my wrx vs. my exhaust + cop(illinois)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on my wrx vs. my exhaust + cop(illinois) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just got a ticket because my exhaust is too loud/modified. damn, one day before leaving for greece. does such ...

my wrx vs. my exhaust + cop(illinois)

i just got a ticket because my exhaust is too loud/modified. damn, one day before leaving for greece. does such a ticket screw up my supervisions? its not a moving violation so i doubt it. will it increase insurance?
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get dB meter and measure it. Looks like there is more to come with intake silencer removed, ect.

I'm from Maryland, here its not to big of a deal. You have have the exhaust inspected (cost $10). But moddifying your exhaust is illiagle so you must change it back to stock. Just dont let it happen alot. I've gotten three now, the inspector told me the DMV may send me a $500 fine if they figure out I got three. And that next time they may pull my tags. Luckly its been by three diff cops so they may not notice. Oh yeah and the last two times I got it inspected I had a catless up-pipe on it and they didn't say anything. And it shouldn't affect your insurance.

Smile

I got one on my Firehawk last year in WoodDale. It's not a moving violation, and won't affect your insurance, or the status of your drivers license (unless you don't pay it).

Just keep your eyes peeled for cops anytime you're gonna be on the gas, and keep the revs as low as you can if Officer Friendly is nearby.

My Invidia DP is going on today, so I'll be full catless with the Borla exhaust. I'm thinking I'll be a tad loud myself here in a few hours.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    By the way, Kalo Taxidi ellinopaido. I'm stuck in the US all summer, sigh...

The trouble will really depend on what they have the time and energy to do. Technically swapping out an exhaust in a newer car is illegal, and removing a catalyst is a federal no-no. If they are
    inclined to push they can create all sorts of problems.

But they usually aren't - and in a large city everyone has other stuff to do I'm sure (crime comes to mind). Your best bet is to deal with the "fix it" ticket - which no doubt this will only amount to, no more - and figure out a way to not get caught at it again since it's not worth the hassle. Maybe put on enough stuff to pass by the fix and then either stay that way or figure out something that'll not draw as much attention - and definitely replace *everything* if you want to be extra-safe come state inspection time, if you have one.
    SD
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

its not a fix it ticket. anyhow, my father is completely pissed and he will go to court for me on the date of the court. he is taking over my car and going to buy me a new one instead that is not modified. he is going to put a muffler on it too, one that looks stock. i took her out again today and i feel really sad that im going to lose her, but at least its still going to be in the family. now, im contemplating over the evo or r32. BOTH WILL NOT BE MODIFIED... exept chip if applicable hehe!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Wait. You got a ticket and instead of fixing it, your dad is taking your getting a more expensive one?

Now thats a deal!

I just got pulled over this week too, but with a warning. I hope the Chicago Suburbs aren't trying to crack down on us.
    It's not a damn beanbag!

Where I live most people have pickups and a lot are straight pipes with no cats and noone ever gets in trouble. we don't do emissions tests in my city either hehe.

bat

hrm....lol

ya i just got pulled over too for tint on my windows. the cop told me it was a petpeev of his so thats why he gave me the ticket. in ill thats bull sh!t..

The racist cops leave us domestic drivers alone. At least here in NJ.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

WRX
    Originally posted by WR Xilr8
    I just got pulled over this week too, but with a warning. I hope the Chicago Suburbs aren't trying to crack down on us.
    Dude, I was driving on 290 and there was a sign that said "1800 speeding tickets in 2 weeks" "SLOW DOWN"

I'd say they're trying to crack down on speeders a bit.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

yeah alabama... thats the only good thing about living here... luckily i will be outta here soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.