32 PM.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

ha

where's mike for response
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.